Deleted

Those of you who never played before Cata, it will be like a totaly new game for you

The zones are different, the mechanics are different. Some of you might even enjoy it more than current WoW, there are PLENTY more skills than current wow.

5+ Year Old Account
    If you enjoy slower paced RPGs you will probably enjoy vanilla
    If you prefer faster paced hack n slash then vanilla probably wont be in your taste.
    “Listen... Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.” – Dennis

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bugsix View Post
    The zones are different, the mechanics are different. Some of you might even enjoy it more than current WoW, there are PLENTY more skills than current wow.
    They might or might not? Also why do you need to bash the current wow in your post? It has nothing to do with the subject.
    Again, stop acting like a 12 year old and actually act like your age.
    No need for this petty shit.

plenty more skills? Im diehard vanilla purist but not even I believe that bs. There's literally so many unnessary abilities in todays wow.
    In vanilla you basically spam the same 3 abilities. The difference I think is how cool downs worked. In vanilla you that that amazing 30/60min CD that could wreck anything and that was cool. But saying there are plenty more skills is just innaccurate.
    Shadowlands - Server first 60 Rogue on Tarren-Mill EU
    Classic - Server first 60 Rogue on Gandling EU
    Server first Ragnaros, World 6th

Clearly someone who never raided with an SM/ruin lock, or a frost mage

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bash the fash View Post
    Clearly someone who never raided with an SM/ruin lock, or a frost mage
    Or any class. Oh, and tanking, stack armor reduction, spam same buton for 20min, hope someone wont overagro you. SO MUCH SKILLS INVOLVED

Quote Originally Posted by otyknip View Post
    Or any class. Oh, and tanking, stack armor reduction, spam same buton for 20min, hope someone wont overagro you. SO MUCH SKILLS INVOLVED
    Tanking now = Push 1 button, never lose aggro

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ReVnX View Post
    and then die horribly not using your mitigation, not paying attention to boss mechanics (yes today bosses have actual tank mechanics unlike vanilla)

Deleted
    Yes, tanking now is easy for aggro, but not for everything else, back then you can basicaly afk 90% of the fight or watch tv, be honest now. As mage I used to do that, couse, well, I couldnt dps for one of few reasons (agro, mana, talking in mIRC, playing diablo2)

7+ Year Old Account
    But keeping up your rotation for heal, watch your active mitigation, have special mechanics. Aggro doesn't really matter since I think when the Zul Dungeons went live but tanking is something very different now.

Quote Originally Posted by Zendhal View Post
    and then die horribly not using your mitigation, not paying attention to boss mechanics (yes today bosses have actual tank mechanics unlike vanilla)
    I was mainly talking abouth threat not boss mechanics. I've been tanking from Vanilla to WoD, I know it was mostly tank and spank. Best tanking experience for me was TBC

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thrallinor View Post
    But keeping up your rotation for heal, watch your active mitigation, have special mechanics. Aggro doesn't really matter since I think when the Zul Dungeons went live but tanking is something very different now.
    Aggro mattered all the way to WoTLK, after that it was mostly dead

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by otyknip View Post
    Yes, tanking now is easy for aggro, but not for everything else, back then you can basicaly afk 90% of the fight or watch tv, be honest now. As mage I used to do that, couse, well, I couldnt dps for one of few reasons (agro, mana, talking in mIRC, playing diablo2)
    You could not be afk if you wanted to keep the boss on you. But you are right, other than Last stand, you had little control about your survival/mitigation

10+ Year Old Account
    I first played WoW on a trial account in TBC, I liked it (from what I actually did). I've also read through old quest chains and found 'em enjoyable and I'd probably love it, even with it being difficult. For me, it'd be a new game almost, yet same world.

Can't wait to play through Old Dun Morogh and Loch Modan again<3
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

7+ Year Old Account
    Aggro mattered all the way to WoTLK, after that it was mostly dead
    Wasn't it Patch 4.1 when the "killed" aggro-management as a tanking job? I'm just curious if I'm right

Plenty of other active threads to discuss this topic.

Closing.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

tbh it really wasnt THAT MUCH different mechanically from wrath to cata.. in cata there were more spells than in wrath(if you discount the spell ranks)