182 50.98%
  • You don't have an active WoW subscription, you want QoL changes/balances

22 6.16%
  • You don't have an active WoW subscription, you want "pure" Classic

88 24.65%
Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

If You are planning on playing on Classic Server

It would be interesting to know where all these change requests are coming from. Please, skip this poll if You are not interested in Classic WoW.
    You have an active WoW subscription, you want QoL changes/balances;
    You have an active WoW subscription, you want "pure" Classic;
    You don't have an active WoW subscription, you want QoL changes/balances;
    You don't have an active WoW subscription, you want "pure" Classic.

* pure means either patch 1.1 or 1.12 or anything in between.
    ** no active subscription means you are not planning on resubscribing.

Question for moderators: Can You alter the poll options? I would like to add one more option
    I'm not interested in Classic WoW, yet I want QoL changes/balances.
    Last edited by Mushkins; 2017-11-18 at 12:11 PM.

Some people may want QoL changes, but not balance changes. Moving on, active subscription means nothing in an age where people cancel/re-sub frequently. This is a poor poll.

Here is what I think:

- No balance changes, start from 1.12.1 (or whatever Nost was). Could effectively mean buffing certain encounters a bit to compensate trivialization, if there is any.
    - Gate content when it makes sense (e.g., Blackwing -> Nax/Ahn'Qiraj)
    - Updated client with updates graphics with a toggle option
    - No QoL changes, including area loot, lower respect cost, etc.

I voted for "pure" option, but not updating graphics is a deal-breaker for me. I'll try it regardless, but I probably won't stay for long.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mushkins View Post
    Question for moderators: Can You alter the poll options? I would like to add one more option
    This is a fucking dumb option. Why would people say they want changes in something they won't play?
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2017-11-18 at 11:52 AM.

Have active sub. Want "pure" Classic.

What the fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Have active sub. Want "pure" Classic.

What the fuck.
    Believe it or not I have seen people in threads arguing for changes but then immediately after saying they have zero interest in it anyways. I pretty much just assume they are lying, but hey people are weird these days.

We should make camps for people that advocate to change vanilla
    Quote Originally Posted by Sassafrass View Post
    It's a Horde symbol but the middle part can also be called the "Eye" of the zone (AZSHARA), it's a play on words
    No, it is happening. The zone changed, it belongs to the Goblins now and is their home. Hearthstone is having a mechanical themed expansion soon, November's cardback is Goblin influenced and revealed concept art shows Goblin machinery. It's a HS expansion, sorry.

Blizzard would never release "pure" Classic server due to things like this:

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

10+ Year Old Account
    I voted for the first, but for different reason than people think.

I wrote a few times now I have hopes for one of two scenarios happening:

- We start at patch 1.0 and go through everything until we reach patch 1.12. Bugs and exploits excluded, they should get fixed as soon as possible.
    - We only get a single patch, a 1.13 "best of" basically, which cherry picks from the various things we had in Vanilla. For example, we have all the redone talent trees and can immediatly go into Dire Maul, Zul'Gurub and do the T0.5 questline before we even enter MC. However, we still have the 1.5 or 1.8 version of Alterac Valley instead of the 1.11 one. We also have dungeons without many of the later nerfs (unless the boss was bugged/unkillable without them). We maybe even have some buffed up mobs due to the fact that we can get our hands on better gear and maybe itemize some of the T1 and T2 gear better just to actually have a reason to use them over level 55 blues from dungeons.

I think the second option is more likely due to it then being the "evergreen classic" that doesn't need any changes over the years and can stay there for all eternity. Still, this would include changes, so I voted for the first option. The only QoL things I really would like to see would be a toggle option for autloot (it was possible in Vanilla if you were holding down shift while looting), an extra bar for voice lines, which was only added in MoP or WoD I think and finally visible mob HP, which could be simulated using addons anyways.

i have sub, i want pure classic, but only out of curiosity, i don't intend to play much on legacy server, since i tried the game back then, it was shit, but i am curious to give it another go after all those years

10+ Year Old Account
    I have an active WoW subscribe, most likely won't play classic but would expect it to be what vanilla was - except some of the major bugs fixed.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Just to let people see the poll.

The poll is going to be quite biased since a lot of people who will be playing Classic alongside Live are probably not lurking 24/7, whereas Vanilla players hyped for Classic probably lurk a lot more.

Beating a dead horse with this thread TBH.

Rofl .... I don't even ...

15+ Year Old Account
    You poll needs a "I have not yet made up my mind one way or the other, but I'm closely following the debate", option.

Let people see the poll.

It would be interesting to know where all these change requests are coming from. Please, skip this poll if You are not interested in Classic WoW.
    You have an active WoW subscription, you want QoL changes/balances;
    You have an active WoW subscription, you want "pure" Classic;
    You don't have an active WoW subscription, you want QoL changes/balances;
    You don't have an active WoW subscription, you want "pure" Classic.

* pure means either patch 1.1 or 1.12 or anything in between.
    ** no active subscription means you are not planning on resubscribing.

I think that WoW Classic should have "seasons." These seasons can function similarly to events, but be of a longer duration. The current "season" follows the rules of whatever patch it represents. There can even be "seasons" besides the patches. Such as: "balance season" - all the classes are balanced for this season. "Trying times season" all enemies in the game are boosted to be more difficult.

I also think they should have two kinds of classic servers. One they just totally leave alone. Pure Vanilla- for all the purists. Then have the "active" server that has all the "seasons" and activities that might upset the purists.

This can be really fun and engaging if done right.

10+ Year Old Account
    RULE 1: IF IT EXISTED IN VANILLA IT STAYS THE SAME IN CLASSIC
    RULE 2: IF IT DIDN'T EXIST IN VANILLA IT WON'T EXIST IN CLASSIC
    this all includes bug fixes not being part of classic(with exception of server lag and server crash)
    -Proffesional Necromancer-

10+ Year Old Account
    I want a pure classic, however I am open to class changes (minor tweaks). I am currently unsubbed and CATA was my last expansion

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Blizzard would never release "pure" Classic server due to things like this:
    um yes they will
    rogues are easily countered with reckoning(prot) paladins
    and mages beat rogues in pve dps

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    I am open to class changes (minor tweaks).
    that's not vanilla
    that's wow chocolate edition
    Last edited by skannerz22; 2017-11-19 at 01:52 PM.
    -Proffesional Necromancer-

10+ Year Old Account
    So long as the core gameplay and class mechanics remain the same, whatever. The only big change I'd actively push for is the ability to opt into the high-res player models (use the old models by default for the Classic feel). Anything else, no skin off my nose.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!