Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Phumbles View Post
    The game was better, actually, for the first 7 months of Legion. Right after flying was unlocked was when started seeing the "im bored/burned out" threads. The world got more boring the second flying was unlocked.
    Right.... It couldn't have anything to do with flying requiring you to exhaust all the available content in order to get it. Nope. Nothing at all.

People weren't bored because flying somehow magically ruined the content. They were bored because they'd already done everything.
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2017-11-20 at 11:43 PM.

The game was better, actually, for the first 7 months of Legion. Right after flying was unlocked was when started seeing the "im bored/burned out" threads. The world got more boring the second flying was unlocked.
    No, I saw plenty of that before.
    Any time there is any "moderate" lull in content, those at the forefront complain that they are bored, that there is "nothing to do".

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Non-argus content such as what, exactly? Last I checked, in order to get flying in the first place you had to clear a significant portion of the available content. What does that leave? Fishing? Archaeology? Pet battles?
    World quests, non-story zone content, and yes why not those too.
    What I am saying is that the artificial stretching of it out way beyond the duration required to actually "experience" that content for many players, they aren't adding anything interesting to the progress.
    Like I said with reputations.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

So the fact it has been seven months was not a factor that all contents were possibly done by that time.

Flying is fine...

The problem with Flying, is that they never developed a solid flying combat model.

They were going to... and every attempt just fell apart. Vehicle style flying combat was ... pathetic... and really just left a terrible aftertaste.

They could at some point rebuild a real solid flying combat model, and then flight would not be this bastardized method to avoid combat. Which is the primary reason Blizzard hates it. They hate the fact that they are not smart enough to build methods to shut down flight allowing people to go around their content.

Give mobs dismounting chains, they fire the chains, it drags you to the ground. Perhaps give you a method to avoid the chains, or fight them. Give players chains, to dismount or even hijack the mount of the other player, allowing you to fight in the air.

There are plenty of methods they could use to intelligently make mid-flight combat or ground to air / air to ground combat interesting, and compelling. They just refuse to pull it together, because they feel like it adds another level of game changing mechanics that once "out of the box" could also not be put back.

Perhaps... but there are ways around that too... level restrctions... area restrictions, .... they just need to test it out... play with the concept on a smaller playing field, guide the design around making it as fun as possible. And see where it goes.
    We think we climb so high, Upon the backs we've condemned ...We face our Conϛequence.

10+ Year Old Account
    I cannot comprehend this level of potato.

You have GOT to be joking/trolling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

There's a reason games don't do flight like WoWs (because it's designed badly and wreaks havoc on game design).

There's a reason games don't do flight like WoWs (because it's designed badly and wreaks havoc on game design).
    That is what you claim, does not mean it is the case.

Pretty obvious Blizzard regrets it. They tried to outright remove it in WoD. Have settled on a middle ground by adding it later in an expansions life cycle when content is trivial anyway. To tell you the truth the middle ground ended up making the most sense in modern WoW where the game is only about where you are going instead of how you get there.

"Flying mounts ruined the game"

Says the guy who runs through zones on their mount hoping not to get knocked off by the trivial mobs who pose no actual threat and are only bothersome and tedious...and if you do get knocked off you simply run away until they drop threat, or you go invis, or fein death etc.

How in the hell is flying over tedious mobs that pose no real threat different from running through mobs that pose no actual threat ?

Quote Originally Posted by Sansnom View Post
    That is what you claim, does not mean it is the case.
    That can be said for every post in these threads.
    And only half of it's a "claim", the other half is just fact, that most games don't do flight like WoWs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiekyerbooty View Post
    "Flying mounts ruined the game"

Says the guy who runs through zones on their mount hoping not to get knocked off by the trivial mobs who pose no actual threat and are only bothersome and tedious...and if you do get knocked off you simply run away until they drop threat, or you go invis, or fein death etc.

How in the hell is flying over tedious mobs that pose no real threat different from running through mobs that pose no actual threat ?
    We've heard this made up spiel since day one, move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Frylord View Post
    You never played Vanilla or TBC huh? Once you hit 70 in TBC, flying hugely diminished the feeling of community that was such a massive part of vanilla.

Vanilla, you couldn't fly over a quest objective, drop down and grab it and fly off with in safety. You had to fight your way through enemies, most of the time grouping up with other adventures if the area was difficult.
    You met people while travelling, bonds were formed, enemies made.
    People would report in local of hostile enemy parties moving on the road and you'd end up jumping in a bush to hide as they rode past.
    Battles would be fought as 2 parties met while travelling that could sometimes boil over in to zone wide PVP as allies got called in to help.
    etc.

You get the idea.

Flying removes all that. Once TBC hit and I got flying, the world became a very small place.

Flying and cross realm LFG were the 2 biggest factors in why there is no realm communities anymore in retail.

And what get's me is flying has never added anything to the experience, only taken away. Faster travelling could have easily been solved by an increase in ground mount speed at 70.
    You must have played a completely different game then me :P coz none of that ever happened to me.
    I just skipped shit with to many mobs. Flying is the best thing that this game ever produced

10+ Year Old Account
    Argus is non-flying and since everyone and their mothers have 75 ranks on their main artifact, people have started to complain about nothing to do..

Flying have NOTHING to do with people complaining about lack of content.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

That can be said for every post in these threads.
    And only half of it's a "claim", the other half is just fact, that most games don't do flight like WoWs.

We've heard this made up spiel since day one, move along.
    Huh ? You know it's true.... If being grounded meant thrilling fights with deadly mobs for fantastic rewards, that would be one thing, but it doesn't... it means being herded through terrain packed with tedious faceroll mobs for minimal rewards

As I thought, same old crap. Fliers haven't learned a thing. You should probably prepare yourselves to be disappointed.

It actually made WoWs gameplay much better than any other MMO out there.
    It was the main reason a lot of us actualy stayed with WoW for all these years.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    It was the main reason a lot of us actualy stayed with WoW for all these years.
    No, it wasn't. Vanilla made WoW what it is and flying was hardly even a part of BC.

No, it wasn't. Vanilla made WoW what it is and flying was hardly even a part of BC.
    It was a huge part of both BC and Wrath... You know the expansions that actually made WoW a success.

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    Pretty obvious Blizzard regrets it. They tried to outright remove it in WoD. Have settled on a middle ground by adding it later in an expansions life cycle when content is trivial anyway. To tell you the truth the middle ground ended up making the most sense in modern WoW where the game is only about where you are going instead of how you get there.
    Pretty obvious the Hazzicostas and crew doesn't want to step up and use it. That's not the same thing as Blizzard "regretting" it as a whole.

None of this bullshit about flight being bad for the game started until WoD. Flight was not a problem until they made it into one.
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2017-11-21 at 07:01 AM.

LFR > FLYING > LFD 3 things that killed the community and the great feeling the game had in vanilla. Are they bad things for a game not really. Just 3 things that killed of makings friends and grouping up for things.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildpantz View Post
    LFR > FLYING > LFD 3 things that killed the community and the great feeling the game had in vanilla. Are they bad things for a game not really. Just 3 things that killed of makings friends and grouping up for things.
    I've seen people say something like this before, but usually without any accompanying explanation of HOW.

LFR and LFD I can at least sort of understand, even if I disagree. But how flying supposedly causes harm to communities generally escspes definition. Maybe you can expand on this?