Poll: When do you predict Classic WoW launch?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    They completely created Overwatch from 0 in less than 2 years as they said on the Overwatch panel. Engine, Art, Animation, ServerSide, Optimization, ...

They already have the old WoW client. And they already have the old server software. All they have to do is optimization and bug fixes.

There is absolutely no way they need 2 years for that. They are not building a new game.

Quote Originally Posted by Truckermouse View Post
    They completely created Overwatch from 0 in less than 2 years as they said on the Overwatch panel. Engine, Art, Animation, ServerSide, Optimization, ...

They already have the old WoW client. And they already have the old server software. All they have to do is optimization and bug fixes.

There is absolutely no way they need 2 years for that. They are not building a new game.
    Pretty sure the OW team was a bit larger than what the team working on Classic servers will be though.

Deleted

JUst no

Quote Originally Posted by Hubbl3 View Post
    It's in a very early state. I would be surprised if it get released before mid 2019.

So sweet and innocent, blizz always speaks 100% truth right?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not believing any release date during 2018, which might possibly affect BfA.

I don't think it will be until 2019...but the real question is, will there be a sub fee? Being that's it is a "different" game and requires it's own team and such, I feel like they are going to charge a fee to play it to keep maintaining the servers and whatnot. Backlash will ensue but be prepared to pay, all I'm saying.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Detheavn View Post
    I'm not believing any release date during 2018, which might possibly affect BfA.
    Different team will be hired for the project, so it wouldn't effect BfA at all, think of it like a separate team for a "separate" game

When I heard the announcement, I assumed they would release it mid-2018, if they are going to release the new expansion in late 2018. That way they keep people interested. I reckon if they released it in July, most people will have played it and quit it before Oct/Nov, and it would have served its purpose as a nice distraction.

Its all dependant on BfA. Imo it wont take them all that long to get the server up and running. They have all the data all they need to do is transfer and bug fix it. Come on with the 2 year crap. They dont need story designers art designers or a raid development team. Its just hardware and a software update. Id say they have it ready in 6 months. Most doesnt even need to be remastered if thwy are doing graphical updates because its already been done. They may sit on it depending on how BFA does.

November 23rd, 2018 would be an iconic release

Early 2018 when Legion drought begins.

Two years from now, for WoW's 15th Anniversary.
    They haven't even hired the people for this yet and they have nothing defined other than "Yea! Let's do classic realms!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by meroko View Post
    Different team will be hired for the project, so it wouldn't effect BfA at all, think of it like a separate team for a "separate" game
    I know that. I'm just pretty sure Blizzard doesn't want the possible people going from live to classic to have an impact on the BfA sales.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyliria View Post
    Two years from now, for WoW's 15th Anniversary.
    They haven't even hired the people for this yet and they have nothing defined other than "Yea! Let's do classic realms!"
    This i suspect playable at next con, and then released shortly after. splits up BFA and the next expac
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

It will be released at WoWs 15th anniversary. So, Fall 2019... (sadly too far away)-

If we were going to see it anytime soon I would think they would have shown some gameplay from it for their classic trailer or let people play it a bit at blizzcon. My guess is late 2019

I think Classic will come shortly after BfA release, to help with the lull after the first raid. BfA has a real vanilla vibe to it, this marketing will entice those who fall prey to nostalgia, while keeping those who love Classic as well as those who might have moved on after playing Classic realizing it isn't as good as they thought.
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Late 2019, I guess. Exactly when content drought for BfA will begin.

Quote Originally Posted by Njoy32 View Post
    So sweet and innocent, blizz always speaks 100% truth right?
    No they lie to you. They will scrap the whole project because classic just sucks and they know it. Winkyface.

Can't really guess. Even Blizz themselves have said that they don't know whether it will take months or years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol, in one of the dev interviews they said they don't even have anything concrete on the classic servers. Its not coming out in 2018.

Deleted
    Too soon for a 2018 realease and won't happen during BfA launch

So, somethink like early 2019 wile BfA is on a "standing by" patch (a couple of months after BfA launch) or for christmas at best, if BfA is already out for september
    Last edited by mmoc860fcb4d54; 2017-11-19 at 01:27 AM.