Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Ah, here we see an example of the hypocritical right wing of the political spectrum who always cries for freedom of speech, attempting to limit freedom of speech.

And no, I ain't saying the left hasn't got issues, but it's the right that always whines about oppressed opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by slaskel View Post
    Ah, here we see an example of the hypocritical right wing of the political spectrum who always cries for freedom of speech, attempting to limit freedom of speech.

And no, I ain't saying the left hasn't got issues, but it's the right that always whines about oppressed opinions.
    I don't agree with the right, but one dumb sheriff doesn't represent the entire right wing.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Amazing you can be Sheriff and not know the law. To think this is worth his time instead of actual police-work... oh wait he might not know what that is smh.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

All this butthurt over voting for Trump. Didn't see a lot of people overreacting like yelling at the sky when Obama was voted in. Sure there were minor protests but those died a few weeks.

This is just a headache for lots of people, and seven more years of butthurt for anti-Trump folks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Claws View Post
    All this butthurt over voting for Trump. Didn't see a lot of people overreacting like yelling at the sky when Obama was voted in. Sure there were minor protests but those died a few weeks.

This is just a headache for lots of people, and seven more years of butthurt for anti-Trump folks.
    Pretty sure I was seeing raging anti Obama shit here until he was out of office.

being anti president until the president is out of office is nothing new. He just eggs it on vs other presidents ignoring it.

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    He just eggs it on vs other presidents ignoring it.
    Fair point. Now if you'll excuse me, I'll see myself out of this topic because MMO-C is too lefty for my tastes sometimes.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's an old episode of Top Gear where the 3 are driving through america, and they all had trolling messages on their cars. One had Im a Hillary supporter, another said something about being gay, and I forgot the 3rd. Was hilarious.
    Think the 3rd one was about Nascar.

And yeah, it was quite hilarious. I hope it was staged, though. Hurts my brain thinking people like those hillbillies exist.

Fuck, it seems it actually might have been real.
    Last edited by Santti; 2017-11-16 at 06:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Exactly. Free Speech at work. And there is nothing a government entity can do about it.
    Except he's dissing the Trump. Free speech is for Patriots, Confederates, and Nazis, not terrorists.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Echoherb View Post
    I don't agree with the right, but one dumb sheriff doesn't represent the entire right wing.
    Well when some feminist in Sweden says that milk is symbol of hate speech, you'll find several threads on MMOC from our favourite alt righters labeled "Sweden classes milk as nazi symbol"

But yeah, you're right ofc.

There's an old episode of Top Gear where the 3 are driving through america, and they all had trolling messages on their cars. One had Im a Hillary supporter, another said something about being gay, and I forgot the 3rd. Was hilarious.
    I mean, I don't support vandalism, but shit happens.

Remember when dudes were getting punched out for having confederate flags on their cars.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    I mean, I don't support vandalism, but shit happens.

Remember when dudes were getting punched out for having confederate flags on their cars.
    I don't support that either.

Now if they had it on their cars, blaring Dixie, and were verbally harassing black people all day... that's where cops should put a stop to it.

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Depends on what kind of judge/jury they get.

Fighting words aren't protected speech. In the US fighting words are described as words that, "by their very utterance, inflict injury or tend to incite an immediate breach of the peace."

The higher courts probably wouldn't agree, but a local judge/jury definitely could accept that argument.
    that bumper sticker falls nowhere near the "incitement" exception of free speech. Free speech is nigh absolute in the U.S.The bar for rare exceptions is set very very high indeed. Thank God for the 1A.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    I have no issue with the message, but the fact it says Fuck in it, in public, where anyone can see it is a problem.

- - - Updated - - -

That's not really ok either. But at least it's more clever.
    No it isn't fucking clever it's racist and dumb as fuck.

- - - Updated - - -

Just bought my New Ford F150 2017 and I would love to put this shit on my truck, except I am not going to because I don't believe in putting shit like this on any vehicle.

That being said this cop is a fucking dipshit, I don't blame him totally because I am sure this is mostly the single digits that live where he does that are outraged supporting this shit.

All the same as much as i dislike this cop and these inbred morons, I have say putting this kind of dumb shit on your car regardless to who you are trying to offend is fucking stupid.

Look I am all for people expressing themselves and taking on whatever consequences and reactions they get. But yeah this right here is fanning the flames so I can see it being a problem.

Is it fair? Fuck NO

But if it keeps someone from being killed, or civil unrest should it be encouraged to be taken down in that community? YES

Sometimes you have to pick your battles, if not or they don't want to, I salute them, but there is a price to being a bad ass.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    No it isn't fucking clever it's racist and dumb as fuck.

- - - Updated - - -

Just bought my New Ford F150 2017 and I would love to put this shit on my truck, except I am not going to because I don't believe in putting shit like this on any vehicle.

That being said this cop is a fucking dipshit, I don't blame him totally because I am sure this is mostly the single digits that live where he does that are outraged supporting this shit.

All the same as much as i dislike this cop and these inbred morons, I have say putting this kind of dumb shit on your car regardless to who you are trying to offend is fucking stupid.

Look I am all for people expressing themselves and taking on whatever consequences and reactions they get. But yeah this right here is fanning the flames so I can see it being a problem.

Is it fair? Fuck NO

But if it keeps someone from being killed, or civil unrest should it be encouraged to be taken down in that community? YES

Sometimes you have to pick your battles, if not or they don't want to, I salute them, but there is a price to being a bad ass.
    Being more clever than Fuck Trump, and Fuck you too, isn't that difficult. And most morons think renege is spelt renig or re-nig anyway. I'm not saying either or is MENSA candidate level stuff here. But in the long run a bumper sticker that says re-nig on it is going to go over 99% of people's heads.
    This Fuck xyz bumper sticker is just plain obscene. Well they are both obscene, but I don't need to explain to kids one because the other is going to be lost on them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    Being more clever than Fuck Trump, and Fuck you too, isn't that difficult. And most morons think renege is spelt renig or re-nig anyway. I'm not saying either or is MENSA candidate level stuff here. But in the long run a bumper sticker that says re-nig on it is going to go over 99% of people's heads.
    This Fuck xyz bumper sticker is just plain obscene.
    It isn't always supposed to be clever especially when it isn't meant to be, "Don't re-nig" isn't clever, and it is trying to, which is why I said it is only clever if you are a single digit I.Q fan of saying that kind of shit.

Fuck XYZ is straight to the point and transparent, which is why it's actually clever. Stupid if a person doesn't anticipate the a busted windshield but overall really, this is why grown ups generally don't put any of this bullshit on their vehicles
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

From what I understand thanks to r/Texas, Sherriff Nehls is considering a run for Congress and put a link to his pre-campaign site on his Facebook comment.

This sticker has also been on the truck for over a year, so yeah, it's just getting political brownie points from knee-jerk Trump-fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    It isn't always supposed to be clever especially when it isn't meant to be, "Don't re-nig" isn't clever, and it is trying to, which is why I said it is only clever if you are a single digit I.Q fan of saying that kind of shit.

Fuck XYZ is straight to the point and transparent, which is why it's actually clever. Stupid if a person doesn't anticipate the a busted windshield but overall really, this is why grown ups generally don't put any of this bullshit on their vehicles
    Like I said, I'm not saying either or is a grand level slick. As you said, Fuck XYZ is stupid because it just incites or vexes for multiple reasons. The "Re-nig" bumper sticker is lost on most people. Fuck XYZ is more likely to get your windshield smashed in. I still occasionally see cars with versions of the Re-nig bumper sticker. Less people give a shit or figure it's hiding its outright biased, racist nature enough.

In general I think all bumper stickers are a fucking eye-sore. Some people manage to do them in interesting ways, which I don't mind so much, at least it requires effort and looks better:

I don't mind those, I would never personally do it to my car, but it's not a eye-sore either and easy to remove.

Political bumper stickers are just tacky, the only thing more tacky than political bumper stickers are truck nuts.

I think I've actually seen that guy driving around before lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    We have had multiple threads of white people complaining that black people were offended over some racist thing some white person said.
    Here we have a thread of white people offended over something some racist black person said.
    The key difference is that the white people in this thread aren't being told "shut up stop being offended get over it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post
    From what I understand thanks to r/Texas, Sherriff Nehls is considering a run for Congress and put a link to his pre-campaign site on his Facebook comment.

This sticker has also been on the truck for over a year, so yeah, it's just getting political brownie points from knee-jerk Trump-fans.
    well, good luck with that. District 22 is currently being held by Pete Olsen since 2008, and incumbents are hard to move out

Although its odd. County went Hillary but then put Olsen, a Repub, back in. I suppose maybe a good chunk of the Hillarite in the area were never trumpers, but Olsen, form what I saw, is a bit nutty.
    Last edited by Crissi; 2017-11-16 at 09:25 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Sheriff is an Idiot. Though remember how many Lefties got absolutely colonpained when people would say fuck Obama? Another situation in the ever ending struggle of "stop being idiots, regardless of which side you are on"