10+ Year Old Account
    I thought I misheard, but apparently I wasn't alone... https://twitter.com/PLeonardNYDN/sta...77274930302981

Dilly Dilly!

10+ Year Old Account
    D i l l y

i

l

l

y

inb4 infraction or something. Have mercy!

10+ Year Old Account
    Radio guy for the Patriots just now on twitter: "Blake Bortles just won the South. Let that sink in."

I mean, errr, wow. He very likely did.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Radio guy for the Patriots just now on twitter: "Blake Bortles just won the South. Let that sink in."

I mean there's still 7 weeks.

What's their schedule?

Browns, Cards, Colts, Hawks*, Texans, 49ers, Titans*

* games that may be close. Holy hell their schedule is easy.

What the hell kind of schedule is that, even?

Our remaining schedule:

Chargers, Chiefs, Patriots, Miami, Colts, Patriots, Miami.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well yeah, he did. With arguably the best defense in the league and one of the best backs there is. Still a lot of football left, but Sacksonville should feast on every team in their division this year.

I don't like our remaining schedule. Falcons without Kam or Brown sounds awful. 49ers is a division rival, even if they're in rebuild mode still. Back home to face the Eagles then play a 10am game at Jaguars. Go home to face the Rams then go face the Cowboys right when zeke comes back from suspension. Cap it off with Cardinals at home.

Hoping for 5-2 or 4-3, can easily see 3-4 or worse though depending on who else gets injuried.

Mariota threw another pick.
    Last edited by MAGAmobile; 2017-11-17 at 04:47 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    a 4th intercept. Good lawd. Just forfeit. This will have horrible impact on mentality.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    What the hell kind of schedule is that, even?

Our remaining schedule:

Chargers, Chiefs, Patriots, Miami, Colts, Patriots, Miami.
    Yep. We got Hawks, Bucs, Vikings, Saints, Bucs, Saints, Panthers. We have literally one of THE hardest remaining schedules. Fuck me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crackleslap View Post
    a 4th intercept. Good lawd. Just forfeit. This will have horrible impact on mentality.
    No mercy rule in football. See also: Patriots 59 - Titans 0 in 2009, in the snow.

Nah, the Jags are leading the south. Teams win games, not QBs.

It also might not even matter who wins the division because both teams will very likely be playing on wild card weekend regardless. That is unless some bad team flips a switch and starts winning.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crackleslap View Post
    Yep. We got Hawks, Bucs, Vikings, Saints, Bucs, Saints, Panthers. We have literally one of THE hardest remaining schedules. Fuck me.
    You have the same problem that the Broncos had last year. If you can manage to get to the playoffs playing through that schedule, then you likely also can go far. But, going to be hard as nails.

10+ Year Old Account
    Steelers aren't even that good this year, but they don't need to be the way the division, and the AFC as a whole, turned out. Their eighth win tonight will probably be enough to win the division, so its just seeding from here on out.

10+ Year Old Account
    No mercy rule in football. See also: Patriots 59 - Titans 0 in 2009, in the snow.
    I know there's not! It's just bad (how the Titans played)! XD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    Nah, the Jags are leading the south. Teams win games, not QBs.

It also might not even matter who wins the division because both teams will very likely be playing on wild card weekend regardless. That is unless some bad team flips a switch and starts winning.
    I think he meant more "Blake Bortles was the starting QB for a team that is going to win their division. Let that sink in."

Bortles was widely panned this offseason. Written off, questioned if he would even be on the team or be cut during training camp. Managed not only to stay on the team, but keep starting and then somehow (largely despite of him) his team manages to probably win their division.

Bortles makes Trent Dilfer look like Peyton Manning. Yet, here we are.

It would not surprise me at all if a 6-10 or 7-9 team gets a wildcard in the AFC. The teams are that bad this year. There are only 6 teams above .500 and one of them is the Bills who just benched their QB.

Bortles makes Trent Dilfer look like Peyton Manning. Yet, here we are.
    That is giving Dilfer way too much credit. To Bortles's credit, he actually has lowered his turnovers and sack so far, which were his biggest issues.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bortles hasn't really improved at all, they've just got more talent around him to protect him and in so doing, protect the team from him. His six wins as a starter this year are already a career high. Any reduction in turnovers could be attributed more to a reduction in pass attempts than any genuine improvement. They still need a QB.

Eagles gonna end up destroying dak that oline of dallas #prayfordak FLYEAGLESFLY
    mr pickles

http://www.totalprosports.com/2017/1...is-skin-color/

Saw this today. Twitter had a field day on it.

Looks like there's discrepancies on whether he said it or misquoted or whatever. But it's still interesting even if there was any alluding truth to that remark anyway.
    Last edited by lagmoose; 2017-11-17 at 05:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gyrados View Post
    Eagles gonna end up destroying dak that oline of dallas #prayfordak FLYEAGLESFLY
    As a Cowboys fan this match up has me anxious. A part of me is expecting a loss with all the injuries we have and the fact that we don't have Zeke and how piss poor our secondary defense is (except Sean Lee) but a part of me hopes that we pull a surprise and beat the Boo Birds. I'd love to see what people's excuses would be for Wentz then. Imagine if we beat them twice! Ah man that'd be sweet. That'd shut all them up.

To be honest I like Carson Wentz but all the praise he's getting I think is a bit ridiculous. Where was all this praise last year when they went 7-9 and lost 5 in a row? If you look at the Eagles schedule they've had it pretty damn easy so far. So far they went up against:

- The Redskins twice (4-5)
    - Lost against the Chiefs (go figure)
    - Giants (1-8)
    - Chargers (3-6)
    - Cardinals (4-5)
    - Got lucky with the Panthers
    - 49ers (1-9)
    - Broncos (3-6).

So they had it pretty damn easy this year.
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2017-11-17 at 06:19 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triforcewolf View Post
    To be honest I like Carson Wentz but all the praise he's getting I think is a bit ridiculous. Where was all this praise last year when they went 7-9 and lost 5 in a row? If you look at the Eagles schedule they've had it pretty damn easy so far. So far they went up against:

- The Redskins twice (4-5)
    - Lost against the Chiefs (go figure)
    - Giants (1-8)
    - Chargers (3-6)
    - Cardinals (4-5)
    - Got lucky with the Panthers
    - 49ers (1-9)
    - Broncos (3-6).

So they had it pretty damn easy this year.
    Eh. Brady lost to the Chiefs too and was NOT lucky against the Panthers. Brady beat Texans, Bucs, Jets, Falcons, Chargers, Broncos. At current standings not exactly a murderer's row either. Brady did beat the Saints at the Superdome though, but those Saints are not like the current Saints.

Sometimes part of why teams suck is cause you beat them. Patriots invariably have one of the easier schedules on paper at the end of the season, but that's typically cause they beat most of the teams on their schedule and it skews to make them look bad. Especially their AFC East rivals. Washington would have been 6-3 if the Eagles themselves had sucked, suddenly a much better looking team.

Wentz has managed to lead his team to 8 wins, even against questionable competition, that's impressive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Winston is being investigated for groping an uber driver. Normally I wouldn't jump to conclusions, but I'm sure Lattimore would agree that Winston can be a bit handsy, and Jameis has a history of sexual assault so...

I don't know why he's sticking his fingers in his mouth for pregame speeches, who knows where those things have been.