Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

People leaving mythic+ groups

Healer here. I was just in a mythic HoV +12 group and we wiped a couple times on last boss (due to dps not interrupting surge) and the tank went offline. This same thing happened to me last week, another +12 run on the last boss. Why do people do this? Blizzard needs to give these people a 1 day debuff at the very least. What makes it all the worse is two things: a) healing can be very intensive and a lot of work compared to the job of a dps. I also cc, and dps where I can. b) I am lucky if I have the time to devote to one of these runs. I don't raid because I don't have the time to raid. So it's especially sucks when this happens. /rant
    Last edited by Evelyn; 2017-11-27 at 11:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Evelyn View Post
    Healer here. I was just in a mythic +12 group and we wiped a couple times on last boss and the tank went offline. This same thing happened to me last week, another +12 run on the last boss. Why do people do this? Blizzard needs to give these people a 1 day debuff at the very least. What makes it all the worse is two things: 1) healing can be very intensive and a lot of work compared to the job of a dps. I also cc, and dps where I can. 2) I am lucky if I have the time to devote to one of these runs. I don't raid because I don't have the time to raid. So it's really sucks when this happens. /rant
    There is no way to police it. What if the tank had a power outage for a few minutes and now can't do m+. I agree that it is frustrating, but there is absolutely no clean way to penalize fairly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard wants people to play the game. Getting a 24 hour debuff isn't fun. The debuff will be more likely to encourage players not to log in for 24hours than to not leave a failing group. Blizzard would rather the community be large and leave a group when it isn't fun anymore, then make the game not fun when they leave a group and not play for 24 hours.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    If people don't see a meaningful gain from one attempt to the next some will just cut their losses and not waste anyone else's time.

My thought is that if you're the one CCing on a 12+, as a healer, there likely wasn't any progression from one final boss attempt to the next. Your dps was likely holding you back.

Deleted
    Could be a debuff that doesnt stop you doing mythic+ but lets other players know.

Like a "friendly fire" tag in other games, warns others that previously you have left M+ before completion.

Caveat to that being its only applies to the 1st person who leaves, obviously after that the remaining members of the M+ group can leave without penalty

Yes, there will be people who will just dump a group without good reason.
    The problem with any sort of penalty though is the lack of absolute certainty as to the reason.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2017-11-16 at 04:17 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CerealLord View Post
    There is no way to police it. What if the tank had a power outage for a few minutes and now can't do m+. I agree that it is frustrating, but there is absolutely no clean way to penalize fairly.
    in teamspeak for example you can see if someone disconnects by there own or if he lost connection so i guess its possible to see how the player left or disconnected

Quote Originally Posted by Reape View Post
    Could be a debuff that doesnt stop you doing mythic+ but lets other players know.

Like a "friendly fire" tag in other games, warns others that previously you have left M+ before completion.

Caveat to that being its only applies to the 1st person who leaves, obviously after that the remaining members of the M+ group can leave without penalty
    Same idea. What happens if they disconnect? Now they can't get into m+ because you know no one will invite someone with that scarlet letter

Get a UPS unit.

Quote Originally Posted by Spaze View Post
    in teamspeak for example you can see if someone disconnects by there own or if he lost connection so i guess its possible to see how the player left or disconnected
    Now, this is possible. I don't do very high m+ and if I do it is with guilds, but is it common for pugs to all get in TS? Normally its just get in group and go.

10+ Year Old Account
    So what if I just reach down and pull out the lan cord? Suddenly I "disconnected" instead of left of my own accord.

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    Get a UPS unit.
    Yes. We should all have to buy UPS units to avoid being debuffed in WoW /s

No, because in my case I have Powerline Networking which has a habit of crashing and disconnecting.
    That would appear to be a disconnect instigated from my side.
    Wireless hasn't been entirely reliable either.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

This is just naive...

If you turn off your router, no software on earth can see how you left...

That's true, but we did wait, so if it was a power outage, it was incredibly convenient. Still, last week people just left. Nobody went offline.

Is there no way to penalize someone who goes offline but doesn't come back within in 5 minutes? This would allow for d/c to come back. If on the very low chance of a power outage, yes the debuff would suck, but they might not even get their power back for a day.

If not, I would compromise and say then at least penalize the first person to leave. How is that not fair?

Healer here. I was just in a mythic +12 group and we wiped a couple times on last boss and the tank went offline. This same thing happened to me last week, another +12 run on the last boss. Why do people do this? Blizzard needs to give these people a 1 day debuff at the very least. What makes it all the worse is two things: a) healing can be very intensive and a lot of work compared to the job of a dps. I also cc, and dps where I can. b) I am lucky if I have the time to devote to one of these runs. I don't raid because I don't have the time to raid. So it's really sucks when this happens. /rant
    What happened? A wipe is not just dying of old age. Someone fucked up. Did the tank fuck up and shamequit? Did stupid tunnel dps stand in shit and therefore do not deserve to even finish the instance?

BTW, healing is the easiest job. If it's hell, it means your group is shit. When you heal in a group of decent players (because decent is doing everything right) you barely have to heal anything, that's why healers in high M+ groups surprisingly have a lot of dmg, they don't just push it and decide to not heal, they simply don't have to heal cuz their DPS are not mentally challenged so they use this free time to do dmg instead of healing nothing.

This is a really good idea, but if it was like that, they should received the debuff for the remainder of the week imo.
    Last edited by Evelyn; 2017-11-16 at 05:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    No, because in my case I have Powerline Networking which has a habit of crashing and disconnecting.
    That would appear to be a disconnect instigated from my side.
    Wireless hasn't been entirely reliable either.
    I have powerline too and no problem at all which type to you use?

And the rest of you, you are right didn't think about the pull the ethernet my fault

Should also be counted as % of m+ left rather than amount

I have a high amount of m+ left as I often have internet outages,however I do a lot of m+ so it's only a very small portion(around 2%)
    Someone who left 10 m+ out of the 50 they did should be punished more than someone who left 10 m+ out of the 500 they did

That's true, but we did wait, so if it was a power outage, it was incredibly convenient. Still, last week people just left. Nobody went offline.

Is there no way to penalize someone who goes offline but doesn't come back within in 5 minutes? This would allow for d/c to come back. If on the very low chance of a power outage, yes the debuff would suck, but they might not even get their power back for a day.

If not, I would compromise and say then at least penalize the first person to leave. How is that not fair?
    The shitstorm it would cause would be crazy. Say I had to run my daughter to the ER and had to drop group. We are all said and done 12-13 hours later and I want to play to wind down but cannot. I understand my actions inconvenienced 4 others, but it would be a major headache for Blizzard to try and come up with fair rules that account for all situations.

In your case, I'm not saying he had a power outage. I'm sure they left especially because of wipes, but there is no way to definitively prove that.