Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cqwrteur View Post
    You want new models because you think new models are superior graphics. You would like to ask for even more superior graphics in the future.

That would be the case. The toggle never really works. BE/NE/Draenei old models are gone in live wow.
    What would be the point of extra animations in Classic? It's Classic. Nobody would be asking for that.

Just take a deep breath and relax, a new model toggle has no reason to ruin the old ones there.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coconut View Post
    What would be the point of extra animations in Classic? It's Classic. Nobody would be asking for that.
    People want new animations if they want new models too.

Just take a deep breath and relax, a new model toggle has no reason to ruin the old ones there.
    Well. that toggle ruined my character on live.

People want new animations if they want new models too.
    Maybe, but they can get all that is Standard. And most of the new animations and skins came with new content, not at players' specific requests: demon hunters, the Highmountain Tauren with new skins and horns, artifact empowerment animations, etc. These wouldn't exist in Classic.

I am sorry that affected you (I personally love the new models), but I don't think you have reasons to worry. It's simply not the same situation.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coconut View Post
    Maybe, but they can get all that is Standard. And most of the new animations and skins came with new content, not at players' specific requests: demon hunters, the Highmountain Tauren with new skins and horns, artifact empowerment animations, etc. These wouldn't exist in Classic.
    well. that is not the case I think. I don't think it is that hard for dh be or whatever since I have videos to prove how to bring them back. However, blizzard does not think that way.

7+ Year Old Account

Exclamation

Well, how I not once already said, this always was much better and fair solution.
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    "Damnit Blizz stop being lazy and update your models this isn't 2004 anymore!"
    *they update their models*
    "Damnit Blizz stop being lazy and give us a toggle to go back to the old models we've been complaining about!"
    This is so old and wrong argument so I'm not even sure that it's worth commenting it, but all right: the first - this could be different people, the second - no one asked for changes, and according to their initial statements it shouldn't even happend, but then they took and change everything according their own opinion (not in accordance with old models concepts) and this was their first and main mistake. "Toggle" wasn't problem solution, but a crutch (2) => unofficial recognition that they know how they failed, but officially company has habit of never recognizing any own mistakes.
    Last edited by Alkizon; 2017-11-16 at 09:05 AM.
    __---=== IMHO(+cg) and MORE |"links-inside" ===---__

__---=== PM me WHERE if I'm unnecessarily "notifying" you ===---__

If my memory isn't failing me there won't be any draenei models in classic because they didn't exist yet. And high/blood elves (if there are any of the latter) just used a hideous recolor of night elves.

- - - Updated - - -

"Damnit Blizz stop being lazy and give us a toggle to go back to the old models we've been complaining about!"
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    I never claimed I want any kind of graphics upgrade. Other people want =/= I want.

If it's really hard to maintain both models, they'd remove the new ones. They obviously have an interest in maintaining the distinction between old and new servers.

I mean, unless the Vanilla community for some reason requests the new models. But I doubt it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    It's Vanilla. Vanilla had the old models. You should play with the old models.
    It's Classic. Classic could have both models. You should have the choice.

10+ Year Old Account
    The whole point of Classic is that it's a completely different game from the current. When you add in something from the current game, it stops being Classic and more of a hybrid. This isn't what Classic supporters want, they want the nostalgia of Classic WoW, without anything from the current game. Current game changes have no place in Classic, honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by duannyboy View Post
    It's Classic. Classic could have both models. You should have the choice.
    No. The point of them is the old experience. Transmog, account-wide, mount collections, pet collections and new models are all part of Cataclysm and later expansions, therefore not part of the Classic experience. You want classic, you get classic.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NatePsychotic View Post
    The whole point of Classic is that it's a completely different game from the current. When you add in something from the current game, it stops being Classic and more of a hybrid. This isn't what Classic supporters want, they want the nostalgia of Classic WoW, without anything from the current game. Current game changes have no place in Classic, honestly.
    I understand that OP isn't against it, he is afraid that Blizzard won't fulfill the promise... again. And therefore tries to protect himself, if it can be called so. I completely understand him.

My new friends, who also once participated in models and game's paradigms discussions, continue to assure me that Blizzard shouldn't longer be trusted and doesn't matter what company's representatives would say, they will find where to bring you down. I'm afraid I also share the same point of view for now. But I'll wait and see.
    Last edited by Alkizon; 2017-11-15 at 05:35 PM.
    __---=== IMHO(+cg) and MORE |"links-inside" ===---__

__---=== PM me WHERE if I'm unnecessarily "notifying" you ===---__

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkizon View Post
    I understand that OP isn't against it, he is afraid that Blizzard won't fulfill the promise... again. And therefore tries to protect himself, if it can be called so. I completely understand him.

My new friends, who also once participated in models and game's paradigms discussions, continue to assure me that Blizzard shouldn't longer be trusted and doesn't matter what company's representatives would say, they will find where to bring you down. I'm afraid I also share the same point of view for now. But I'll wait and see.
    exactly what I mean

- - - Updated - - -

No. The point of them is the old experience. Transmog, account-wide, mount collections, pet collections and new models are all part of Cataclysm and later expansions, therefore not part of the Classic experience. You want classic, you get classic.
    thank you so much

It's Vanilla. Vanilla had the old models. You should play with the old models.
    Let's sya there's a toggle. Why would it matter to you if I do/don't play with old models if you can't even see it from your side? Why does that matter to you? You'd never know who is using which model, to you everyone would look like the old models.

How.

How does my, invisible to you, choice.

Affect.

YOU.

Quote Originally Posted by SpellCleave View Post
    Let's sya there's a toggle. Why would it matter to you if I do/don't play with old models if you can't even see it from your side? Why does that matter to you? You'd never know who is using which model, to you everyone would look like the old models.

How.

How does my, invisible to you, choice.

Affect.

YOU.
    Do you want classic, or do you want classic+?

Do you want classic, or do you want classic+?
    I want classic. But I'd also like the game to look prettier on MY END. Which BTW, the visuals don't change what classic is for me. The only change I want, or am okay with, is VISUAL. So don't try and toss me into the bin of "Legion baby who wants legion-classic."

Also, stop deflecting like a child and answer my damn question. How does something only I can see, affect YOU. I'd be so thrilled to hear an actual answer from you, because currently you seem too brain-dead to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by SpellCleave View Post
    I want classic. But I'd also like the game to look prettier on MY END. Which BTW, the visuals don't change what classic is for me. The only change I want or am okay with is VISUAL. So don't try and toss me into the bin of "Legion baby who wants legion-classic."

Also, stop deflecting like a child and answer my damn question. How does something only I can see, affect YOU. I'd be so thrilled to hear an actual answer from you, because currently you seem too brain-dead to do so.
    It's not deflecting. You want classic. It's classic. Classic means old models. How does transmog being in classic affect you if you don't use it? Answer: it really doesn't, but it also doesn't make it classic.

Stop saying you want a meal, then when you get it, going "But actually I want this on top of the meal. For free."

It's not deflecting. You want classic. It's classic. Classic means old models. How does transmog being in classic affect you if you don't use it? Answer: it really doesn't, but it also doesn't make it classic.

Stop saying you want a meal, then when you get it, going "But actually I want this on top of the meal. For free."
    Huh? Transmog affects what everyone sees. That's a retarded comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by nmarg85 View Post
    Huh? Transmog affects what everyone sees. That's a retarded comparison.
    How does it affect you that someone has epic gear but it doesn't look like clown gear? It really doesn't in the end. However, it makes it not-classic. A new model toggle is also not-classic.

Classic-purists are right. If you want classic, you get classic.

Again. Deflecting my question and acting like a general moron. Nice job, kid.