Page 1 of 14
... LastLast
    Deleted

Why are you so hyped?

Why.

Tell me. Inspire me.

Why do yo go back and not forward? Why would the human mind say no to QoLs changes over 13 years created for the major audience?

Why is this so great?

Say something.

Deleted
    Because I want to climb to the top of Ironforge mountain without a flying mount, and by wall jumping.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strifeload View Post
    Why do yo go back and not forward?
    Because it's a completely different experience. Have you never gone back and played an old game in your library?Starcraft 1, Warcraft 3? Halo 1-3? Old great Zelda games like Ocarina of Time and Windwaker?

People play old games all the time and no one bats an eye, but as soon as someone wants to go play old WoW everyone loses their minds.

So why don't you tell US why it's not ok to want to play old WoW when it's considered perfectly acceptable to play old versions of basically every other game ever?

Why would the human mind say no to QoLs changes over 13 years created for the major audience?
    Because not all QoL changes were for the better? You may like them, and that's fine, but you don't get to tell us we aren't allowed to dislike them.

Most QoL changes contributed to destroying server communities (crossrealm, LFD/R), and made the world feel small and insignificant (flying)... The Legion prune of class abilities ("bloat", as blizzard called them) was also touted as a QoL change, was that good? Fuck no it wasn't.

Say something.
    people have been, for years, and are constantly in the many other threads on this topic, do you not read?
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2017-11-16 at 10:51 PM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

7+ Year Old Account
    Why.

Tell me. Inspire me.

Why do yo go back and not forward? Why would the human mind say no to QoLs changes over 13 years created for the major audience?

Why is this so great?

Say something.
    Because vanilla is a mmorpg. Legion/bfa isnt.
    Last edited by HordeFanboy; 2017-11-16 at 11:07 PM.
    Legion is the worst expansion
    BFA=Blizzard Failed Again
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment..._google_trend/

Let me anwer you as someone who enjoys the hell out of Legion and generally loves WoW as it is today.

Because I want to experience the game as it was back then, or as close to that state as possible. I'm still gonna play the current wow and probably prioritize it. I don't see it as a war between the two. Wow is a great game in general, each expansion had some unique charm to it, and the newest version will always be the main one for me. I'd love to play classic/vanilla though.

Live and let live. If you're not interested, just ignore the issue and move on.

I want to be part of a real server community, a world that feels alive and a game that's actually hard. The kind of hard where you inspect somebody outside the AH in Ironforge and it actually motivates you to grind harder and to spend more time getting better. Because things aren't 1 click away, they're not handed to you on a silver platter. It requires work.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Let me anwer you as someone who enjoys the hell out of Legion and generally loves WoW as it is today.

Because I want to experience the game as it was back then, or as close to that state as possible. I'm still gonna play the current wow and probably prioritize it. I don't see it as a war between the two. Wow is a great game in general, each expansion had some unique charm to it, and the newest version will always be the main one for me. I'd love to play classic/vanilla though.

Live and let live. If you're not interested, just ignore the issue and move on.
    /10 chars.

I'm hyped to clear the content and make my signature. Not more hyped than I am for new content and new experiences with the people I play this game with coming in Antorus and BfA though.

Quote Originally Posted by Slashnox View Post
    I want to be part of a real server community, a world that feels alive and a game that's actually hard. The kind of hard where you inspect somebody outside the AH in Ironforge and it actually motivates you to grind harder and to spend more time getting better. Because things aren't 1 click away, they're not handed to you on a silver platter. It requires work.
    Plz, tell me where I can get fully optimized Mythic gear on a silver platter, I needs it...
    I'd also love to know where just 1 click can grant me everything I covet in this game...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post

Plz, tell me where I can get fully optimized Mythic gear on a silver platter, I needs it...
    I'd also love to know where just 1 click can grant me everything I covet in this game...
    Mythic gear is just a tool to clear more raids, there is no community and no one else gives a fuck that you have it. Which may well be fine by you.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am hyped for the leveling experience to matter again. I just leveled to 110. It took less than ten hours and I wasn't really trying.
    I am hyped to play with a stable server community. I don't think I've seen the same person twice since I started playing retail again a couple weeks ago.
    I am hyped for a social experience again. Unless you are looking to do the highest end content, there's no reason to form relationships or talk to anyone in this game. I might as well be playing with bots.
    I am hyped to customize my character. Every hunter I see is virtually identical to mine.
    I am hyped for world PvP to be a thing again. Its been damn near QoL'd right out of the game.
    I could go on. Blizzard did some stuff well in retail, but the game's soul is long gone. I am hyped to see it again.

Quote Originally Posted by duannyboy View Post
    Mythic gear is just a tool to clear more raids, there is no community and no one else gives a fuck that you have it. Which may well be fine by you.
    Gear was always a tool to clear more raids
    There is a community and a lot of people very much do care about what other players get in terms of rewards. Same as always, some care and some couldn't care less. Transmog adding another layer of customization is also a fact, I regularly get players asking me where I got my bow transmog from.

Deleted
    Why.

Tell me. Inspire me.

Why is this so great?

Say something.

Forward? This game, WoW Live, that masquerades as a MMO is your idea of forward? This instance heavy, actiony aoe spamfest is your definition of a MMO that has gone forward?

The choice is not back and forward, its back or into the ditch.

Why do people like adversity? Why do people who work all week enjoy the weekend far more than those who do nothing? Why does food taste better if you havent eaten anything all day? Why does diminishing returns apply to real life?

QoL makes you enjoy your conquest less. Its why Souls games are so much more satisfying than say, Assassin Creed. Where its actually difficult to fail.

Why do you need to be inspired, when the perfect game is right there for you? Because you dont enjoy Live. Its not fun. There is no sense of accomplishment. The only accomplishment in Legion is relief, when you get the "right" legendary. Nothing else even means anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just wanna explore the world, do some quests, meet some peeps, do some lulz

Quote Originally Posted by time0ut View Post
    I am hyped to customize my character. Every hunter I see is virtually identical to mine.
    As opposed to in Classic where transmogging and barbershop and artifact tints from various sources truly allowed players to cu... oh wait...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Into View Post
    Nothing else even means anything.
    Says you.

Willing to bet that the millions of people choosing to spend their time on Live, would beg to differ. I'm also willing to bet that a fair share of people would consider anything happening on Classic servers to not matter worth shit seeing as how the game is locked and there's a ceiling to how far you can progress.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by fotmyo View Post
    Current WoW isn't a real MMO anymore, it's Multiplayer Diablo
    Kek, this statement never gets any less retarded.

10+ Year Old Account
    As opposed to in Classic where transmogging and barbershop and artifact tints from various sources truly allowed players to cu... oh wait...
    Not talking about cosmetics. Dont gaf about those.

I love Legion and modern WoW. When Classic comes out, I'm sure I'll still play retail more.

Classic isn't just some regression into a world where QoL didn't exist. It's an entirely different game and paradigm, with entirely different design and gameplay goals. In its goals, which are completely different from those of Legion/BfA, it excels. It's worth getting hyped about.

Not talking about cosmetics. Dont gaf about those.

Ah, guessing you're talking about "talent builds" then...?
    Welp, a whole lot of players "looking the exact same" on Classic servers these days thanks to optimization-thinking. Although I always considered "looking the same" to be about what the character looks like in appearance...

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah, guessing you're talking about "talent builds" then...?
    Welp, a whole lot of players "looking the exact same" on Classic servers these days thanks to optimization-thinking. Although I always considered "looking the same" to be about what the character looks like in appearance...
    I didn't say looked the same. But w/e.

I didn't say looked the same. But w/e.
    ... So what then does "identical to mine" refer to?

10+ Year Old Account
    Seriously, dont you wanna go and experience the full glory of Barrens Chat™ with current year memes? Thats a no brainer!

But on a serious note, I wanna experience what was the war effort as I never took part of it, I wanna explore the old world once more, feel the excitement of getting an epic mount or any epic item... there is so much more!
    [/URL]