Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Fascists and bigots are welcome to create their own Twitter and call it Twatters
    so does that mean we can unverify the the far left fascists and bigots as well? From my understanding, the far left is far more fascist than our "neo-nazis" with trying to rid the world of free speech and the such. Does that mean we can unverify twitter devs and the such as well?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    I'm pretty sure thats what it already is.

- - - Updated - - -

They actually can't and thats a good thing. You might say, oh just go to the bakery down the street. But what if that bakery denies you for being gay? What if you have to travel 6 hours to find one that won't turn you away?
    Well homosexuals are protected under the discrimination act... so comparing neo-nazis and gays was retarded anyway. That said its amusing people saying how terrible it is ON MMOC, a site with more restrictions than NK. Twitter is a service not a right

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skayth View Post
    so does that mean we can unverify the the far left fascists and bigots as well? From my understanding, the far left is far more fascist than our "neo-nazis" with trying to rid the world of free speech and the such. Does that mean we can unverify twitter devs and the such as well?
    Again why ask me? Twitter can do WTF they want within the boundaries of law.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    I wonder why the kid fuckers like Kevin Spacey are still verified. Seems odd to me that twitter cares more about people saying things than people fucking kids in their anuses.

Stay pedo Twitter!
    Because allegations aren't proof, but a White Supremacist Alt-Right Neo Nazi, saying they are such, saying niggers and jews and mud people need to be deported from the U.S and Women back to the Kitchen that is pretty conclusive evidence from the source, that these piece of shit need to go back to whatever basement they came from trying to claim themselves proud to be white, when they themselves have contributed fuck all to anybody ever, besides hate.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Because allegations aren't proof, but a White Supremacist Alt-Right Neo Nazi, saying they are such, saying niggers and jews and mud people need to be deported from the U.S and Women back to the Kitchen that is pretty conclusive evidence from the source, that these piece of shit need to go back to whatever basement they came from trying to claim themselves proud to be white, when they themselves have contributed fuck all to anybody ever, besides hate.

Cool story.

Stay pedo Twitter!

10+ Year Old Account
    Well homosexuals are protected under the discrimination act... so comparing neo-nazis and gays was retarded anyway. That said its amusing people saying how terrible it is ON MMOC, a site with more restrictions than NK. Twitter is a service not a right

- - - Updated - - -

Again why ask me? Twitter can do WTF they want within the boundaries of law.
    because you clearly have a bone to pick with simply one side, and do not wish to hear any sort of discussion that will go across lines. Hell, you are happy about it. I for one think their should be equality across both lines, and discussion should be had. And when discussion is had, it shows who stands for what. You can stay away from X person, or agree with X person. Why am I asking you? Because you benefited from this, albeit "agreement."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    Cool story.

Stay pedo Twitter!
    Yeah, knowledge is painful, yeah allegations wouldn't be a reason to verify an account because you are sad.

Deleted
    because you clearly have a bone to pick with simply one side, and do not wish to hear any sort of discussion that will go across lines. Hell, you are happy about it. I for one think their should be equality across both lines, and discussion should be had. And when discussion is had, it shows who stands for what. You can stay away from X person, or agree with X person. Why am I asking you? Because you benefited from this, albeit "agreement."
    I don't even use Twitter I benefit nothing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Yeah, knowledge is painful, yeah allegations wouldn't be a reason to verify an account because you are sad.
    Damn, thats a cool ass story bro!!!

Stay pedo Twitter!

Deleted
    Making people like that easier to impersonate doesn't sound like a smart idea. Even if you loath them, if they have a verified account doesn't that make them easier to block etc?

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't even use Twitter I benefit nothing
    you benefited by being in agreement.... i never said you did use twitter at all, now did i?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    Making people like that easier to impersonate doesn't sound like a smart idea. Even if you loath them, if they have a verified account doesn't that make them easier to block etc?
    Nope you put their names and whatever else in program for accounts being made and ban them too along with phrases use and people they follow.

Quote Originally Posted by FragmentedFaith View Post
    How long until "controversial users" becomes 'anyone who questions/disagrees with us or our masters"
    That's the case already, but it will get worse.

YouTube promotes atheist videos/channels who talk about UFO conspiracies (secureteam10) but demonetizes and restricts videos that talk about Illuminati, have Syria in the tags/title or who expose any type of politic stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiro Tagachi View Post
    Twitter is the leftist version of Stormfront.
    >.< so wrong its painful.

I don't agree with the use of the "verification" icon with those new rules, but they are free to do it, it's a free market. But that also means some thing you don't like will happen, like a bakery refusing to bake a cake with a pro-homosexual relationships messages. Remember that the same rules that you want to apply to the contrary team can also be applied to yours.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Fascists and bigots are welcome to create their own Twitter and call it Twatters
    I mean, twitter did the same thing to Sargon, Milo, and Jordan Peterson, who I wouldn't exactly call Fascist bigot alt-righters

Why don't they just ban them if its that bad?

Deleted
    you benefited by being in agreement.... i never said you did use twitter at all, now did i?
    Pretty sure I stated I wouldn't care if they did same to 'lefties'

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Oberyn Martell View Post
    Don't use that word against everything you disagree with.
    I mean, you guys do it with Nazi. Sometimes non-crazy people like to pretend too.

It's about time this became official. They've been doing it for a while now, selectively handing out and removing verified status from certain individuals based solely on their content and not on simply identity verification, which is what the checkmark was marketed as. It's good that we're no longer keeping up this retarded charade. Now all they need to do is change the name of it from verified status to approved status.

Quote Originally Posted by Moadar View Post
    Why don't they just ban them if its that bad?
    Probably because Twitter has yet to even make a single cent in profit, they have yet to post a single set of financials that doesn't represent heavy losses. They've been knowingly lying to the public and their investors, for years, about how many people actually use the platform and just how many spam bots there are. They need all the users they can get.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Algy View Post
    I still don't see the giant conspiracy at hand like you do, please help cause I'm genuinely curious if twitter has become this giant anti-right wing area because the most I've seen is banning people who actually do hate speech.

If Hillary were president and someone deleted her twitter, I would laugh as well. Mostly because people are so upset over 11 minutes without the presidents twitter.
    The problem is this, in an age were technology is the ever increasing medium of communication, its taking the place of the literal "soap box". These might be private companies, but they're in control of public forums that should be help to the exact same standard as the first amendment. In the act of de-platforming people, they're showing a bias, they're not banning or de-verifying anarco communists, or other extremist leftists.

I would have no problem if the company said "all radical views are no longer tolerated" and then banned terrorist groups, "nazis", anarcho-communists, but they're not, they're specifically targeting right wing, and even people who simply don't follow their extreme leftist ideology. The problem is that they're targeting, because they know they're a weapon to fight against the republicans in elections, and they're going to do what they must to push their agenda, problem is, they're in control of the means of communications to the masses.

If you dont find this a problem, its going to be a sad world in 20 years when people are de-verified in real life, if you catch my drift.