Page 26 of 49 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    "HEY WE GOT RID OF THEM BECAUSE DISNEY THREATENED US!"

"*but we are turning them right back on in a month after we get all your launch window sales, you fucking idiots"

and the sad part is all the sad bastards with star wars avatars on twitter rabidly defending them now. I know brand loyalty indoctrination with SW's is strong but good lord these people have no shame or foresight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    Hmm so do I buy it now...
    No. They can still put the lootboxes back and in worse state as soon as outrage gets old.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually would buy this now. But I'm not, because I'm skint.

Yeah damage has been done for me.

I'll be sticking to the original BF2 for now methinks.

Plus friends who did buy it tell me that the campaign isn't anything fancy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    It's a fuckign Star Wars game. Released along with Episode 8.

It will generate millions.

Yup, they could sell anything under that name and make gazillions. Peoples are just fools this days.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    No. They can still put the lootboxes back and in worse state as soon as outrage gets old.
    Depending when they put them back in, I'll probably have everything unlocked I want. So I couldn't really care less.

Quote Originally Posted by NightGamer View Post
    Yup, they could sell anything under that name and make gazillions. Peoples are just fools this days.
    Eh as long as people enjoy the game itself I don't think they are fools.

It's more the whales and people who act like the game can do no wrong I find that has pushed us into some of the practices we have today.

Deleted
    By the way they just purged all user score on metacritic for no reason. Give your score back if you want. At least on PC and Xbox
    http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/st...battlefront-ii
    http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-...battlefront-ii

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Plus friends who did buy it tell me that the campaign isn't anything fancy.

Pretty much. It's not bad by any means, just painfully bland and average.

Bought the game and i love it, have over 12+ hours played already

Graphics and Gameplay are both incredible, would recommend

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyforge1 View Post
    Bought the game and i love it, have over 12+ hours played already

Graphics and Gameplay are both incredible, would recommend
    This sounds something like a bot would wrote.

Yeah still not buying it, not untill they perma-remove lootboxes.

- - - Updated - - -

Also i saved this before they go full edit mode:

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    This sounds something like a bot would wrote.

Yeah still not buying it, not untill they perma-remove lootboxes.
    Just cause the game is getting a metric tonne of backlashes cause of the lootbox drama dosnt mean that the actual game itself isnt amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by minkage View Post
    Just cause the game is getting a metric tonne of backlashes cause of the lootbox drama dosnt mean that the actual game itself isnt amazing.
    Actually most critics not on the teat like the giant bomb crew have said verbatim "even without the lockboxes of the 4 battlefront games its easily the weakest" so outside of the "BUT ITS STAR WARS" crowd that were infamous laughing stocks in swtor 1.0 screencaps there is still apparently just a mediocre and very short shooter behind the lockbox vector. Tastes will differ of course but there is no large outcry of "this amazing game is being ruined by microtransactions" which in itself is a shame but thats been EA's mo for the star wars brand the last few years.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    "even without the lockboxes of the 4 battlefront games its easily the weakest"
    Everyone is entitled to there opinion but even tho I haven't played BF2 I HIGHLY disagree with this. Battlefront (2016) was by far the weakest of the 4 main games. It barely had anything at all. The fact this has dog fighting in space automatically puts it above the last one.

Once again like I said I haven't played BF2 but I have watched a good bit of it. From what I have seen it isn't really lacking anything BF2 (2005) had while Battlefront (2016) was lacking a great deal.

Also fuck these names, EA should have just named it #3 and #4 ffs. But it will be a matter of opinion on if the game is bad or not. From what I have seen its mostly what I personally want from a BF game.

Time will tell, I still haven't decided if ill buy it today or not.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Actually most critics not on the teat like the giant bomb crew have said verbatim "even without the lockboxes of the 4 battlefront games its easily the weakest" so outside of the "BUT ITS STAR WARS" crowd that were infamous laughing stocks in swtor 1.0 screencaps there is still apparently just a mediocre and very short shooter behind the lockbox vector. Tastes will differ of course but there is no large outcry of "this amazing game is being ruined by microtransactions" which in itself is a shame but thats been EA's mo for the star wars brand the last few years.
    I actually havnt played it I was just responding that bad PR=bad game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Disney has to be involved at this point. EA would never on their own stop doing shitty practices even if temporary.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Everyone is entitled to there opinion but even tho I haven't played BF2 I HIGHLY disagree with this. Battlefront (2016) was by far the weakest of the 4 main games. It barely had anything at all. The fact this has dog fighting in space automatically puts it above the last one.

Once again like I said I haven't played BF2 but I have watched a good bit of it. From what I have seen it isn't really lacking anything BF2 (2005) had while Battlefront (2016) was lacking a great deal.

Also fuck these names, EA should have just named it #3 and #4 ffs. But it will be a matter of opinion on if the game is bad or not. From what I have seen its mostly what I personally want from a BF game.

Time will tell, I still haven't decided if ill buy it today or not.
    I think they changed it because the original III that was cancelled which was an alt universe thing with a 'dark side wizard' obi wan was a near half life 3 level white whale of gaming and they did not want to go near that anymore than valve does half life at this point for similar reasons.

I think they changed it because the original III that was cancelled which was an alt universe thing with a 'dark side wizard' obi wan was a near half life 3 level white whale of gaming and they did not want to go near that anymore than valve does half life at this point for similar reasons.
    Holy fuck didn't know about that LOL, He looks like something from Dark Souls/Bloodborne.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Other than the star cards this doesn't feel that different from bf1 and bf2 (the old ones). Granted it's been years since i played either of them, but i did put 200+ hours into both of them. Ignoring all of the lootbox shit i can honestly say i haven't been this immersed in a star wars game in a while. Playing on all ultra jetpack jumping on Kashyyk (or whatever the wooded map is) was honestly really fucking awesome The gameplay honestly to me feels just like the old ones with just updated graphics and more fast paced gameplay.

After about 5 hours of MP the only negative i can think of has been the star fighters. On hoth specifically the 1st point is complete aids when they just spawncamp you while the enemy snipers and turrets pick the stragglers off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Accelerated experience = Pay to win