Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Thumbs up HD Graphics option please?

Please? I don't care if you keep everything the way it was, including bugs, imbalances and annoyances and inconveniences, all of it 100% the same, but can we please please please get an optional enhanced graphics for everything? I don't imagine it to be hard since all the enhanced graphics are already in the game and can simply just be pointed to when selected instead of the default old look. It's already being done on these illegal "private" servers.

I think even if Blizzard does make changes or additions like HD graphics, and if there are people who are not happy with that, they won't be able to leave it and go back to private servers because private servers will simply not exist anymore because it's going to be more difficult to keep them up when the very same game whose IP they are stealing is available by Blizzard.

I am only asking for this because I wanna play it in both versions, old and new just to keep things interesting. My argument for this is that I would play it in default graphics first and level an alt with modern graphics on. I think it'd be good for the longevity of the game since the vets will not live forever and the game will not die with them.

Deleted
    I 100% agree with this. Graphics are an option that varies on an individual basis. I simply don't understand people who voice the opinion that everybody should be forced to use the old graphics. Make it an option: if you want the old character models etc then you can still have those.

Why does it bother you which way other players choose to view the game if it doesn't effect you? It has 0 effect on gameplay or community.

the thing is that both options for old and new ones wouldnt be possible.. just like its not possible now

so im all for old ones, thanks

Why do you want to play a 2004 game with 2017 assets / models? Play retail if you need the new shiny things. Vanilla should be untouched in terms of graphics.

Quote Originally Posted by Craaazyyy View Post
    the thing is that both options for old and new ones wouldnt be possible.. just like its not possible now

so im all for old ones, thanks
    What do you mean "just like it's not possible now"? I already mentioned people are doing it on illegal servers. You can easily google it yourself and many people make youtube videos showing their vanilla wow running with WoD graphics and are happy about it because to them, it's like playing a new game all over again, as in after having already leveled a 60 with old graphics and finished naxx.

Quote Originally Posted by RemasteredClassic View Post
    What do you mean "just like it's not possible now"? I already mentioned people are doing it on illegal servers. You can easily google it yourself and many people make youtube videos showing their vanilla wow running with WoD graphics and are happy about it because to them, it's like playing a new game all over again, as in after having already leveled a 60 with old graphics and finished naxx.
    on private servers you have to change your client in order to have new or old ones...

and on live servers they for some reason dont have that option btw.. why?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    Why do you want to play a 2004 game with 2017 assets / models? Play retail if you need the new shiny things. Vanilla should be untouched in terms of graphics.
    I just don't understand why you care so much about how the game looks on my PC versus yours? Would you care if I played wow live on low settings vs max? It literally doesn't effect you or anybody else.

Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    Why are you forcing people like me to play it in its original 2004 graphics? My suggestion doesn't say anywhere that I am forcing players like you to play it with new graphics.

- - - Updated - - -

on private servers you have to change your client in order to have new or old ones...
    that's not true, you simply copy/paste the patch containing new models into the data folder and that's it, if you dont wanna see new models, you rename the patch file to something else since there is no official toggle, it becomes as simple as renaming a file.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Old graphics had it's charm on small shoddy low resolution screens but had to be updated going forward. It'll be necessary to update it for most players to bother enduring classic going forward.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Why are you forcing people like me to play it in its original 2004 graphics? My suggestion doesn't say anywhere that I am forcing players like you to play it with new graphics.

- - - Updated - - -

that's not true, you simply copy/paste the patch containing new models into the data folder and that's it, if you dont wanna see new models, you rename the patch file to something else since there is no official toggle, it becomes as simple as renaming a file.

well i'll be cool with upgrading the vanilla models up to wrath standarts, but i dont want completely new WOD models and i definitely dont want new spell animations

if they can implement new shit without removing old ones then sure, whatever

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Yes please. I swear to god I never want to see those shitty old models ever again.

Just add an option to flick them on and off, sure you can't do that on live, but that's due to new animations which Vanilla won't have.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiwack View Post
    Old graphics had it's charm on small shoddy low resolution screens but had to be updated going forward. It'll be necessary to update it for most players to bother enduring classic going forward.
    Well said. I just don't know if this can be discussed like this on the official Blizzard classic forums given how aggressive some people are with anything that suggests an optional addition to the game. Keyword here is "optional addition" not a change of anything already existing and not an addition that would alter gameplay in any way. I know this logic can be easily trolled by saying others might start wanting more optional things, but here I am not saying I want things like this elsewhere in the game and strictly just wanting an option for enhanced graphics.

Deleted
    Am I missing something? As far as I'm aware, you can toggle old + new models on Live. Apart from the elves as they had to update the animations for Demon Hunters or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Benanah View Post
    Am I missing something? As far as I'm aware, you can toggle old + new models on Live. Apart from the elves as they had to update the animations for Demon Hunters or something?
    I'm referring to the entire game, not just player models.

Deleted
    I'm referring to the entire game, not just player models.
    Ah right I see, sorry about that. I'm in favour of this if it could be toggled, like a Vanilla remastered vibe
    Last edited by mmoc3689889693; 2017-11-19 at 02:05 AM. Reason: bad at quotes

I think they should be left out, to differentiate WoW Classic from contemporary WoW. I think there is a lot of charm in the shitty old models, even though they are undoubtedly shitty. Unless Blizzard decides that they are going for a Vanilla Remastered approach, with balanced classes and small QOL features, I think we should be stuck with the classic models.

Let's take it up a notch and rebuild the entire game in Unreal 4 with hyper realistic graphics and models! :O

Quote Originally Posted by Benanah View Post

actually you cant toggle the old models.. cuz they're not actually old.. they're new models that only kinda look visually like old ones, but every animation(running etc.) is new

Deleted
    actually you cant toggle the old models.. cuz they're not actually old.. they're new models that only kinda look visually like old ones, but every animation(running etc.) is new
    Oh yeah, damn. I'm sure the old models still had the old animations in WoD. weird.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree here.
    I don't care how the rest of the game is.
    But if the new models can be toggled on and off depending on your preference I am all in for it.
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup