Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Shush you, I'm waiting for a Classic:WOD server!
    Haha

... It's funny now, but wait 10 more years and we shall see... :<

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Haha

... It's funny now, but wait 10 more years and we shall see... :<
    I suspect it will happen.
    But hopefully they will have the "Classic Expansions" paced correctly by that time and WoD will come and go quickly.
    Push it to the limit

#NoCollusion
    "The Special Counsel did not find that the Trump campaign, or anyone associated with it, conspired or coordinated with the Russian government in these efforts, despite multiple. offers from Russian-affiliated individuals to assist the Trump campaign."

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Give them a finger, they'll take the entire arm and then complain incessantly about not getting the leg as well.

Blizzard really opened Pandora's box here. Soon we'll have people screeching for Cata servers, MoP servers, Pristine WOTLK servers, Pristine Cata servers, Pristine MoP servers, WoD servers "but with the stuff that was cut added to it!" and so on...

they dont have to release every expansion instantly.. but releasing them one after another make alot of sense.. they would never even release classic if they didnt know that releasing other expansion wouldnt make alot of sense.. this took alot of time so could releasing shit after that

that doesnt mean that they will do that, but that would make alot of sense.. cuz more ppl loved tbc/wrath than vanilla to begin with

blizzard would be stupid if they cant realize how popular some things they've released were

If you want WoW progressed past Classic, Live is where it's at.

Why would they create 2 running versions of the same game, when they can just cater Classic to people wanting that experience, and keep catering the Live game to players wanting progress...?
    This.

You guys keep preaching about how any change to vanilla as it was makes it not vanilla. That includes adding stuff that was planned, but ultimately not added. It can still only be planned, otherwise it is isn't vanilla. You're making your own bed, now you have to sleep in it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Norrio View Post

-Azshara Crater
    -The Dragon Isles
    -The Emerald Dream
    -Hellfire Peninsula
    -Karazhan
    -Northrend
    -Black Temple
    -Mt. Hyal
    -Uldum
    -The Caverns of Time
    that's not vanilla, it doesn't belong in wow classic
    those are chocolate not vanilla
    if you want those things then go log into modern wow

-Proffesional Necromancer-

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by skannerz22 View Post
    that's not vanilla, it doesn't belong in wow classic
    those are chocolate not vanilla
    if you want those things then go log into modern wow
    Most of it already has it's foundation in the game files and are physically in the Classic game, for example the Azshara Crater entrances

Quote Originally Posted by Norrio View Post
    I am merely suggesting that they finish the content that they started working on after we have relived the Classic WoW experience and continue to build the game to the point they orginally intended it to be.
    That's called Legion.

Deleted
    You shouldn't treat the Classic Servers too serious, Blizzard won't either.

It is just for fun, like blizzard gave us the old Worldbosses now for the anniversary... they won't tweak those bosses or listen so anybody complaining that the drops are too good/bad. It is just a gift for us players.

The Classic Servers will be the same... it is a gift to us, or better the players that want some nostalgia.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    That's called Legion.
    actually that's called cataclysm
    -Proffesional Necromancer-

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Liebchen View Post
    You shouldn't treat the Classic Servers too serious, Blizzard won't either.

It is just for fun, like blizzard gave us the old Worldbosses now for the anniversary... they won't tweak those bosses or listen so anybody complaining that the drops are too good/bad. It is just a gift for us players.

The Classic Servers will be the same... it is a gift to us, or better the players that want some nostalgia.
    Why do you keep telling yourself this? Does it make you feel safe pretending that Classic won't be a success?
    I really don't understand how retail players can be so arrogant in refusing to believe a better version of the game might have existed and one that they themselves might enjoy more.

Most of the allegedly ''cut content, ready to ship'' was little more than notes on a paper. World of Warcraft owing much of it's design from the Warcraft 3 engine, made it easy to create simple zones. Old Hellfire peninsula is little more than a rough creation, using assets from warcraft 3 then given attention by the designers with the intent of bringing it up to world of Warcraft quality zone design. The Emerald dream is little more than a large flat plane, using mostly Warcraft 3 assets.

There is no database of old and cut content sittings at Blizzards office, with even 5% finished zones, dungeons and raids ready to go. There exist concepts, rough design ideas and some assets. Any released raid on top of Naxxramas will not be some raid, finished up by the current devs. It will have to be made almost entirely from scratch. At which point, there is no reason to do it anymore. It's much better to just carry on with the ideas of the developers from 10 years ago.

Realize that classic wow had some deep design issues, which were too deeply impeded into the game to gradually fix via balancing, and releasing new and more content. There is a reason why the Burning crusade contains an extreme amount of content at launch compared to that of later patches. At launch, TBC contained 15 dungeons and 5 raids. The developers didn't start on the Burning crusade following the release of Naxxramas. The Burning crusade was started much, much earlier.

In my opinion. Classic wow ended appropriately, with a new level cap, new dungeons, new raids, new quests, new talents, new races and a new profession. Everything wrong with Classic wow was practically solved over night. And nothing could be done to fix the current issues.

I'm not saying that classic wow is bad. It's good in it's own way. But it was never meant to be played for more than 2 years, and even that is stretching it. No new raid, with 10-15 bosses every 6-9 months is gonna keep the players interested. The server will have to reset, wiping all of the data every 20-30 months, or the servers will have to advance forward to TBC. You're not gonna be able to enjoy the same character in the same patch for 5 years.
    Patch 1.12, and not one step further!

I think comparing the old school runescape scenario to wow classic is a bit faulty because what triggered the massive wave of "purists" in the rs community was in short rs3. In one single mega update they basically went from bc to wod in one expansion and most people didn't recognize the game at all. Jagex figured they needed to get with the times but IMO they had gone too long with the traditional and modernized the game too quickly.

Also if we're gonna compare vanilla wow was broken in so many areas which is why pretty much everyone talk about whether it should be "fixed" instead of content updates.

OSRS that's almost as popular as rs3 is basically just a rs where the mega update never happened, save all the minor updates that have been polled.

If you want WoW progressed past Classic, Live is where it's at.

Why would they create 2 running versions of the same game, when they can just cater Classic to people wanting that experience, and keep catering the Live game to players wanting progress...?
    I would argue the way they are played are very different and to me, provide VERY different experiences.

I would love in many years that the older aspects of WoW were kept intact, but with new things to do. That can be as simple as converting to a TBC server.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    This.

You guys keep preaching about how any change to vanilla as it was makes it not vanilla. That includes adding stuff that was planned, but ultimately not added. It can still only be planned, otherwise it is isn't vanilla. You're making your own bed, now you have to sleep in it.
    Who is "you guys"?

Are you putting everyone who wanted a classic server in the same basket thinking they all want exactly the same thing?

Arent you totally devoid of imagination

Quote Originally Posted by duannyboy View Post
    Why do you keep telling yourself this? Does it make you feel safe pretending that Classic won't be a success?
    I really don't understand how retail players can be so arrogant in refusing to believe a better version of the game might have existed and one that they themselves might enjoy more.
    While this is entirely possible, I don't think it's Vanilla for most current players. Probably Wrath for most.

if classic is classic it IS classic. everything else makes 0 sense.

no plan what ppl expect. i personally just want classic. as it was. point.

god i hope blizz dont listen to some dumb fuckers and try to put in some effort for stuff nobody wants or needs that just want play... classic wow. as it fukin was.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    if classic is classic it IS classic. everything else makes 0 sense.

no plan what ppl expect. i personally just want classic. as it was. point.

god i hope blizz dont listen to some dumb fuckers and try to put in some effort for stuff nobody wants or needs that just want play... classic wow. as it fukin was.
    You are the minority. keep that in mind when saying dumb fuckers about yourself

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    Who is "you guys"?

Are you putting everyone who wanted a classic server in the same basket thinking they all want exactly the same thing?

Arent you totally devoid of imagination
    I think you're taking it too much to heart.

I'm trying to draw attention to the fact that not everyone wants the same thing from a classic server. I'm especially against the hardline purism that in no way can be satisfied.