Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

Asmongold's speech on Classic WoW [3:17]

https://youtu.be/GO6lx09c56w?t=26

"You can't let people vote. Mob rule? The mob is stupid. They don't know anything. Small changes turn into big changes."

"There are some changes, some things that happened within Vanilla, those are reasonable, those can be discussed."

And we need a thread on this because...?

I don't particularly care for Asmongold, but he's not wrong - probably because that's common sense at this point though. We don't need ANOTHER thread on changes vs no changes etc though.

Mods really should make a megathread for it.

An opinion that matters more because he's got a bunch of subscribers? What, no way.

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    An opinion that matters more because he's got a bunch of subscribers? What, no way.
    What? His opinion is equal to yours. Where did you get the impression of the opposite?

I just like it because it reflects my thoughts exactly.

I'd proudly follow Asmongold's disgusting ass into battle any day
    Una melodía tocada por las cuerdas de nuestras almas,
    y el ritmo que nos sacudió hasta el hueso

Deleted
    The slippery slope argument is a fallacies for a good reason. As an example, demanding that the exact same client is used is irrational nostalgia and has no bearing on what made vanilla attractive.

Holy shit that guy is retarded.

Legion = ez Mode?

Are you stupid? Vanilla was fucking easy, the hardest bosses back then where easier than goroth you fucking dipshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Serenity91 View Post

Legion = ez Mode?

Are you stupid? Vanilla was fucking easy, the hardest bosses back then where easier than goroth you fucking dipshit.
    Wth are you talking about? Asmongold has said repeatedly how easy raids will be in Classic
    Una melodía tocada por las cuerdas de nuestras almas,
    y el ritmo que nos sacudió hasta el hueso

How did that withered escape? Someone should alert Thalyssra.

Legion = ez Mode?

Vanilla is more hardcore only due to the time it requires. I don't think he means its harder then legion in comparison to boss mechanics.
    Shadowlands - Server first 60 Rogue on Tarren-Mill EU
    Classic - Server first 60 Rogue on Gandling EU
    Server first Ragnaros, World 6th

Yea so because people don't like bugs they don't like classic?

Sorry but even on private servers bug fixing is a thing. That's just a stupid thing to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Slashnox View Post
    What? His opinion is equal to yours. Where did you get the impression of the opposite?

I just like it because it reflects my thoughts exactly.
    He is completely right... the same people that nodded their head to every Blizzard convenience coded into WoW already HAVE the WoW they want.

Leave Classic exactly as it was... amazing. My only changes? Make sure Classic naturally rolls over the BC expansion then Wrath... and at the same time start NEW Vanilla servers. So people can enjoy the new start again and again if they so choose.

Legion = ez Mode?

95% of shit in legion is easy as fuck.. thats the point

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    He is completely right... the same people that nodded their head to every Blizzard convenience coded into WoW already HAVE the WoW they want.

Leave Classic exactly as it was... amazing. My only changes? Make sure Classic naturally rolls over the BC expansion then Wrath... and at the same time start NEW Vanilla servers. So people can enjoy the new start again and again if they so choose.
    I agree with this post.

Legion = ez Mode?

Ok so I don't think "you fucking dipshit" is necessary here for 2 reasons:

1) He has repeatadly said how easy Classic WoW will be with 2017 players and how bad players were back then. Everything will get 1-shot on release.

2) He is not saying the boss mechanics in Legion are easy, over the last 12 years boss mechanics have gotten increasingly more difficult to compensate for the players becoming better and getting better addons. What he means with "legion = ez mode" is that things weren't handed to you on a silver platter in Vanilla WoW. You had to grind and every single thing took so fucking long to earn. Just getting into the raid required you to get attunded first, find players to go with you and actually walk all the way there. In Legion it's all 1 click away.
    Last edited by Slashnox; 2017-11-16 at 03:30 PM.

Legion = ez Mode?

Dude, do you even listen to Asmongold?

"The hardest thing about Raids back in the day, was getting the 40 players to get into the Raid. Vanilla was good because of the Community, because of the sense of wonder. Now, it's an LFR Casual fest."- Asmongold.

He's said this more than once. And, to be honest, he's right.

Quote Originally Posted by Craaazyyy View Post
    95% of shit in legion is easy as fuck.. thats the point
    But blizzard added a super extra hard mode to all the bosses so its ok that i can one shot 15 mobs at a time.
    "Those who dance appear insane to those who can't hear the music." ~~ George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by Slashnox View Post
    Ok so I don't think "you fucking dipshit" is necessary here for 2 reasons:

1) He has repeatadly said how easy Classic WoW will be with 2017 players and how bad players were back then. Everything will get 1-shot on day 1.

2) He is not saying the boss mechanics in Legion are easy, over the last 12 years boss mechanics have gotten increasingly more difficult to compensate for the players becoming better and getting better addons. What he means with "legion = ez mode" is that things weren't handed to you on a silver platter in Classic WoW. You had to grind and every single thing took so fucking long to earn. Just getting into the raid required you to get attunded first, find players to go with you and actually walk all the way there.
    I agree with the OP here.

Legion = ez Mode?

So angry. I don't think anyone is actually saying the encounters were harder... the experience took more effort due to preparation.. and that made it more rewarding.

Now you can simply gear up an alt with drops from rares and chests and jump right into raids. THAT is EZ mode. Todays wow isn't much more than a lobby with a queue to encounters. It is a JOKE because that takes away ANY MMORPG aspects and replaces it with instant gratification.

I know, you are badass because you killed boss X on Mythic. No.. you are badass because you logged in for a few hours a week and got your welfare legendaries until you were geared enough to overcome Boxx X Mythic's healthpool. Good for you... but Yuck! You can have that.

Truth is.. most people saying they don;t have time like "no lifers from vanilla" do... probably spend as much time or more grinding AP, legendaries, and Mythic+ dungeons so they can overcome the healthpools of "challenging bosses"... than Classic players spent farming shards, mats, consumables, etc.

It just comes down to what you enjoy doing to get there. Classic people enjoy the game outside of raiding as much as raiding... current people think the "game" is just a hassle in their way of spamming pewpew and loot in endgame.

I truly hope those people try classic and learn what the GAME is really about.

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post

I agree with the first part 100%.

And the second part would be the ideal scenario yes. Just release Classic with patch 1.12 and gated content.