Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    It might make them nervous, but that wasn't the question. The question was why do they react rudely?
    Because they don't like to be approached by creepy people.

It's not rocket science.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    People in the same class/school
    There was a day when you first got to school. All the other kids were strangers. How did you make friends with them if you never talked to strangers?

There was a day when you first got to school. All the other kids were strangers. How did you make friends with them if you never talked to strangers?
    We were talking about talking to complete strangers on the street, not in school as a kid.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    It's going to fail more often than succeed. Just because you only remember the 1 out of 100 times it worked, doesn't make it a good strategy.
    lol of course it fails more often than it succeeds

what else do you expect?

most girls are gonna say no

always

- - - Updated - - -

You mentioned they "might not be available to guys at all". Available for what?
    Talking.

Well if you're approaching you're hundreds of women a week
    Where did I say hundreds of women a week?

It might make them nervous, but that wasn't the question. The question was why do they react rudely?

If they said "I'm sorry this makes me uncomfortable", that wouldn't be rude behaviour. That's not what I'm talking about.
    You're not entitled to people telling you they're sorry for not liking your behaviour. Your question has been answered 500 times by now. You act invasively, only a few people will react positively to it for whichever reason.

And like you yourself have miraculously said 'SOME PEOPLE'. This applies to everything. Some people are just rude assholes. Some people just don't like your behaviour, some people just aren't interested regardless of circumstances, some people x reason, some people y reason.

Your compliments aren't always going to be taken as compliments alone, but simply bait to get in their pants. And from your post history, it's an accurate notion.

Deleted
    And the OP wonders why he can't get laid without paying

Self-awareness is a wonderful thing

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    Walking up to a person you don't know and telling them they are cute isn't something normal people do.
    Yeah you're right. The norm is for guys to not have the guts to do this. I'm definitely not normal in that regard. I'm proud of that.

Yeah you're right. The norm is for guys to not have the guts to do this. I'm definitely not normal in that regard. I'm proud of that.
    The norm is to not be creepy about it. You still haven't figured that part out.

Deleted
    You sound entitled as fuck. They don't owe you shit just because you complimented them or were nice.
    What a dumb response. If you get a compliment and act like a cunt, you are a cunt. Has nothing to do with entitlement. Come back when you have an argument.

- - - Updated - - -

Most people don't. Or you wouldn't be bitching about all the negative feedback you get when you employ your creepy techniques.
    Most people do. The people who react negatively are the minority. I'm just wondering why anyone would react that way. It makes no sense logically.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    If you have a bad reputation of no honorable or redeeming qualities, people will have a harder time being diplomatic and practical instead of distrustful and in contempt of you, as you've proven to have ulterior motives and not act in good faith. All the compliments in the world can't change your image as your actions will always speak louder than your words ever will. A good gesture only gets you so far but means nothing if you don't back it up with action.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Because they don't like to be approached by creepy people.

It's not rocket science.
    Define creepy.

- - - Updated - - -

We were talking about talking to complete strangers on the street, not in school as a kid.
    You talked about school.

What a dumb response. If you get a compliment and act like a cunt, you are a cunt. Has nothing to do with entitlement. Come back when you have an argument.

- - - Updated - - -

Most people do. The people who react negatively are the minority. I'm just wondering why anyone would react that way. It makes no sense logically.
    If you get a compliment from a creepy dude, you are welcome to act like a cunt. Blaming others for your failings is a sign of a clear lack of maturity.

- - - Updated - - -

Define creepy.

- - - Updated - - -

You talked about school.
    Use the dictionary definition. Women find guys like you to be very creepy.

You talked about school.
    ... You asked how people make friends if they don't talk to complete strangers on the street. You can't just ignore the context.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    And the OP wonders why he can't get laid without paying

Self-awareness is a wonderful thing
    I wonder, do you keep flinging the same insult at me to make yourself feel better about your own condition?

Ah... self-awareness.

Deleted
    ... You asked how people make friends if they don't talk to complete strangers on the street. You can't just ignore the context.
    So talking to strangers on the street = not ok

Talking to strangers in a building = ok

Why?

You definitely ARE antisocial.
    I'm not, actually. I interact just fine with people who I see on a recurring basis. I'm not mean or rude when I talk, and I'll hold a conversation as long as the other person wants to.

But what I don't like is talking to random people for no reason, especially if I have no expectation that I'll ever see them again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

If they said "I'm sorry this makes me uncomfortable", that wouldn't be rude behaviour. That's not what I'm talking about.
    90% of the time when I'm out of my house, I'm busy. Just got off work, long shift, buying ice cream and ibuprofen, definitely do not want to talk to anyone, I'm highly charged anyway, my thoughts are a mile away, and an interruption might set me off.

Oh, shit, were you the guy who hit on me in line at Walgreens last week?

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

So talking to strangers on the street = not ok

Talking to strangers in a building = ok

Why?
    That's not what I said.

People don't like when random people start talking about them in the middle of their day. It doesn't matter if what they are talking about is positive or not.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    The norm is to not be creepy about it. You still haven't figured that part out.
    Define creepy.