Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Slashnox View Post
    "You can't let people vote. Mob rule? The mob is stupid. They don't know anything. Small changes turn into big changes."
    While Asmongold can most definitly be a prick sometimes he's not wrong on this. Mob rule never works, and I think social media is showing the same tendencies since a few years back. Everyone finally has a voice, and there are considerably more stupid people than there are smart people in the world!

Omg guys a small percentage of the wow community will reach max level and omg, let me catch my breath, they will also probably clear the first raid on the day it's released. It's such an easy game guys even though I'll probably still be struggling to reach max level by the time all of that happens. This is the worst type of argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    Omg guys a small percentage of the wow community will reach max level and omg, let me catch my breath, they will also probably clear the first raid on the day it's released. It's such an easy game guys even though I'll probably still be struggling to reach max level by the time all of that happens. This is the worst type of argument.
    That's what happens on Blizzlike private servers, so... It's funny how you lot are banking SO HARD on "most will struggle to reach max level", as though hundreds of thousands of mouthbreathers didn't reach max level just fine in Classic both back then and now...

Catch your breath, no need to screech.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    That's what happens on Blizzlike private servers, so...

Catch your breath, no need to screech.
    Which has fuck all to do with your progress but to hell with yours right because some other guy makes the game look easy

Why change anything? Experience it for what it was. This is the whole purpose — not to add stuff or fix it (class changes I wouldn't mind, but eh).

I'm a BC baby (started slightly after it's release), so I only have a small taste. While I've only learned about 60 end-game/leveling experience over the many years and tried out a private server for a little bit of time, I'm actually looking forward to experiencing it with Blizzard. I told myself if Blizzard does it, then I'll play it and I'm always up for challenging content, which this game currently lacks. Anyway, I don't support private servers at all, but the concept of having old stuff around, I do. I like going back and playing BF1942 (Desert Combat) when I get a minute, over the new BFs, for example. (How much I've missed you Darkshore run.)

Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    Which has fuck all to do with your progress but to hell with yours right because some other guy makes the game look easy
    I've reached 60, will be reaching 60 on the official server as well. I'm by no means a high end gamer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Nor did I say Legion was full on hard.

And Heroic isn't hard? Working your way upto Gladiator isn't hard or whatever the RBG equivalent is these days? (PvP isn't my strong suit) There is plenty of what could be considered difficult content in the current game.

Classic had it's own form of difficulty just as Legion does.

Classic had it's own form of ease just as Legion does.
    I never said that you specifically implied that Legion was hard, I was trying to specify that while Legion has as said some parts that are difficult, Vanilla on the other hand was more of an uphill struggle the entire way and was a lot more rewarding for it.

Classic never really had easy parts, unless you were a really good rogue, in that case most PvP was easy as balls.
    But I definitely wouldn't say that heroic raiding is hard but that is very subjective, I mean hell I'm clearing heroic each week on a new shaman that only has scrappy Argus gear and whatnot since most of the mechanics are quite easy. Gladiator can be hard or easy, depending on experience/composition. Same with RBG.

Those are still very minute parts of the game that have the potential to be challenging, and usually doesn't last for long at all. Vanilla had this consistent sense of danger inherently when just leveling even, knowing that if you pulled more than 2 or so mobs you would just get crushed into the ground. Having to constantly monitor your mana and health and choosing each keypress to make sure you're getting out of the fight with as much resource as you possibly can.
    The main thing is that this constant lethality and outright limitations on the player characters brought with an immersion that is definitely missing from WoW today. WoW nowadays is more of an MMO hack and slash, while Vanilla was mmo-RPG with more of an emphasis on RPG. An emphasis on the world around you and the path you take through it.

Deleted
    Streamer fanbois ...

I really, really wonder that people who are all living in democracies are so astonishingly unable to accept other peoples opinions that are not their owns.
    Western society failed in educating people about freedom of speech and opinions.

It is really concerning how many people try to silence others for their opinion rather than arguing against it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Talime View Post
    Streamer fanbois ...

I really, really wonder that people who are all living in democracies are so astonishingly unable to accept other peoples opinions that are not their owns.
    Western society failed in educating people about freedom of speech and opinions.

It is really concerning how many people try to silence others for their opinion rather than arguing against it.
    It's less about education and more about human limitations.
    We're just inherently inclined to shut down anything we don't agree with, and it takes most people a conscious effort to actually evaluate what is being said and see if they agree with it or not, or try to give a coherent counterargument.

Quote Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
    The main thing is that this constant lethality and outright limitations on the player characters brought with an immersion that is definitely missing from WoW today. WoW nowadays is more of an MMO hack and slash, while Vanilla was mmo-RPG with more of an emphasis on RPG. An emphasis on the world around you and the path you take through it.
    Constant lethality... Um, yeah, players with so little spatial awareness that they keep dying to questing mobs, are not exactly the best gauge of what constitutes a challenging game.

And there's Legion with all that focus on RPG and the world, not even allowing us to outlevel it and adding entire quest zones serving no other purpose than to tell a story and make you discover a world...
    I feel for all the people unable to spot the forest for but trees, but it's getting tiresome seeing people claim time and time again that the game "is no longer X" when it so clearly is to millions of players...

-
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2017-11-16 at 03:51 PM.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slashnox View Post
    https://youtu.be/GO6lx09c56w?t=26

"You can't let people vote. Mob rule? The mob is stupid. They don't know anything. Small changes turn into big changes."

"There are some changes, some things that happened within Vanilla, those are reasonable, those can be discussed."
    There's a reason why Blizzard doesn't even give him attention. We shouldn't either. He's upset right now because modern day Blizzard doesn't value his opinion, and my opinion, and any other fairly average to above average Mythic raiders' opinion, more than the other 97% of the playerbase anymore. So he's afraid that rather than make any changes that cater to us, they're going to make changes that are better for the rest of the playerbase. Poor Asmongold, so sad!

The "mob" is stupid, because the "mob" isn't him and his guildies and such. He's also a little salty that Blizzard didn't see things his way on almost all of the legion systems. Sorry but times have changed and it doesn't make much business sense to listen to us and balance for us anymore, we might bitch and whine but we're not going anywhere, we're stuck here because nothing else offers PvE that's an acceptable level for us.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    There's a reason why Blizzard doesn't even give him attention. We shouldn't either. He's upset right now because modern day Blizzard doesn't value his opinion, and my opinion, and any other fairly average to above average Mythic raiders' opinion, more than the other 97% of the playerbase anymore. So he's afraid that rather than make any changes that cater to us, they're going to make changes that are better for the rest of the playerbase. Poor Asmongold, so sad!

The "mob" is stupid, because the "mob" isn't him and his guildies and such. He's also a little salty that Blizzard didn't see things his way on almost all of the legion systems. Sorry but times have changed and it doesn't make much business sense to listen to us and balance for us anymore, we might bitch and whine but we're not going anywhere, we're stuck here because nothing else offers PvE that's an acceptable level for us.
    Cool story bro, but did you know that Blizzard actually told him beforehand that classic was going to be announced? Guess whos opinion they will be listening the most when they ask for community feedback, hardcore wow nerds like him or Billy Jenkins who posts his single line response on a forum.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

I have to agree with him. Hopefully, he uses his position in the wow community to advocate for no changes.

Quote Originally Posted by skannerz22 View Post
    he is right
    look at my own poll
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...at-people-want

people are whining at me for not having a 3rd poll option that includes tons of bug fixes
    they're complaining that i only had the 2 extreme opposites

all it starts with is "bug fixes" then blizzard is like "should we add this to fix this" "oh lets add this it's better than that" then it ends up with people complaining "this is not vanilla wow #unsub"
    That's because the vanilla classic people will not be able to agree on everything. Some of them will just have to deal with stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Constant lethality... Um, yeah, players with so little spatial awareness that they keep dying to questing mobs, are not exactly the best gauge of what constitutes a challenging game.

And there's Legion with all that focus on RPG and the world, not even allowing us to outlevel it and adding entire quest zones serving no other purpose than to tell a story and make you discover a world...
    I feel for all the people unable to spot the forest for but trees, but it's getting tiresome seeing people claim time and time again that the game "is no longer X" when it so clearly is...

-
    It's less about spacial awareness, more about how absolutely brutalized you could get by just normal quest mobs.

Secondly, not being able to outlevel =/= hard game. You end up two shotting every mob in Legion with just random world quest gear and a few relinquished pieces.
    Excluding Argus of course because of elites, but that's when you have the trusty mech that just two shots it for you. :^)

It's almost like the game is completely different when you have things that just trivializes anything outside of heroic raids for you compared to a game where you could get your asshole annihilated by a renegade murloc if it spawned while you were drinking for mana.

Hes clearly trolling. Hes farming transmog and mounts while talking about why they are bad things for classic lol.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arainie View Post
    While Asmongold can most definitly be a prick sometimes he's not wrong on this. Mob rule never works, and I think social media is showing the same tendencies since a few years back. Everyone finally has a voice, and there are considerably more stupid people than there are smart people in the world!
    Not really, you just notice opinions that disagree with yours more than those that are in line with yours especially on subjects that are important to you. You go into a Facebook discussion for a subject you're passionate about and you see other people passionate about it with different views and those stand out to you more than the people who agree with you. We're also more inclined to believe that opinions different from our own are "stupid" rather than understanding that people just have a different perspective. The same people who we think are stupid probably believe that we are also.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    Hes clearly trolling. Hes farming transmog and mounts while talking about why they are bad things for classic lol.
    And?
    I farm trasnmog on retail and i think its the worst idea in the world to implement it in classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Sadpants View Post
    The slippery slope argument is a fallacies for a good reason. As an example, demanding that the exact same client is used is irrational nostalgia and has no bearing on what made vanilla attractive.
    If the "same client" has no bearing on what makes it attractive, then blizzard can't be blamed in any way for any current or past players dislike of the game in any way.
    It was a combination of things, and one which blizzard never created, and never can was the community.
    The desire of a player to actually take time away from what they were doing, to help someone else, and to do so without expectation or demand of reward.

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    What is bad for clasic need not be bad for the current game.
    So many items of equipment which would have no relevance beyond disenchanting or vendoring were it not for transmog.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2017-11-16 at 04:03 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    Cool story bro, but did you know that Blizzard actually told him beforehand that classic was going to be announced? Guess whos opinion they will be listening the most when they ask for community feedback, hardcore wow nerds like him or Billy Jenkins who posts his single line response on a forum.
    They're not going to listen to him for shit. I don't doubt that he has a friend at Blizzard, but the people who make the decisions don't listen to him. They didn't listen to ANY of his whines about Legion and they're not going to listen to any of his whines about Vanilla. There's a reason why obscure theorycrafters and random pet battle people get more attention from Blizzard than he does. He's toxic, he whines, and he's wrong 90% of the time. But hey keep idolizing a guy that has a room filled with moldy soda cups.

You're not understanding that it's all about the money. It makes more sense to cater to and listen to Billy than it does to someone like Asmongold. His views are not a representation of the average player or the average raider, they're the views of someone that's part of an extremely small but extremely vocal minority in WoW.