Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure what team is going to take a game off Philly before the season ends.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Covfefe the Strong View Post
    Not sure what team is going to take a game off Philly before the season ends.
    You would have to guess in their 2 away games against either the Seahawks or the Rams is the biggest risk for dropping a game.

Then again, they might clinch homefield advantage by winning those and rest starters late in the year and lose to the Cowboys.

I doubt anyone cares anymore at that point though.

- - - Updated - - -

TBH, looking at the schedules for the Steelers and Patriots, they basically both only have a game against eachother (in Pittsburgh) that they won't be significantly favoured to win.

Jags basically only have a home game against the Seahawks that should worry them.

Vikings have away games at the Lions, at the Falcons and at the Panthers that are likely going to be tough and important.

Rams have the Saints visit next week and games against the Eagles and at the Seahawks. That's very tough.

Saints at Rams next week as said, then 2 games against the Falcons (hugely important) and a game against the Panthers.

Panthers have at the Saints, home for Vikings and then last week of the season an away game against the Falcons.

Tomorrow's (hopefully fun) game between the Falcons and Seahawks will determine wether 1 or both of those 2 should be included in the above list. Both have real tough schedules though.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    If Griffin can contain Julio somehow and Brown is active this week, I think we have a good chance. If Brown is out, don't know if Wilson will be able to scramble enough to conjure a win. We'll see though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bills were outscored 101-34 over their last two games. which made me wonder, when was the last time a team gave up 100 points over consecutive games? As far as I can tell it was the 2014 Bears who gave up 50+ points on either side of the bye, getting outscored 106-37 while giving up 5 TDs to Brady and 6 to Rodgers.

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Bills were outscored 101-34 over their last two games. which made me wonder, when was the last time a team gave up 100 points over consecutive games? As far as I can tell it was the 2014 Bears who gave up 50+ points on either side of the bye, getting outscored 106-37 while giving up 5 TDs to Brady and 6 to Rodgers.
    Yeah, it's pretty bad, particularly since 2014 Brady and Rodgers are a far cry from 2017 Drew Brees and Phillip Rivers. I'm not sure what's up with our defense; maybe everyone's already packed it in for the season.

I honestly thought they should have just left Peterman in today and let him play the second half. Let's be real: Tyrod wasn't bringing the Bills back from ~34 or whatever down in the second half. If you're gonna play Peterman, let him play some games and sink or swim on his own merits. By pulling him at halftime during a game you're 99% going to lose anyway, you're just undermining any confidence in him whatsoever. It's a bad sign that the coaching staff is wishy-washy about this. It's not even a home game, just let the kid play.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    You would have to guess in their 2 away games against either the Seahawks or the Rams is the biggest risk for dropping a game.

Then again, they might clinch homefield advantage by winning those and rest starters late in the year and lose to the Cowboys.
    Tomorrow will tell a lot, but I really don't have faith in the Seahawks defense to stop a nose bleed right now. With the offense being mood-swingy as well, I don't have much optimism more than another one and done year.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thesib View Post
    Yeah, it's pretty bad, particularly since 2014 Brady and Rodgers are a far cry from 2017 Drew Brees and Phillip Rivers. I'm not sure what's up with our defense; maybe everyone's already packed it in for the season.

I honestly thought they should have just left Peterman in today and let him play the second half. Let's be real: Tyrod wasn't bringing the Bills back from ~34 or whatever down in the second half. If you're gonna play Peterman, let him play some games and sink or swim on his own merits. By pulling him at halftime during a game you're 99% going to lose anyway, you're just undermining any confidence in him whatsoever. It's a bad sign that the coaching staff is wishy-washy about this. It's not even a home game, just let the kid play.
    How would setting a single-game record for interceptions thrown have affected his confidence? At least only 25,000 people were there.

- - - Updated - - -

I noticed that an earlier made kick by Lutz had the laces in, and on watching the replay also saw that the game winner had the laces in. Everything Ace Ventura taught me is a lie!

Didn't look like many at the Buffalo @ LA Chargers game lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I can still see Siragusa belly-flopping on Gannon's shoulder when I close my eyes so...
    I never thought I'd hate a team the way I hated the Ravens after that fat bastard pulled that off. It took me a year.

The tuck rule sent the direction of the Raiders and the Patriots in polar opposites for over a decade. We'd faced them a few times since but could never match up, now? Now we finally have a roster filled with talent, this was the first time since 2001 where we could go into a game and it wouldn't be a complete mismatch.

Instead we get utterly embarrased, completely dominated and spent several hours watching a wealth of talent suffer under abysmal coaching and play calling.

I'm done with week in week out of the same, and all JDR has to say is "I have no answers for you" If that's the responce a HC gives, it's time for that HC to go. I was less pissed when we sucked, drafted awfully and signed terrible FAs, because at least we didn't go into games with expectations. Now? We've far too much talent to let it go to waste.

Games like last night are games where someone should get fired.

Never been impressed with Del Rio as a head coach. Always seemed to me to be a slightly worse version of Jeff Fisher.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saladbar View Post
    Never been impressed with Del Rio as a head coach. Always seemed to me to be a slightly worse version of Jeff Fisher.
    There is a spectrum of coaches, and Fisher is in the middle.

Deleted
    So, apparently Mike McCoy gets to be the fall guy in Denver. Good night, sweet prince. Will this turn their ship around?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bajskorv View Post
    So, apparently Mike McCoy gets to be the fall guy in Denver. Good night, sweet prince. Will this turn their ship around?
    That ship has sank long ago. Broncos are a mess. Amazing Elway doesn't get more shit for his terrible job at evaluating QBs because of Peyton Manning numbing that truth.

Denver has fired Mike McCoy already. Probably needed to happen, the offensive playcalling was horrible. Turns out Prater and McGahee were the ones that were good enough to make a bad OC look good last time he was in Denver, not that he knew what he was doing.

Bill Musgrave will take over as OC, and Paxton Lynch will be likely starting the rest of the year. I kind of have hope for the offense now because the Raiders offense with Musgrave and without is completely different.

Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    That ship has sank long ago. Broncos are a mess. Amazing Elway doesn't get more shit for his terrible job at evaluating QBs because of Peyton Manning numbing that truth.
    Not even just QBs, the entire offensive side of the ball. Bolles is his only early o-line draft pick that hasn't been horrible since Orlando Franklin. Outside of those 2 the only o-lineman that was any good for Denver (I know Franklin sucked after) is a 6th round pick in Matt Paradis, so that is luck. None of his WRs or TEs have done anything yet too. Not to mention his RB busts. It has been interesting.

Now a lot of that could be the scouts, or he could just not be listening to the scouts. I'm pretty sure Kubiak moving to a scouting role was an attempt to fix this. Sadly it isn't something you can fixed instantly because it is a yearly cycle.
    Last edited by Grube; 2017-11-20 at 06:37 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    Denver has fired Mike McCoy already. Probably needed to happen, the offensive playcalling was horrible. Turns out Prater and McGahee were the ones that were good enough to make a bad OC look good last time he was in Denver, not that he knew what he was doing.

Bill Musgrave will take over as OC, and Paxton Lynch will be likely starting the rest of the year. I kind of have hope for the offense now because the Raiders offense with Musgrave and without is completely different.

Not even just QBs, the entire offensive side of the ball. Bolles is his only early o-line draft pick that hasn't been horrible since Orlando Franklin. Outside of those 2 the only o-lineman that was any good for Denver (I know Franklin sucked after) is a 6th round pick in Matt Paradis, so that is luck. None of his WRs or TEs have done anything yet too. Not to mention his RB busts. It has been interesting.

Now a lot of that could be the scouts, or he could just not be listening to the scouts. I'm pretty sure Kubiak moving to a scouting role was an attempt to fix this. Sadly it isn't something you can fixed instantly because it is a yearly cycle.
    They're alright with receivers. They know who to drop to FA and who to pick up, and I think Jake Butt will be good if he can ever get healthy again.

Evidently McCoy was calling plays in games that were never practiced. That explains why it looked like either the ball was thrown to the wrong area, or the WR ran the wrong route and timing was bad so much. Makes me wonder why he wasn't fired sooner.

Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    They're alright with receivers. They know who to drop to FA and who to pick up, and I think Jake Butt will be good if he can ever get healthy again.
    The problem with Butt was always going to be his knees. He doesn't rely on his legs to get open, so as long as they hold up he should be fine. Even before his injuries he was being compared to Witten, and whatever he does works even though he is really slow.

He has done alright in FA outside of the failed RT attempts, but there are so few good tackles it is hard to get one without severely overpaying. Issue is the guys drafted never making the transition. Could be any number of reasons, but it has been the same results.

10+ Year Old Account
    If I can join the coach firing chorus, can I submit Mr Vanilla himself? Cause while missing key pieces of the O and D harm a lot, god damn were some decisions dumb. They were less dumb this week, but argh.

i also decided watching an Archer marathon with the bf was a better use of my time than the last quarter and a half of the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    If I can join the coach firing chorus, can I submit Mr Vanilla himself? Cause while missing key pieces of the O and D harm a lot, god damn were some decisions dumb. They were less dumb this week, but argh.
    Michael Lombardi and Bill Simmons started refering to him as "The Clapper". And once you start paying attention to it, that's basically all you see him do too. Just clap as guys come off the field.

They had a terrible shot of him. Dak had just thrown a terrible interception and there was Garratt, clapping away. It's one of those easy to hate things once you start noticing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Michael Lombardi and Bill Simmons started refering to him as "The Clapper". And once you start paying attention to it, that's basically all you see him do too. Just clap as guys come off the field.

They had a terrible shot of him. Dak had just thrown a terrible interception and there was Garratt, clapping away. It's one of those easy to hate things once you start noticing it.
    He just has no energy (at least in public). He's not like Marvin Lewis bad with his behaviour ticks, but argh.

Also getting a bit tired of "bench Dak, bring back Romo or use the backup" Like...they'd do any better with no LTs? I really need to stop readining facebook comments.

Pretty clear we need to draft at least one more OL so we can move La'el collins. Probably was better at guard. Also Zack Martin's contract is coming up, and webetter pay him what he deserves or I'll blow a gasket.

10+ Year Old Account
    Terry Glenn died in a car crash this morning

I may be misremembering, but I feel like he played forever on the Cowboys and Patriots.