Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    And on a side note... Blizzard wanting to keep the communal aspect, of which is great... but honestly, the toxicity in this thread alone makes me rather apprehensive what it'll be like. I have absolutely zero interests in relating with players like the OP and others in this thread with that kind of pathetic attitudes.

Quote Originally Posted by jstnw89 View Post
    they're not going to balance the classes lol..
    Blizzard have stated they didn't have a class design [balance] philosophy back then in hindsight.... don't make claims on their behalf that they won't until they actually specifically say as such themselves.
    Last edited by Daedius; 2017-11-17 at 06:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ManiaCCC View Post
    Picky picky. You know exactly what my post meant.

Or if you needed to show you know something about Vanilla? Good job. You know..things.
    My only point is that I think a lot of people asking for "Pure Vanilla" don't truly even know what they're asking for.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Man, the replies in this thread just tell me that the Classic servers will be as full of toxic people as people claim current servers to be.

"Community" indeed.
    The big difference is that todays game allows you to avoid interaction with other players. Yeah, I guess that's the ba thing about it in general but that's what makes it tolerable with so much venom around.

Classic would be all about the Community, though, so... yeah. good point. We will be waddling in bile.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jebiga View Post
    People when they play Vanilla are going to drop a deuce all over it
    And those people should just continue playing the live version. WoW Classic is explicitly not for those people—it's literally for people who "prefer vanilla".

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    Alright, but how do you define "core identity"? Is it how they envisioned the class, how they implemented it or how the community saw them? The original game manual said about paladins: "It has a good ability to thrive in melee combat"... which the community turned into "wear cloth and stay back". I see making paladins competent at melee dps as restoring, not undermining core identity.
    I think it's one of my biggest issues with vanilla and the hybrid tax. Why is a Druid, the most versatile class of them all, only allowed to perform one role because 3 of its specs are broken and unviable? Why is a Paladin supposed to stand in the back and heal when the previous examples we had of Paladins were hammer swinging badasses? Why should a Mage only be Frost because Fire is useless in half the raids and Arcane is lol. Why is a Shaman a healer when the best example of a Shaman we have in lore can cause earthquakes and shit?

People can fault the live game for a lot of things, but you have far more room to live out your own fantasy in Legion than you ever did in vanilla. if you want to be a frontline Paladin, you can actually be one, instead of being told to wear healer gear and spam blessings all day long.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    I think it's one of my biggest issues with vanilla and the hybrid tax. Why is a Druid, the most versatile class of them all, only allowed to perform one role because 3 of its specs are broken and unviable? Why is a Paladin supposed to stand in the back and heal when the previous examples we had of Paladins were hammer swinging badasses? Why should a Mage only be Frost because Fire is useless in half the raids and Arcane is lol. Why is a Shaman a healer when the best example of a Shaman we have in lore can cause earthquakes and shit?

People can fault the live game for a lot of things, but you have far more room to live out your own fantasy in Legion than you ever did in vanilla. if you want to be a frontline Paladin, you can actually be one, instead of being told to wear healer gear and spam blessings all day long.
    This is probably main reason, why there will be some class changes. Hybrid tax was bollocks and while many people want it back, especially these who played vanilla before just for nostalgic reason alone, any new players won't understand it and would see it as idiotic design choice. Frankly, it was idiotic design choice.

k? dont play classic, then

- - - Updated - - -

This is probably main reason, why there will be some class changes. Hybrid tax was bollocks and while many people want it back, especially these who played vanilla before just for nostalgic reason alone, any new players won't understand it and would see it as idiotic design choice. Frankly, it was idiotic design choice.
    it was bad, but liek they said. vanilla is vanilla. he made it clear they wont be changing it. if you dont like it, dont play it.

100%. I don't think "Class Balance" is really even a fair thing to call it, all people are asking for are "Functional Specs"

Quote Originally Posted by NihilSustinet View Post
    it was bad, but liek they said. vanilla is vanilla. he made it clear they wont be changing it. if you dont like it, dont play it.
    You again? I already bookmarked your name so I can read your whines and tears when you will see first Classic footage. At this point, I am not sure,if you feel better if you fool yourself or are just trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebble View Post
    100%. I don't think "Class Balance" is really even a fair thing to call it, all people are asking for are "Functional Specs"
    then, again, dont play classic.

- - - Updated - - -

You again? I already bookmarked your name so I can read your whines and tears when you will see first Classic footage. At this point, I am not sure,if you feel better if you fool yourself or are just trolling.
    the devs directly contradict you, and im the one fooling myself? toppest of keks.

Been thinking at work today about what Ion said. And then a thought struck me. Who else on these boards remembers developer announcements about Death Knights?

At first they stated we would have to do an epic quest chain at the end of which characters could choose to become DKs. Would have been legen - wait for it - dary.

Then they toned it down and said we would have to do an epic quest chain at the end of which, by freeing a DK, we would unlock the class for our account. Would have been epic still.

And then they settled for "oh bother, just level one toon to 55 and go to town with death knights".

So... Blizzard has a history of going for the more accessible when having to make design decisions.

the devs directly contradict you, and im the one fooling myself? toppest of keks.
    You are not very bright person buddy.

Been thinking at work today about what Ion said. And then a thought struck me. Who else on these boards remembers developer announcements about Death Knights?

At first they stated we would have to do an epic quest chain at the end of which characters could choose to become DKs. Would have been legen - wait for it - dary.

Then they toned it down and said we would have to do an epic quest chain at the end of which, by freeing a DK, we would unlock the class for our account. Would have been epic still.

And then they settled for "oh bother, just level one toon to 55 and go to town with death knights".

So... Blizzard has a history of going for the more accessible when having to make design decisions.
    but the devs, from this video, clearly see that that is the very reason we want to go back to vanilla. they dont have to make any design decisions (other than which vanilla patch to use) as they were already made years ago.

- - - Updated - - -

You are not very bright person buddy.
    Next time maybe learn to use indefinite articles and punctuation before you attempt to insult my intelligence, moron.

but the devs, from this video, clearly see that that is the very reason we want to go back to vanilla. they dont have to make any design decisions (other than which vanilla patch to use) as they were already made years ago.
    We will find out eventually. I'm just saying they are mindful of their bottom line.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    You don't know what Classic will be either. You are just implying your view of Classic server is how it should be, and calling mine "pristine". What do I base it? They asked in an interview that should they go with updated graphics or old graphics, then some days later a survey that Blizzard monitors showed that an overwhelming majority of players either want updated graphics, or a toggle option.

So you Purists need to suck it because it will likely be in game.
    Players of what? It was a google form where any random troll could participate.

Next time maybe learn to use indefinite articles and punctuation before you attempt to insult my intelligence, moron.
    Glad you understood that

As I said, I will be here when some official news about classic will be available, so hopefully you will shop up, so we can discuss who moron really is

Quote Originally Posted by Wiedzemir View Post
    Players of what? It was a google form where any random troll could participate.
    Mate, let me make it clear for you because you are having hard times to understand what is going on. You have said I am pushing baseless nonsense. I am not, I am just repeating a fairly big (it was 35k participant yesterday) survey. The only baseless horseshit that is being spouted comes from you.

We will find out eventually. I'm just saying they are mindful of their bottom line.
    retail wow will always be the flagship. if they can get several thousand subs by hosting a vanilla server that costs them next to nothing to run (after initial development costs), they really have nothing to worry about. They clearly understand that vanilla isnt for everyone, but it will certainly appeal to enough people to be profitable.

- - - Updated - - -

Glad you understood that

As I said, I will be here when some official news about classic will be available, so hopefully you will shop up, so we can discuss who moron really is
    I'm not sure what "shop up" is, but I'll be here, don't worry about that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rougle View Post
    lfg ruined wow for you.. but the EXACT same system (meeting stones) which randomly created groups for you that existed in vanilla, you are completely fine with?
    it wasnt the exact fucking system at all.
    i was on a pretty good realm at the time & was a bloody good healer & had no problem getting a good group together.
    you got to see the same people asking for a group & after a while you would group with those same people & actually got to be online "friends".
    with the advent of lfg, that all changed. grouped with complete fucking arseholes/morons who never said a word, not even hello.
    as i said, the exact system my fucking arse.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by twistedsista View Post
    it wasnt the exact fucking system at all.
    i was on a pretty good realm at the time & was a bloody good healer & had no problem getting a good group together.
    you got to see the same people asking for a group & after a while you would group with those same people & actually got to be online "friends".
    with the advent of lfg, that all changed. grouped with complete fucking arseholes/morons who never said a word, not even hello.
    as i said, the exact system my fucking arse.
    So again. Meeting stones randomly creating groups is different from lfg how exactly?