Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Objectively, Legion is the best expansion to date and by a wide margin. RNG is too random which hurts raiding, Legiondaries are too imbalanced and WPvP is a complete joke. That is pretty much the only bad I can find with it. The theme didn't personally grip me as the Broken Isles retcon was a bad one. Gul'dan summoned it up from the ocean floor and it was supposed to be tiny.

Subjectively, Cataclysm was the best expansion in my eyes. If Dragon Soul wasn't possibly the worst raid tier of all time, people wouldn't remember it in such a poor light. The grind, the rewards and the difficulty was absolutely perfect. Did I mention it introduced transmog? Yeah...

The most overrated expansions was WotLK. Yep, I said it WotLK fanboys. The story basically wrote itself. It was the spiritual successor to WC3 which made it easy to make for lore. WotLK had AoE spam dungeons, is when LFG was introduced (forever destroying the community), when welfare epics became a thing and put a massive amount of resources into designing vehicle mechanics. It's when the game completely began to cater to casuals. Naxx 2.0 was a complete copy/paste from the original. For those that didnt do Naxx in vanilla, it was pry great, but for those of us who did it was lazy and stupidly easy in comparison. Ulduar was the greatest raid ever. Argent Tournament was a joke. ICC lasted too dang long. Oh, and DKs were broken OP the whole expansion. The reason people are nostalgic about it was the lore, simple as that.

It had good content but had to many bad systems weighing it down. It disappoints me that artifact power is going to return while the excellent mage tower is being retired.

Deleted
    without legendaries easily a 9-10/10

but since it had them... 7/10

10+ Year Old Account
    It's my favorite expansion to date. Blizzard did a hell of a job with this one.

The class fantasy and emphasis is just insane...down the spec level. GG blizz.

3/10 at best

I am not going to call several infinite grinds tons of content. The amount of unique content is pretty small, the illusion that there is a lot of it is entirely on the shoulders of things like mythic+ reusing the same mobs 30 times over. The artifact was zero content, you were simply doing other content to also move the artifact power bar. Class halls divided whatever content they had by the number of specs - it would have worked MUCH better if instead of these separate small stories we had a single big story. That would have helped a bit this content-starved expansion (yes, it is content-starved, when you count unique content, Legion has significantly less than, say, MoP did).

I don't like time gates and RNG. Both these things were pushed through the roof this time. With their new pace of content (that some folks who can't put 2 and 2 together think they like so much) they take several months now simply to open a raid tier. This was taking a single week before. Just these time gates managed to gain them like 3-4 extra months already and they had many other time gates as well. We have been time gated to the moon and back, induced to pay a sub for huge periods of no content, just spread out.

I don't like no flying. They disabled it to slow you down, that's one more thing they are doing. This is despicable. In WoD they established "a compromise" in the way of the pathfinder. Only in Legion it turned out that they will arbitrarily hold off on releasing it for an arbitrary time, which ended up being 8+ months! Sorry, this is no longer the compromise then, holding off on your end for this long just erases this as a compromise. What use is there to flying 8+ months after we needed it? Jeez.

Finally and most importantly, they effing killed PVP. They pruned the abilities, this was done very poorly, tons of people disliked it. They removed the ilvl cap, letting the PVE gear in, a total failure and a complete reversal of the miniscule progress we had in PVP in the last expansions. We effing fought this PVE shit off for years, we finally got it in MoP / WoD, only for this to be removed in Legion. Worse, they removed PVP gear and honor / conquest. Forcing PVPers to do lots of PVE. This was ALSO something that we had to fight tooth and nail for, that we finally had in MoP / WoD, that they ALSO effing removed without any second thoughts in Legion! I am getting red hot just writing about it! ...No wonder PVP died. The ladder collapsed, etc.

Sum total: Legion was a failure. This should show in the sub numbers, too. I would guess we lost another 1-1.5 million since WoD. But of course they aren't publishing that anymore. "Not an important metric", yup, totally.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xqt View Post
    1/10

No flying from the Moment you hit Maxlevel means always its fucking SHIT
    LOLOL I suggest you look for another game to play then because that is never going to change.

Overall, 8/10.

It ate a lot of my time, if it wasn't for the retarded legendary system, it would have been a 10/10. AP was a breath of fresh air.

7+ Year Old Account
    Legion is ...special.
    It has a lot of content, but a lot of it is very grindy with not much of a reward in a way.
    It's still miles better than cata and wod, but it is not all up there with wotlk and mop either.
    While I enjoyed most of the zones, except Aszuna, the fact that the zones are so small really irks me. The zones are pretty well formed and visually impressive, but they lack the feel of scope and detail that zones in Pandaria did.

World quests are in a weird spot with me. They are convenient, but the fact that most of the serve no other purpose than dish out loot, giving abysmal amount of rep in an neverending grind to get the Cache mounts really turns me off. They are also quite overwhelming and I do not say that lightly, as someone who did not complain about the dailies required in MoP, which could be a total pain in the ass. They also have no story progression like MoP dailies had.
    Suramar however was great and I still think that is one of Legions greatest successes. Best place in the expaq if you ask me. It really felt like a city.

Music wise I find Legion tiresome. It has some great tunes, but they are recycled so much and most of them are overly noisy or "epic" just making me clicking ctrl+m the moment I enter a zone. Not as bad as wod music, but still easily tiresome.

I hate legendaries with a passion, mostly because I have alts, and I really want to do a lot of the mage tower challenges, but just the mere thought of having to grind legendaries just to even be able to barely pass a lot of them because they are almost considered necessary due to how they add abilities or healing is not fun. The whole idea with random legendaries with no way to target them just really turns me off. All other legendaries in the past were targetable in some way or another.

Rng, rng, RNG RNG RNG!!! This expansion reeks of it and I really don't like it. I prefer knowing that my effort will be rewarded. I used to know that this boss dropped this piece of loot, and I knew that if I did the boss many enough times I would get the piece I wanted with the STATS I WANTED eventually. Unlike now where everything is random as f***. Never has receiving loot felt so bland and pointless. I have never DEd as much loot as I have now. I don't feel happy when I get the stats I want, I just feel relieved that I didn't get another useless piece of gear that's only value is the sale value.

Legion ruined hunters for me. I played BM hunter since Vanilla, barely straying into MM and Surv when it was needed for endgame raiding, and Legions version of all 3 speccs just makes me sad. Either it feels static and slow like MM, or random like BM or clunky like Surv. I really miss my MoP BM and its utility and movement.
    It has been so bad I switched my main to an elem shammy of all things.
    Windwalker monk however feels great and is probably my favorite class design this expaq. Most other classes feel weird and clunky to play with odd rotations and movesets.

The patches were mixed, nothing really felt amazing. The Suramar questline patch was weird and didn't have the same quality as the initial questline. Broken Shore was horrid and Argus is ok I guess. The cinematics were cool.

The first tier was really nice, loved the hunter set amongst many.
    The second tier not so much and not sure what I feel about the third one.

If it wasn't for the RNG I think I would have enjoyed Legion a lot more.

Pros
    + beautiful zones
    + cool looking mounts
    + well crafted cinematics
    + questing is good
    + questing on some classes was very challenging
    + darker nights
    + Suramar

Cons
    - small and few zones
    - very few color variations of mounts
    - fucked up class design
    - noisy tiresome music
    - broken shore
    - world quests feels pointless
    - balance of power quest not account wide

Neutral
    * Artifact weps
    * M+ if I had someone to play with I think I would have liked it

6.5/10 I guess

4/10
    Much better than WoD and Cata.
    Equal to Pandaland.
    Much worse than everything else.

2 for artwork
    1 for class design
    2 for music
    1 for patch content
    1 for balancing passes/PTR feedback

= 7/10

Above average overall but below average for PVP.

For PVP it is the worst expansion ever for WoW but above average for PVE.

It is better than WoD and Cata, but I would not rate it above WotLK, BC, or MoP.

Quote Originally Posted by Dankdruid View Post
    personally, after completing all raids on mythic so far within top 10 of my realm i obviously have a highly influential and professional opinion that is valued among the lesser achieving players that make up the majority of this forum.

overall i would say Legion was a solid expansion both in story and implentation of the story. having said that Artifact power and weapons were a failure and as we have heard, Blizzard are happy to see the back of them.

i would place this expansion slightly ahead but only just of WoD and quite a way behind MoP, Cata, Wotlk and TBC.

What are your opinions? (please keep them somewhat coherent)
    My opinion is don't guise your narcissistic crap under other threads. Playing a game doesn't make you a professional neither does it make you any more important than other "lesser" achieving players.

Quote Originally Posted by Izzyfurious View Post
    Yeah because you are just pulling that opinion out of your butt for the sake of chiming in.

Source! or don't say that more has quitted this expansion than WoD!
    Sub numbers got so bad they stopped reporting them, however the ancillary sources that we do have show this expansion being less popular

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    8/10 for me.

I'd say the raiding was really good but not quite as awesome as Warlords. Warlords was a mediocre expansion in a lot of ways but the raids themselves were really good.

The PVP was shithouse but I expected that, I don't bother chasing ratings anymore so at a casual level it doesn't really concern me. Hacking is rarer than it was but whether this was due to Blizzard actually doing something about it or maybe people don't bother hacking as much at pleb ratings anymore I don't know. Would have liked more world PVP shit beyond just ganking people fighting elites on Argus. That is fun though, so it's not all bad on the PVP front.

World Quests actually worked out really well for me. I went from farming them like crazy at the start to just doing the good ones to just doing the boxes to not bothering. Then I would switch between sometimes doing a couple of them on Broken Shore/Argus if they were super easy to get to/do in <1 minute on alts to power my order halls. Really isn't that bad honestly, just gets very dry very fast. Still like the option of just doing it whenever the fuck I want as opposed to Warlords where there's just nothing. Beyond the very start of Legion, I never felt pressured to grind it all so that was a good feature.

Mythic+ was a success as far as I'm concerned. I used to grind them a bit earlier on for AP/gear at launch but after that just did a good one for my box. Maybe some people bitch and whine about doing one for that box but dude, just do one real fast and it's over. Less than an hour and maybe you'll get something cool. I like it. Hell even just get on an alt and do a 9 for a 930+ piece to gear your alts up while barely touching them. That's 90% of what I do on my alts and they're all decently geared now. Love the system.

The legendary system favoured me immensely. I got good legendaries early and all of them eventually for my main spec. I was excited for them to give you the off spec ones in that one patch though to grind out my alt ones. Never farmed Maw over and over for them. Never did cheesy shit. Just my dailies and good luck and it was delicious to drink all the tears of people that worked so hard to not get them. That was the best part. They all complained about filthy casuals getting good legendaries and here I was doing just that. Felt amazing. Nobody gives a shit when I go to raid every week and get fucked on gear because I hate split runs. Not a single person. Then I get legendaries and they don't and they want to have a good old cry about unfair the gear system is. Going to miss this system.

So yeah good expansion all around. Couple of minor gribbles with not enough world PVP and raids being good but not blowing me away. Maybe next raid will be awesome so that second part is unfair. I would say they fucked Ret so I will never give them a good score but they gave me an Ashbringer so we cool.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Regalbeast View Post
    LOLOL I suggest you look for another game to play then because that is never going to change.
    "never" when they just started this Crap with WoD

i give it a 6/10

initially i would of rated it higher, but its the only x pack i played for a month at the start, and then quit. i returned in august of this year after 11 months away, and lasted about 2 months on my main, and i have recently unsubbed from the game for the time being.

content wise though i think this is one of the better x packs, but unfortunately its a bit uninteresting to me as a pvp player

I thought it was a nice enough expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    It was very good for me.

First months were really exciting.

Pvp sucks but eh i guess its now dead.

Its a solid 8/10. First time im reading lore and shit.

Would be 10/10 if better rewards/skins for very good players (pve/pvp) but heh.

5/10
    the bad:
    pve borked with missing incentive to push mythic raiding, and unreasonable roster requirements keep casuals from forming around the challenge (wtb 10/15man raids).

legendaries and artifact power ruining any chance at having an alt or even a offspec without pouring hundreds of hours into just getting the item to fullfill your role, but by the time you have the legendaries you need, you've finished gearing up and all that's left is mindless grinding for artifact levels.

pvp butchered and turned into a dota minigame, with no reward or incentive to play beyond pushing for glad titles.

classes lost alot of flavor, yet to find a fun spec, trying new specs is alot more work now that you need specific legendaries to truly try them..

the good:
    Mythic+ is a great way to keep dungeons relevant
    world quests is a great system, would be excelent for reviving the old world in future expansions.
    professions: managed to keep most crafting professions relevant, not just enchanting/alchemy/jewelcrafting.

If you asked the same question at this point during Catas timeline, it would be the by far 1# expansion.

Then they released 4.3 and it became a shitfest. My point is that it's obviously way too early to tell yet.
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

4/10... It would have been higher but the stupid level scaling garbage ruined it's chances of getting a 5/10.