Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Cause he thinks they are cute, " HI, I THINK YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL" doesn't mean you have to do anything with that, maybe it's just being honest and saying " Oh hey, You look beautiful, I would like to get to know you better and see if your personality matches"
    You don't get Anduin.. re-read his posts please. You're talking about something completely different.

No. it fucking really isn't this sounds like the biggest load of horseshit in the world, a person would have to be really fucked on themselves if they thought that. Unless it was in the wrong setting, it's real easy to say no thanks.

Certainly better than "I saw you from across the room and realized you have a nice ass, but with those big bird legs and this Captain Morgan, I am thinking as long as you don't look at me directly in the face, you might get lucky."

Or walk up and be like "Hey I was sitting over there staring at you for 3 hours and wanted to come over and ask what your hair smells like, princess."
    Yes, it is cringe. You don't walk up to people and start out by saying you think they're really cute and that you had to come over to say hi and then try to shake their hand.
    Last edited by Player Twelve; 2017-11-18 at 06:16 PM.

Cause he thinks they are cute, " HI, I THINK YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL" doesn't mean you have to do anything with that, maybe it's just being honest and saying " Oh hey, You look beautiful, I would like to get to know you better and see if your personality matches"
    The thing is, women generally don't respond well to that kind of lead in. As a women myself, if someone came up to me and said that, I'd get away from them as fast as possible. Granted, not all women are turned off by that style of conversation but a lot of women are. Especially in today's society where women are being treated as nothing more than being around for men's pleasure.

Come on, man. You don't say the first thing that comes to your mind. And you don't start a conversation with "You're cute." That's creepy and weird, and puts the recipient on edge, unless she (or he) is piss-drunk. Everything depends on the situation and context. If you sat down with a cute girl over a coffee meeting for work-related purposes, would you say "Oh you're cute. Now let's get on with business." Fuck no.

I don't know how people can be so dense about this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naadir View Post
    You don't get Anduin.. re-read his posts please. You're talking about something completely different.
    Well the only question I have was the setting, because if he is just randomly doing this at work, in a professional setting and what not, yeah. But I assume he means in a setting where this kind of thing happens.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dwarfhamster View Post
    Come on, man. You don't say the first thing that comes to your mind. And you don't start a conversation with "You're cute." That's creepy and weird, and puts the recipient on edge, unless she (or he) is piss-drunk. Everything depends on the situation and context. If you sat down with a cute girl over a coffee meeting for work-related purposes, would you say "Oh you're cute. Now let's get on with business." Fuck no.

I don't know how people can be so dense about this.
    I do, what the hell is the sense of beating around the bush, I mean there are other things that might come first to my mind, but I would edit those out of tact, I don't find a thing wrong with telling someone I think they are beautiful or good looking when appropriate. It doesn't mean I expect anything in return, or for them to appreciate it, because whether I like them or not it still true.

I don't like pretenses, I like to be honest and upfront, and most women I have come across enjoy that unless it is the wrong place or time.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    Because everyone knows people who randomly compliment strangers are really just catcalling.

That is: you're a "nice guy" and everyone knows "nice guys" (mind the quotes) are not really nice.

You gave a compliment and you expected a positive response. The compliment wasn't for them. It was for you.

Besides, who seriously compliments strangers? If you wanna flirt with someone, just ball up and do it. Trust me, you'll go a lot further with the ladies if you come across as "The guy who's interested in you." and not "The guy's who's clearly interested in you by pretending to be friendly to get pity sex."
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Some people are afraid of creepy strangers, some are not.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Darkener View Post
    If you've never worked with Orthodox Jews then you have no idea how dirty they are. Yes, they are very dirty and I don't mean just hygiene
    Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    most of the rioters were racist black people with a personal hatred for white people, and it was those bigots who were in fact the primary force engaged in the anarchistic and lawless behavior in Charlottesville.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Under Your Spell View Post
    Yes, it is cringe. You don't walk up to people and start out by saying you think they're really cute and that you had to come over to say hi and then try to shake their hand.
    No it isn't cringe your immature bullshit attitude is cringe, seriously how fucking old are you. Are you a princess or some shit, you don't mingle with the common folk. I mean yeah I get it some guys use compliments as a pick up line wrong place wrong time as I have said.

But if someone is just trying to be friendly and showing some interest, I don't find that cringeworthy unless you are simply fucking stuck on yourself. If that is the case well then by all means cringe away.

You got some nice people saying thank you.
    You got fuckloads of people having autism and being retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    Why is it that a person would act rudely towards you when you walk up to them and make them a compliment, like that they are cute? Isn't this a big contradiction? Very often, people will just respond with "thank you", even if they then keep on walking, but sometimes you get very harsh reactions.

They don't find you attractive, they think you're a creep. If they found you attractive they'd be flattered.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

No it isn't cringe your immature bullshit attitude is cringe, seriously how fucking old are you. Are you a princess or some shit, you don't mingle with the common folk. I mean yeah I get it some guys use compliments as a pick up line wrong place wrong time as I have said.

But if someone is just trying to be friendly and showing some interest, I don't find that cringeworthy unless you are simply fucking stuck on yourself. If that is the case well then by all means cringe away.
    Yeah, it is cringe. Nothing you say will change that. You don't walk up to random people and say you think they're cute and that you had to come over and say hi. You just don't. That's not socially smooth. Only socially stunted people would think that's a good way to initiate a conversation with someone to show interest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Women typically don't want to deal with random men only interested in sex and saying you're leering at a girl and their looks just made you have to come say hi, is kinda a big signal of what you're looking for. If you truly must compliment someone, try to be a bit more nuanced than just "hey you look hot", like complimenting their shoes or some such. Desperation for sex is something people can just pick up on a subtle level and neither sex is really interested in desperation. Also who shakes hands outside of a business environment?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taedae View Post
    The thing is, women generally don't respond well to that kind of lead in. As a women myself, if someone came up to me and said that, I'd get away from them as fast as possible. Granted, not all women are turned off by that style of conversation but a lot of women are. Especially in today's society where women are being treated as nothing more than being around for men's pleasure.
    They do if they are immature or stuck on themselves. You are correct some women are into whatever pretentious bullshit or game some idiots spew off to say the exact same shit only in dishonest way.

But I think it is much better to be up front, rather someone who has confidence in themselves and self respect. Nothing spectacular about a someone who lies to themselves and expect people to reinforce that dishonesty.

They get all mad when you say, "Nice tits", ""Nice ass", or "I want to fuck you in the ass."

Women. Who can figure them out?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Under Your Spell View Post
    Yeah, it is cringe. Nothing you say will change that. You don't walk up to random people and say you think they're cute and that you had to come over and say hi. You just don't. That's not socially smooth. Only socially stunted people would think that's a good way to initiate a conversation with someone to show interest.
    Yeah you do just walk up to anyone you want say whatever you want provided it is the right forum, and you are right nothing I am going to say is going to change that or you me, but honestly as I said, it's better to know these things up front than beat around the bush and play some game while you keep losing.

Fuck smooth, I rather someone down to earth.

If I was on the street and some stranger just walked up to me and said that I’d go:

Now if it was some social gathering then that’s a different story.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudkobing View Post
    They get all mad when you say, "Nice tits", ""Nice ass", or "I want to fuck you in the ass."

Women. Who can figure them out?
    Well all that and or saying " I think you are cute"

Yeah you do just walk up to anyone you want say whatever you want provided it is the right forum, and you are right nothing I am going to say is going to change that or you me, but honestly as I said, it's better to know these things up front than beat around the bush and play some game while you keep losing.

Fuck smooth, I rather someone down to earth.
    If you want to scare everyone away, sure, you can continue doing that, it's not going to work with any woman who is mentally healthy.

They do if they are immature or stuck on themselves. You are correct some women are into whatever pretentious bullshit or game some idiots spew off to say the exact same shit only in dishonest way.

But I think it is much better to be up front, rather someone who has confidence in themselves and self respect. Nothing spectacular about a someone who lies to themselves and expect people to reinforce that dishonesty.
    Mall, I never thought you're one of those like Anduin--where you expect a woman to respond positively to anything you do, as if you're God's gift to women-kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xChurch View Post
    Women typically don't want to deal with random men only interested in sex and saying you're leering at a girl and their looks just made you have to come say hi, is kinda a big signal of what you're looking for. If you truly must compliment someone, try to be a bit more nuanced than just "hey you look hot", like complimenting their shoes or some such. Desperation for sex is something people can just pick up on a subtle level and neither sex is really interested in desperation. Also who shakes hands outside of a business environment?
    Well I don't know about the shaking hands, but if this is in a professional setting then yeah, this would be inappropriate.