Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by zEmini View Post
    1. Nobody is being forced. I never understood how anything is forced. If they said you had to level to 60 on classic before playing BFA, then that would be forced. These are just cosmetic rewards.

2. The whole "Prestige" nonsense is made up by snowflakes who can't handle other people closing the gap on their own ego. Besides, if Vanilla is truly Vanilla, then getting any of these rewards would be just as hard as they were so therefore ... if you couldn't get it in Vanilla, you probably won't be able to get it in Classic.
    Prestige isn't made up, you just dont like that what is described here is actually true.
    Classic should be played for what it is, not because of what the current game is.
    That will just have players there for the wrong reasons, and that is going to hurt the experience.
    I am not exactly rushing to it, but I think players should get as much as possible the vanilla experience they asked for.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Classic and Live are not going to have any account-wide carry-overs; that should be obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by Deuse View Post
    Classic and Live are not going to have any account-wide carry-overs; that should be obvious.
    It is obvious, just some real edgy reaching going on here.

you could get NAXX gear in BC with just a handful of raiders.
    Ha! No. You still needed a sizable group with decent gear and skill to clear the zone before it was removed.

Quote Originally Posted by Coconut View Post
    The main argument isn't being able to collect things on Classic servers (even I am leaning towards no), but being able to obtain those retired mounts and transmogs in Standard. I think the best solution is Vanilla timewalking, with all the lost gear baked in, ZG mounts as random drops and original racial mounts as timeless coin rewards.

I believe the anniversary event shows that they are open to reintroduce retired items with certain restrictions (we may see the world bosses again next anniversary, or they might be baked into the aforementioned Vanilla timewalking at a later date).
    That might be for the best. Maybe remake archeology so solves grant retired mogs and mounts?

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    I think the best solution is Vanilla timewalking, with all the lost gear baked in, ZG mounts as random drops and original racial mounts as timeless coin rewards.
    As some of the xmog and the ZG mounts are available on the black market auction house I just can't see this happening.

In that case, don't you think the fact that people will once again be able to do them diminishes the achievement of those who have done it in the past?
    Ask the first guy who did a successful organ transplant. Think he feels any less of an achievement because it's a commonplace procedure now? No? Probably not.

So if he's OK with not being the only one with that distinction, I think we can finally get over it in a 13 year old video game, can't we?
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    That might be for the best. Maybe remake archeology so solves grant retired mogs and mounts?
    That's quite a nice idea, actually, though I'd like to see a few gameplay changes to that profession as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Mymori View Post
    As some of the xmog and the ZG mounts are available on the black market auction house I just can't see this happening.
    The black market covers too many things, it's unreliable and inaccessible. I'm cool with BMAH having some exclusive stuff, but it's a bit shitty to throw everything in there, particularly now when you can buy gold with real cash. It's quite enough that it has the TCG mounts.

Besides, the BMAH can and does still function with items that are available through other means. A friend of mine bought Ashes of Al'ar for a gold cap in MoP - it was totally soloable, but he had gold and he was sick of it. And lot of people who buy MoP world boss mounts there, or gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Ringthane View Post
    Ask the first guy who did a successful organ transplant. Think he feels any less of an achievement because it's a commonplace procedure now? No? Probably not.

So if he's OK with not being the only one with that distinction, I think we can finally get over it in a 13 year old video game, can't we?
    That's exactly what I meant to highlight! It should be ok to bring back to Live some of the retired items from Classic now that Classic as a whole is getting a revival.

Deleted
    The possibility to earn a ZG tiger would be the only reason for me to level a character in Classic again. I don't expect them to connect their Classic servers to the collection system, though. Thus, I will not participate in Classic.

And the BMAH is a horrible way to remove excess gold out of the economy. Gee, one person puts a winning bid of 9,999 millions. But if you would just sell this luxury item for 2 millions flat, and 20 people can afford this, you remove 40 millions instead at an instant. How many people bought the spider mount and the mad merchant pet? I am one of these. But I never ever won something off the BMAH because I either miss the chance or don't have the right amount of gold available at that moment. And I already have spent 1 million on the epic Spectral Tiger mount in WoD when it appeared at the regular AH. I was checking every day for the chance - because normal AH has a set buyout price. Placing bids and wait for hours is not my cup of tea.

Edit: I specifically mention the ZG tiger because I was running this raid quite often, and even have seen the mount drop once. Did not win the roll. Have not seen it drop ever again before they made ZG into a dungeon.
    Last edited by mmoceb1073a651; 2017-11-20 at 03:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Prestige isn't made up, you just dont like that what is described here is actually true.
    Classic should be played for what it is, not because of what the current game is.
    That will just have players there for the wrong reasons, and that is going to hurt the experience.
    I am not exactly rushing to it, but I think players should get as much as possible the vanilla experience they asked for.
    I still fail to see how a group of players playing Classic for a different reason will h ave some MASSIVE impact on the vanilla experience. But I guess the bigger question is, how will anyone know?

Anything that is currently unobtainable I imagine some to different degrees but most notably naxx frost resist gear.
    But most of that is bop right? So you will not being seeing it on the AH regardless.

I don't know what Naxx Frost gear you are referring too. Never made it to Saph in vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by JJShadoe View Post
    Ha! No. You still needed a sizable group with decent gear and skill to clear the zone before it was removed.
    5 players? Still a hell of a lot easier than MC/BWL/AQ40 which was never removed. So prestige is still not there
    Last edited by zEmini; 2017-11-20 at 04:45 PM.

I still fail to see how a group of players playing Classic for a different reason will h ave some MASSIVE impact on the vanilla experience. But I guess the bigger question is, how will anyone know?

But most of that is bop right? So you will not being seeing it on the AH regardless.

I don't know what Naxx Frost gear you are referring too. Never made it to Saph in vanilla.

5 players? Still a hell of a lot easier than MC/BWL/AQ40 which was never removed. So prestige is still not there
    Each armor class had a crafted frost resist gear. While the cloth one can now be obtained from other items the distinctive light blue with darker tinting plate wearers had is no longer obtainable.

As for the impact... right now I have vanilla items that are boe greens that sell for roughly 240 to 700k depending on what specific item we are talking about. Items like this will cause weird inflations within the market.

When one green item for the 30s bracket starts going for several hundred gold its going to stand out..

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    The only mount I'm aware of that's currently unavailable in game is the Black Qiraji Battle Tank. The rest are able to be purchased from BMAH. Likewise with the mogs. I see no issue with them being available to you on live. The other direction would be silly, which is why I suspect they'll just say Classic is quarantined from the rest of the realms.
    Afaik, Plagued Proto-Drake from doing Glory of the Naxxramas raider 10 man isn't available.
    And there's a couple of retired race mounts aswell, they look like shit but still unobtainable.

Sent from my F8331 with Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Plagued proto is on there. And it isn’t from classic... soooo.
    You are correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    Each armor class had a crafted frost resist gear. While the cloth one can now be obtained from other items the distinctive light blue with darker tinting plate wearers had is no longer obtainable.

As for the impact... right now I have vanilla items that are boe greens that sell for roughly 240 to 700k depending on what specific item we are talking about. Items like this will cause weird inflations within the market.

When one green item for the 30s bracket starts going for several hundred gold its going to stand out..
    It will be much easier to just farm the appropriate level area to get your greens than it would saving up 100k.

Also, I think the cap was 65k during vanilla.

These items will not be that much anyways. Maybe 100g, but that would jsut create a farming area for people if they actually did sell for as much as people fear.

Finally, get off the AH, you shouldn't be buying greens on their while leveling.

Because the big fuss over why we should have a vanilla server, was about the experience of it as it was.
    It should have players who are actually invested in it for the right reasons.
    It will absolutely have a negative impact on people's motivations, and their participation.
    Look how easily before the upgrade forging that content could be dismissed as useless if there was nothing on the loot table that was an upgrade for you.
    Those are the people that classic does not need.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgibb View Post
    Afaik, Plagued Proto-Drake from doing Glory of the Naxxramas raider 10 man isn't available.
    And there's a couple of retired race mounts aswell, they look like shit but still unobtainable.

It's the black one you're thinking of that isn't available.

Deleted
    The main argument isn't being able to collect things on Classic servers (even I am leaning towards no), but being able to obtain those retired mounts and transmogs in Standard. I think the best solution is Vanilla timewalking, with all the lost gear baked in, ZG mounts as random drops and original racial mounts as timeless coin rewards.

I believe the anniversary event shows that they are open to reintroduce retired items with certain restrictions (we may see the world bosses again next anniversary, or they might be baked into the aforementioned Vanilla timewalking at a later date).
    This would be extremely cool :3

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Because the big fuss over why we should have a vanilla server, was about the experience of it as it was.
    It should have players who are actually invested in it for the right reasons.
    It will absolutely have a negative impact on people's motivations, and their participation.
    Look how easily before the upgrade forging that content could be dismissed as useless if there was nothing on the loot table that was an upgrade for you.
    Those are the people that classic does not need.
    Well if I would need to acquire the ZG tiger legitemately, then this would already need me to get a character to 60, and get some gear before I can find a group. Then, I would need to keep farming over and over - and with my luck, this thing will either never drop, or I will never will the rolls if no one will pass for me out of pity. So... this would be a pretty heavy investment just for one mount. Even if I find a group of like-minded individuals who would all go in for the tiger, and stay playing so everybody gets the mount eventually. Though I don't know if I could commit to this - depends on how often this raid would happen. I even would not mind to level a healer for that, though I would prefer to level with a DPS wingman.
    Last edited by mmoceb1073a651; 2017-11-21 at 03:11 PM.

P.S. To edgy Vanilla lovers who think Vanilla mounts and mogs should remain exclusive to Vanilla servers, don't be hypocrites. You wanted access to retired content in a way you could enjoy, and Blizzard listened to you. There is no reason why collectors shouldn't have the same expectations - only we don't want the gameplay, just the vanity items.
    I don't want classic back. But I won't stand in it's way, and would want people to have the best of time playing it as I did.

That said... I hate the idea of the mounts I earned will once again be given out to players on LIVE servers. Keep that shit on classic servers. It's a badge of honor on live.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

No need to come up with new complicated systems - simply add the items to existing raids. E.g. tier 3 and Atiesh shards should drop from Wrath Naxx, lock/pally mounts back etc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    I don't want classic back. But I won't stand in it's way, and would want people to have the best of time playing it as I did.

That said... I hate the idea of the mounts I earned will once again be given out to players on LIVE servers. Keep that shit on classic servers. It's a badge of honor on live.
    No its not. It only shows that you have been raiding often enough and have been lucky to seen the thing drop and to win the roll.