Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Unless your job duties include sitting in front of bright lights (news entertainers/actors) or you're in a band then no a man shouldn't wear makeup.

Got bad acne? Just grow a beard to hide it.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    lol, no the penis is just a joke to itself. Children draw penis's on things to be funny. I don't know what it is, but there is just something funny about seeing a penis anywhere besides attached to a body.

Such as the pilot who drew a penis in the sky, that was comic gold!
    Well it is likely one of the most unappealing and least charming parts of our anatomy. That's excluding the female privates, but they are luckily hidden away quite well, god knew that having that visible would mean the end of humanity

But I guess the ball measurement in size and masculinity might actually come from animals, seeing as big and strong animals that we had around us throughout history, would have quite large balls in comparison to us.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Unhinged View Post
    No its not. If you cannoy change tyres or oil as a woman you are an idiot as well. The notion was more of how society is moving more towards a narcissistic outlook and skills once learned are not happening with the new generations.

Nothing here is insulting women. Does teasing a mans lack of masculinity necause his pecker is tiny also an insult to women? Is saying a woman is strong(a masculine trait) insulting to men?
    Right, I'll be the first one to say it then.

Username checks out.

10+ Year Old Account
    No its not. If you cannoy change tyres or oil as a woman you are an idiot as well. The notion was more of how society is moving more towards a narcissistic outlook and skills once learned are not happening with the new generations.

Nothing here is insulting women. Does teasing a mans lack of masculinity necause his pecker is tiny also an insult to women? Is saying a woman is strong(a masculine trait) insulting to men?
    I addressed the genitals thing earlier.

There is a perspective to where mocking a man's masculinity is an insult to women in general. I hear it often enough still, "Look at this little girl who can't change a tire!" Break that down, and it says that women are not expected to be able to do something as simple as changing a tire, and that man is no better than a woman.

Does it always mean that? Nah. Many people say things without thinking twice about the deeper meaning, or how someone may interpret it. So with that in mind, i'm not calling anyone who makes such comments misogynistic. Just that there is something to think about when mocking a man's masculinity in regards to women.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Spiffums View Post
    Unless your job duties include sitting in front of bright lights (news entertainers/actors) or you're in a band then no a man shouldn't wear makeup.

Got bad acne? Just grow a beard to hide it.
    So by that right, there is no reason for a woman to wear make up outside of the reasons you listed above.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

I mean I will still find it funny looking and no offence intended, but stereo typically gay. But then again, I don't really think women need make up either.
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

10+ Year Old Account
    For those who claim, "Men should not be wearing make up" Can you explain why women should be wearing make up?

I'm very curious why one shouldn't, but the other should.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Men aren't allowed to wear make-up because we would rock it. Can you imagine it? A population of males were they are all handsome because of make-up? The women would be the rejected ones, with their inferior make-up tactics.

But yeah, this taboo gotta die. Famous men already have their appearance prepared by professionals with makeup before a show.

There is a perspective to where mocking a man's masculinity is an insult to women in general. I hear it often enough still, "Look at this little girl who can't change a tire!" Break that down, and it says that women are not expected to be able to do something as simple as changing a tire, and that man is no better than a woman.

Does it always mean that? Nah. Many people say things without thinking twice about the deeper meaning, or how someone may interpret it. So with that in mind, i'm not calling anyone who makes such comments misogynistic. Just that there is something to think about when mocking a man's masculinity in regards to women.

- - - Updated - - -

So by that right, there is no reason for a woman to wear make up outside of the reasons you listed above.
    Except I never mentioned women at all. You drew that conclusion through your own sexism amd need to paint women as victims. Everyone should be able to change a tyre if you drive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Except I never mentioned women at all. You drew that conclusion through your own sexism amd need to paint women as victims. Everyone should be able to change a tyre if you drive.
    Your reply makes it blaringly obvious you didn't read to understand, only to reply.

In general, fuck the taboos wear what you want. However, no, people are not more accepting of it.

Your reply makes it blaringly obvious you didn't read to understand, only to reply.
    I fully understand the point you are trying to make but when you have draw in your oen view of it. Look at you reply to the penis cpmment. You immediately changed it to be about balls amd masculinity and miss the whole point that was made. Nothing in my original post had anything to do with women at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    I fully understand the point you are trying to make but when you have draw in your oen view of it. Look at you reply to the penis cpmment. You immediately changed it to be about balls amd masculinity and miss the whole point that was made. Nothing in my original post had anything to do with women at all.
    I also addressed the penis part. That it is used as a joke often, as it is used as a comic tool very often. But there was no comparison to draw there. There aren't any insults using a penis as a tool to insult someone that I can think of. Only jokes.

I was fully aware you said nothing about women. I only invited you to consider the comment as viewed from a different perspective.

"Does it always mean that? Nah. Many people say things without thinking twice about the deeper meaning, or how someone may interpret it. So with that in mind, i'm not calling anyone who makes such comments misogynistic. Just that there is something to think about when mocking a man's masculinity in regards to women."

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-41971587Personally I find make up on men hideous, especially when it's too much which is almost usually always the case
    All TV and movie stars use makeup, including the males. It's not a new thing for stars, only for regular people.

I find the type of makeup that looks bad on men also looks bad on women. Like colored lipstick or eye shadow. But there's a lot of makeup that simply makes skin looks smooth and nice, covering imperfections and all that. You normally wouldn't even notice if someone is wearing good makeup.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GothamCity View Post
    Going off that, I do musicals, plays, general stage performance all the time. We usually sit through about 30 minutes of makeup as an extra, and if we have lines, it can be hours.
    I was in our university production of The Full Monty once. Not only did I have to shave my entire body but had make-up applied in places they have no business being . It was still fun but I personally can't imagine doing that for a living and the work that goes into television or live performances so I have a lot of respect for them.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

- - - Updated - - -

Where did I mention women? The thread is about men. Don't put words in my mouth and try to spin it. For the record I don't care if a woman wears makeup or not. That's up to the lady.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Realy depends a little bit of makeup or an extremely high amount of makeup is fine
    Alittle makeup to hide blemishes is fine, while Aton of makeup to be a jugglo or to make a point is fine too imo(generally I feel this way about women in makeup too)

As far as I can tell, historically speaking we're the weird ones for having a taboo against male makeup.

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    Give us our topless women and men in dresses, darnit!
    Couldn't agree more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiffums View Post
    Right. You didn't say anything about women, this is a fact. But I did, and you are avoiding the question.

If a man shouldn't wear make up, why should a woman?

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Humans have been using makeup for both sexes for thousands of years. Any taboos which have existed is really only a small faction of time in the existence of civilized humanity.

Right. You didn't say anything about women, this is a fact. But I did, and you are avoiding the question.

If a man shouldn't wear make up, why should a woman?
    If you had read further in my response to you then you would have your answer.