Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

I doubt the classic server project is in an early stage.

I dont believe for a second that the classic server project is in its early phases like blizzard claims it to be, there is ABSOLUTLY no way they would announce vanilla unless they knew FOR SURE that they can make it happen, how can they be sure enough to announce it? by actually doing it. I dont think they would NEVER EVER announce it if it was only a concept, idea, or a hope that they can make it happen.

I believe blizz has been working with the nostalrius team ever since they met up. I believe they decided to do vanilla servers back then already, but couldnt announce it at the last blizzcon because the project was in fact BACK THEN, in its early stage.

Think about it, EVERYONE was expecting vanilla announcements blizzcon 2016, and when it didnt happen, everyone lost hope, everyone thought it would never happen and you could say the hype went down quite significantly, significantly enough that NO ONE was hoping for Vanilla announcements this blizzard. Blizzard is not stupid, if there was a possibility, they would had announced it last blizzcon, ride the hype and also redeem them selves, for shutting down Nostalrius, but they couldnt.

The way Allen Brack talks implies that he is hiding something, he is using words like:

- "We THINK we have a way to run the Classic servers"

or

- " we THINK we have a way to have the old WoW version work on the modern infrastructure and feel really good."

Like i said earlier, there is no way you would announce classic servers to a community as fierce as the WoW classic community if you werent 100% sure u can make it work. I dont think they want to repeat the situation and backlash that was created by announcing Arena PVP in Diablo 3 and not come through on that promess, different game, but im guaranteed they learned a lesson from that.

So based on this i believe that Classic is more "ready" then they lead us to believe, now what are they plans to release it with the new expansion coming and all i cant say my guess would be inbetween Legion and BFA, specially if we have as much time between the expansions than we did with WoD and BFA.

My source:

I study psychology and play poker, so i got pretty good at reading people

Also Occams Razor

So you can clearly see i know what im talking about

10+ Year Old Account
    Even if they got the old serrver/client to run on modern hardware, that's still an early stage. After that comes the testing of the two, and then the implementation and testing of basically everything else. A game engine up and running in itself means zilch. It's comparable with Blizzard sayinf they have the Unreal or Unity engine up and running... do you know what that means? You opened the editor. Everything else has yet to be added and programmed.

You know what's even worse? To start with something pre-existing. Looking at other people's code can be brainwrecking and demotivational as fuck... That's why:

Quote Originally Posted by Njoy32 View Post
    snip
    They are in an early stage. The reason they announced it was they were able to get it up and running on modern hardware. Now they know it is possible to do. They still need to hire a team to work on it, which has not been done yet. Then they need to figure out what point in Vanilla this will be and what, if any, QOL features are added (expect Bnet and ReadID).

Then comes the testing and everything. There is a reason Brack is not giving any time frame at all and isn't even using soon(tm) because they have no idea at release at this point.

Deleted
    THey have the whole game up and running, also is this the same blizzard that created overwatch from 0 to finished product in 2 years? Surely setting up a vanilla server cant take even remotely close to that much.

They had to announce it at Blizzcon, because everything they had to announce for BfA was equally as nebulous.
    Classic is likely even MORE nebulous than that.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CerealLord View Post
    They are in an early stage. The reason they announced it was they were able to get it up and running on modern hardware. Now they know it is possible to do. They still need to hire a team to work on it, which has not been done yet. Then they need to figure out what point in Vanilla this will be and what, if any, QOL features are added (expect Bnet and ReadID).

Then comes the testing and everything. There is a reason Brack is not giving any time frame at all and isn't even using soon(tm) because they have no idea at release at this point.
    How do you know tho? Blizzard also said D3 will have arenas and im still waiting, i would take ANYTHING a gaming company says with a grain of salt tbh They have been potentially working with nostalrius for over a year now, how do we know how many people they have / still need to hire? A small team of random people can get a private server up and running within a month....

I dont believe for a second that the classic server project is in its early phases like blizzard claims it to be, there is ABSOLUTLY no way they would announce vanilla unless they knew FOR SURE that they can make it happen, how can they be sure enough to announce it?
    Dance Studio would like a word with you. Sure it's just a feature, but they've announced plenty before and never made it happen. Too many to list actually.

Deleted
    is this the same blizzard that created overwatch from 0 to finished product in 2 years?
    Overwatch was scraped together from their failed MMORPG attempt Titan, into which they poured hundreds of millions. The "zero" they started from would've probably included the whole engine, story, characters, etc. already having been done.

Between legion and BfA is likely too soon. I think between BfA and whatever the following expansion is called is more probable.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

10+ Year Old Account
    A small team of random people can get a private server up and running within a month....
    It doesn't work like this. Didn't the Nost team even write they worked 5+ years on the server before actualyl launching it?

Very little happened between Blizzard and the Nostalrius team before and after Blizzcon 2016.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nostal..._of_Nostalrius

This is how Nostalrius responded to no Blizzcon 2016 announcement.

http://forum.nostalrius.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=44550

Up till that point communication was poor since their meeting.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Leperix View Post
    Overwatch was scraped together from their failed MMORPG attempt Titan, into which they poured hundreds of millions. The "zero" they started from would've probably included the whole engine, story, characters, etc. already having been done.
    Yes they literally said they started FROM SCRATCH in the overwatch panel, so theres that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laerrus View Post
    Very little happened between Blizzard and the Nostalrius team before and after Blizzcon 2016.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nostal..._of_Nostalrius

This is how Nostalrius responded to no Blizzcon 2016 announcement.

http://forum.nostalrius.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=44550

Up till that point communication was poor since their meeting.
    I suspect Blizzard is ramping up the Classic dev team, and are pursuing some of the Nost developers.
    A few WoW streamers, with additional info, are alluding to this also.
    Push it to the limit

#NoCollusion
    "The Special Counsel did not find that the Trump campaign, or anyone associated with it, conspired or coordinated with the Russian government in these efforts, despite multiple. offers from Russian-affiliated individuals to assist the Trump campaign."

Deleted
    Yes they literally said they started FROM SCRATCH in the overwatch panel, so theres that.
    In the investor calls and releases they have been saying something different. And if they lie on those, they go to jail. So I'll take that over any blizzcon panels.

Deleted
    I dont believe for a second that the classic server project is in its early phases like blizzard claims it to be
    Hello Mr Arm-Chair-Developer-who doesnt believe the people who are doing classic.

there is ABSOLUTLY no way they would announce vanilla unless they knew FOR SURE that they can make it happen,
    ofc they can make it happen that still doesnt lead to your silly conclusion....

how can they be sure enough to announce it?
    thats like asking if the pope is a cathlic....

I believe blizz has been working with the nostalrius team ever since they met up.
    but they HAVE NOT.
    you dont believe the nost people you dont believe blizzard. ignore the fact that they are still hiring people or not even have chosen how to release classic and which patch..... but for the love of god get yourself a blog and dont come here and write about your believes that are as silly as claimg every fish needs a bycycle....

Think about it, EVERYONE was expecting vanilla announcements blizzcon 2016
    Dude what the hell are you smoking????
    NO ONE, i repeat so you understand it: NO ONE was expecting that ever.

redeem them selves, for shutting down Nostalrius
    WTF dude, how HIGH are you? redeem themself for shutting down a SHITTY PIRATE server, something they do all the time and have EVEREY right to do?

[QUOTE=Njoy32;48078799]
    The way Allen Brack talks implies that he is hiding something, he is using words like:
    or
    - " we THINK we have a way to have the old WoW version work on the modern infrastructure and feel really good."
    [QUOTE]so when someone uses the word THINK he is hiding something? have you tried a school to learn about words? ^^

So based on this i believe that Classic is more "ready" then they lead us to believe, now what are they plans to release it with the new expansion coming and all i cant say my guess would be inbetween Legion and BFA, specially if we have as much time between the expansions than we did with WoD and BFA.
    Sorry but you are complete DELUSIONAL if you believe classic will be released before/with bfa.
    they are just starting to figure out things like 10 or 15 men for ubrs and are in the hiring of people for realising classic which has to - besides other hurdles - implemented into todays battle.net......

My source: I study psychology and play poker, so i got pretty good at reading people
    well your post has just proven you fail at it, hard

Quote Originally Posted by DeleteMyAccountMMOCSUX View Post
    I suspect Blizzard is ramping up the Classic dev team, and are pursuing some of the Nost developers.
    A few WoW streamers, with additional info, are alluding to this also.
    Got any links for that?

Deleted
    THey have the whole game up and running, also is this the same blizzard that created overwatch from 0 to finished product in 2 years? Surely setting up a vanilla server cant take even remotely close to that much.
    are you really that silly? overwatch wasnt done in 2 years becuase you have to count the years they worked on TITAN too....
    and its not just setting up a server but it has to be integrated.

Deleted
    [QUOTE=Drudatz;48079528]Hello Mr Arm-Chair-Developer-who doesnt believe the people who are doing classic.

but they HAVE NOT.
    you dont believe the nost people you dont believe blizzard. ignore the fact that they are still hiring people or not even have chosen how to release classic and which patch..... but for the love of god get yourself a blog and dont come here and write about your believes that are as silly as claimg every fish needs a bycycle....

WTF dude, how HIGH are you? redeem themself for shutting down a SHITTY PIRATE server, something they do all the time and have EVEREY right to do?

[QUOTE=Njoy32;48078799]
    or
    so when someone uses the word THINK he is hiding something? have you tried a school to learn about words? ^^

Sorry but you are complete DELUSIONAL if you believe classic will be released before/with bfa.
    they are just starting to figure out things like 10 or 15 men for ubrs and are in the hiring of people for realising classic which has to - besides other hurdles - implemented into todays battle.net......

Take a chillpill nerd.

Deleted
    [QUOTE=Drudatz;48079528]Hello Mr Arm-Chair-Developer-who doesnt believe the people who are doing classic.

but they HAVE NOT.

[QUOTE=Njoy32;48078799]
    or
    so when someone uses the word THINK he is hiding something? have you tried a school to learn about words? ^^

No they are not figuring out 15 man or 10man UBRS lol, you talk about a community made poll, show me 1 source of blizzard asking this question? In fact Ion said there will be NO CHANGES, the only question is, wich part of vanilla to start from, so yea you dont even know what u talking about, take that chillpill bruv

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drudatz View Post
    are you really that silly? overwatch wasnt done in 2 years becuase you have to count the years they worked on TITAN too....
    Blizzard LITERALLY said it them selves, so whos silly now?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Drudatz View Post
    They said they have a version of the game up and running, like do even know anything about this situation?!?!?!