Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Your worst nightmares.

The difference between yesterday and today. This is why I have nightmares, because a lot of you don't understand what you are.

Blizzard decisions to monetize the leveling experience, while funneling everyone into raiding or whatever casual endgame experience you choose, is the difference. I just can't take this anymore and why I want "Classic like" rather than Classic, because I have played that shit twice and I want something new.

It works like this and it's pretty simple if you think about it.

Attention to detail and the percentage of monetary resources Blizzard are willing to throwing at it. The detail is removed through the leveling experience - the nixxed are, class quests(Legion doesn't count I'm talking Paladin and Warlock Mount quests. Class Quests in Legion are equal to Tier .5 quests), attunement quests, weapon quests, and that's just the quest side of thing. You needed Abom Sinew, you ran Stratholme til your nose bleeds. So do others, and it forced grouping

Your choice of class was "cool" based on a lot of things. Classic allowed you play an archetype, rather than "role" like DPSing, Healing, or Tanking. And balancing around that. But the time investment meant that if you decided "opps" don't like this, LOL, 14 DAYS TO 60, meant a lost player that would quit.

Blizzard, as a business decision, has decided - this is not Okay. I don't agree with this and here is why.

What made Classic Classic, all of that is lost, in favor of large percentage of resources dedicated to raiding and class balance. So, it make sense that if your end game is where it's at - that you'd fall short on the journey, or even allowing someone to skip it entirely (up to a point). Because you want players seeing your resources and enjoying it.

It's almost like a mathematical equation.

(New Players + Skip or Don't leveling(Paying to do it) + Current content) + (Time Investment(Time Gating) + End Game(Playing Habits)) = You

And everything revolves around it. Or something similar. This is called a business decision based on human behavior and it's completely sociopathic. While you have people eating this shit up.

Current leveling experience at the start of the expansion is a time gate. This allows Blizzard to iron out bugs and bullshit. World First Achievements are players literally testing how broken this shit is. Blizzard can't be everywhere and they know it. So they bait people into WF???, because you know someone is going find a way to do it in an hour and call you a scrub for reading the quests like some NERD.

So Blizzard puts you on a rail with an illusion of choice, you think you are playing a game. But you are just a mathematical equation. What you bring to the table does matter, and that's money.

And with 15 years experience, Blizzard knows how and why you play this fucking game and that's how we got Legion. Enjoy your nightmares.

Completely defeats the purpose of what Classic/Vanilla was... the "journey", the nice slow pace of levelling and meeting/seeing people on your travels... the community. Doubt Blizzard would be stupid enough to shoot themselves in the foot, alienating away the people they're trying to attract in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Completely defeats the purpose of what Classic/Vanilla was... the "journey", the nice slow pace of levelling and meeting/seeing people on your travels... the community. Doubt Blizzard are that stupid to shoot themselves in the foot to alienate away the people they're trying to attract in the first place.
    But, that's why you think you do, but you don't. This is exactly why. People want Classic, sure. I thought I did. You want something similar but not replaying 60 over and over again. If they do a ladder sort of thing. Come on. You are telling me, you don't want an alternate route eventually? Bullshit, plain bullshit, and Blizzard knows it. So, just start from the ground up with "like Classic" core design philosophy. If you think you want level 60 ladder servers, you are wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by FreaknRhinos View Post
    But, that's why you think you do, but you don't. This is exactly why. People want Classic, sure. I thought I did. You want something similar but not replaying 60 over and over again. If they do a ladder sort of thing. Come on. You are telling me, you don't want an alternate route eventually? Bullshit, plain bullshit, and Blizzard knows it. So, just start from the ground up with "like Classic" core design philosophy. If you think you want level 60 ladder servers, you are wrong.
    Jesus Christ, you're acting like there isn't already a large community of people who still play vanilla. If Blizzard makes "their own version of vanilla" then people will just keep playing on private servers.

Quote Originally Posted by HitRefresh View Post
    Jesus Christ, you're acting like there isn't already a large community of people who still play vanilla. If Blizzard makes "their own version of vanilla" then people will just keep playing on private servers.
    LMAO. Don't kid yourself, that shit is full of bots and god knows what. There is a community that would go back to the design philosophies and that's it. I'm not willing to Ladder 60 for 15 bucks a month, plus expansion.

You think you do, but you won't is more like it.

I'm not willing to Ladder 60 for 15 bucks a month, plus expansion.
    Then do not play it. No one is forcing you.

Deleted
    My worst nightmare is Titanforging in classic. XD

The difference between yesterday and today. This is why I have nightmares, because a lot of you don't understand what you are.

So Blizzard puts you on a rail with an illusion of choice, you think you are playing a game.
    Not only is your post horrific grammatically, this grandiose statement is off putting.

In lieu of your wall of text:

Step 1: Blizzard saw aspects of retail wow throughout the years that negatively impacted the experience for a portion of players who would quit

Step 2: Blizzard made changes to those aspects so that less players would quit

Outcome 1: Those changes meant that some players no longer played because retail no longer provided what they wanted

Belief 1: Classic WoW is argued to contain the aspects these players want

Outcome 2: Blizzard has concluded that the costs of implementation does not exceed the profitability of those players who would want to play classic so they will create Classic servers.

Question for you: Why would Blizzard re-implement the changes that drove away this player base in the first place?

Quote Originally Posted by Uurdz View Post

Question for you: Why would Blizzard re-implement the changes that drove away this player base in the first place?
    Personal attacks? Really? Grow up.

They aren't re-implementing them. That is where your delusional mind has taken the bait. It's the core design choices from Classic that you are in love with.

This is a chance for Blizzard to redeem themselves and go a completely different, but coded, direction. Lore changes galore, it's a wet dream. It could be no different than a reboot with a Classic mind set.

You are a little sheep. You eat the same thing your gut tells you too, every time you drive your ass to Mcdonalds. You are a scared little child.

This is a chance. If Blizzard does a Ladder 60 Server mind set, they blew it big time.

They aren't re-implementing them. That is where your delusional mind has taken the bait. It's the core design choices from Classic that you are in love with.

This is a chance for Blizzard to redeem themselves and go a completely different, but coded, direction. Lore changes galore, it's a wet dream. It could be no different than a reboot with a Classic mind set.

You are a little sheep. You eat the same thing your gut tells you too, every time you drive your ass to Mcdonalds. You are a scared little child.

This is a chance. If Blizzard does a Ladder 60 Server mind set, they blew it big time.
    What I take from this is you want Blizzard to make a new WoW game based off Vanilla just to please you.

Who are you to think you know what we think?
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Your OP was a personal attack on basically everyone, i just called you out on it.

What exactly is it that you expect Blizzard to be doing here?

lol

/10char

the thing is tho they cant "fix" live

so an alternative like having servers of previous expansions is better than not having them at all..

also i would love them to go beyond just classic obviously, that would make way more sense, cuz the game after vanilla changed alot.. there is a huge difference between vanilla and wotlk for example.. and there is an even bigger difference between wotlk and legion
    Last edited by Craaazyyy; 2017-11-19 at 01:09 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    And here I thought I should bring up my recurring nightmare involving nuclear war next time I go to therapy but damn, man, I could do a thesis paper on the OP for a doctorate in psychology.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

I'm not sure if this thread was intended to be a satire comedy or what, but it really delivers.

Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    And here I thought I should bring up my recurring nightmare involving nuclear war next time I go to therapy but damn, man, I could do a thesis paper on the OP for a doctorate in psychology.
    No debate, just personal attacks. Great. You know when you post an unpopular opinion and it's good when you get comments like this.

Y'all just don't want to admit that, a Classic mind set reboot, it would be far superior. Keep reaching for what you already had, and not for anything new. See how far that takes you in life.

Keep eating the same things. Bland palates.

No debate, just personal attacks. Great. You know when you post an unpopular opinion and it's good when you get comments like this.

Y'all just don't want to admit that, a Classic mind set reboot, it would be far superior. Keep reaching for what you already had, and not for anything new. See how far that takes you in life.

Keep eating the same things. Bland palates.
    Literally every single one of your post is attacking the reader. You've not articulated your points in a way which is understandable.

Maybe it's because I've been awake for like 40 hours, but I'm a little confused on what this thread is about.

No, there are people wanting Classic, end of story. You strike me as someone wanting Classic to spawn into a different version of WoW, with progression past Classic made to fit your own tastes.

Don't want it? Don't play it.

Quote Originally Posted by Uurdz View Post
    Literally every single one of your post is attacking the reader. You've not articulated your points in a way which is understandable.
    Maybe because you think you do, but you don't. Level 60 Ladder Servers will not justify 15 a month, plus expansions. You can either expect a F2P mess with exp boosts to 60, or expect a "Classic like server." Level 60 Ladders will either be too fast for scrubs or long enough that you won't want to reset.

I have seen a post mentioning transferring NOSTS toons over to Classic.

Purists are in for a rude awaking because of the nightmares you think you have. You seriously don't want Blizzard to waste the resources. A Ladder 60 will be a failure.