Page 6 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Oh, you can have your shitty 13 y.o. game, but don't you dare tell me what I can and can't ask for, because I am the one who funded the shitty thing for you, while you were actively disrupting the flow of cash for this purpose by playing private servers.

Also, it's not going to be Vanilla. It's called Classic for a reason, not Vanilla, or without a subtitle.
    Last edited by VyersReaver; 2017-11-22 at 06:20 AM.

The notion that "Classic is only for Vanilla players, not retail players" is so shallow. The servers will be open to everyone, which in turn would mean people should all be entitled to their opinions regarding if it is or isn't changed.

The pompous idea that Vanilla players are somehow more entitled is bullshit. Get over yourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoramier of Lordaeron View Post
    You keep ignoring the fact that changing vanilla doesn't make it vanilla.

Keep responding because it's quite entertaining.

Thankfully blizzard agrees.

- - - Updated - - -

Blizzard doesn't agree with you luckily. Vanilla = Vanilla. Changes = Not Vanilla

0 changes or else it is an abomination of wow eras.
    It's a good thing they're not calling it vanilla then.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

Quote Originally Posted by hmzlol View Post
    Classic servers are for people who enjoy classic vanilla experience and nothing else. Retail players has nothing to do with current vanilla state of affairs. Entitled retail players you should stop with your irrelevant demands, you add zero value to the conversation.
    You also add zero value to the conversation when, instead of actually engaging in conversation, you just attempt to shut down any and all conversations by lumping anyone who doesn't agree 100% with you into one single group: the "enemy". You refuse to even consider the idea that there are veteran players who want vanilla, but also would like some QoL changes like auto-loot and AE looting. But, no. No discussion is allowed. You just insult them as "entitled", which is really ironic considering your position, and try your best to completely discredit their opinions and ideas.

Anyway, the love is real. Former Team Lead of Classic WoW. Mark Kern, and his Open Letter to Blizzard Entertainment.
    I see people still praising that guy and I just have to shake my head. The guy literally did nothing worthwhile after leaving Blizzard. And anyone could see that Mark Kern's involvement in this is just a desperate attempt to make himself still look relevant, after his major failures. Then again, considering the entirety of your post, I shouldn't be surprised.

This video sums up everything quite nicely.
    Oh look an extremely biased opinion, we should all agree with this person and their clearly superior opinion because they put it on youtube.

If anything the fact that this youtuber put everything in the context of his own personal experiences with "other ppl he has talked to" makes his opinion less credible.

You keep ignoring the fact that changing vanilla doesn't make it vanilla.

Keep responding because it's quite entertaining.

Thankfully blizzard agrees.

- - - Updated - - -

Blizzard doesn't agree with you luckily. Vanilla = Vanilla. Changes = Not Vanilla

0 changes or else it is an abomination of wow eras.
    I'm glad we both agree Classic isn't Vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by Talvindius View Post
    The notion that "Classic is only for Vanilla players, not retail players" is so shallow. The servers will be open to everyone, which in turn would mean people should all be entitled to their opinions regarding if it is or isn't changed.

The pompous idea that Vanilla players are somehow more entitled is bullshit. Get over yourselves.
    I see your pain.

You pay for Legions. Your ideas must be heard. They must.

You will walk miles to make your voice heard.

Then you will go back to Legions. And we never knew your name.

So here's my question: when you say you want no QoL changes... does that mean you want Classic servers to be at patch version 1.0?

I'm asking because, through all the patches through vanilla, significant changes happened to the game, the vast majority being QoL. Like meeting stones in 1.3, battlegrounds in 1.5, debuff limit increased to 16 from 8 in 1.7, group-wide versions of paladin blessings, in 1.9 and XP conversion to gold at max level in 1.10.

I'm asking because, if you do want any of those QoL in vanilla, it feels, at least to me, that your position is that Blizzard should only add the changes you want, and not what other people want.

I know it may sound like a trollish question, but it's honest. I genuinely want to know which patch version of vanilla you want to play in.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vineri View Post
    I see your pain.

You pay for Legions. Your ideas must be heard. They must.

You will walk miles to make your voice heard.

Then you will go back to Legions. And we never knew your name.
    Such condescending BS...

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone who wants a pure vanilla experience can go to PS. Majority of people wants condiments in theirs, like chocolate bits, nuts and sweet syrup all other.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Such condescending BS...
    Oh, you. It's true, write it off as condescending if you choose.

People playing official =/= same people wanting changes.

Who IS the core audience, in YOUR opinion?

Deleted
    If you do a study about posting history on several forums you'll find that the people who advocate for QoL changes etc. in vanilla are the die-hard vanilla crowd who frequent private servers.

-snip-

I'll give Nixxiom this: he's far less obnoxious than Kungen and Heelvsbabyface.

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Anyone who wants a pure vanilla experience can go to PS. Majority of people wants condiments in theirs, like chocolate bits, nuts and sweet syrup all other.
    Blizzard isn't doing this for charity. They want to capitalize on the Vanilla market. If they add chocolate chips, they missed their mark. (Kern hehe).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by slaskel View Post
    If you do a study about posting history on several forums you'll find that the people who advocate for QoL changes etc. in vanilla are the die-hard vanilla crowd who frequent private servers.
    Post some of this, or I'm calling you out now. Unless, you are referring to 10x servers which is silly. Calling you out. Post info.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard isn't doing this for charity. They want to capitalize on the Vanilla market. If they add chocolate chips, they missed their mark. (Kern hehe).
    Vanilla market wants condiments. So there.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Vanilla market wants condiments. So there.
    Some of the Vanilla market wants condiments. Polls actually show a small fraction want them. Definitely some, though.

Not all. Not worth a statement without a quantify on your part, for sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some of the Vanilla market wants condiments. Polls actually show a small fraction want them. Definitely some, though.

Not all. Not worth a statement without a quantify on your part, for sure.
    Polls don't mean shit. Blizzard won't even look at them as all these polls are not representative and scientifically speaking meaningless. They only serve a purpose of stroking the winning opinion group's ego.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Threads like this are why so many people are against classic servers. They don't hate the servers, they hate the arrogant players who think their idea is the only idea.

Dude, the classic crowd has been shitting on retail wow for years.

How does it feel to have the shoe on the other foot now?
    Whoever loves let him flourish. / Let him perish who knows not love. / Let him perish twice who forbids love. - Pompeii

I actually agree w/ 1 thing, they shouldn't design WoW Classic for current players. They need to expand their playerbase and not cannibalise it, if they create a product that pleases only current players they'll simply redistribute users and that's it. That's meh from business' standpoint.

But, IMHO, they shouldn't design it w/ only PS users in mind either, it's hard to compete w/ a product that's almost identical to yours (90% Blizzlike, kek), but is absolutely free of charge. People will happily drink vinegar if it's free.

Many people on PS either don't know or don't even remember how exactly classic WoW was back in the day, so they'll expect to see what they experienced recently on PS, but even the most Blizzlike PS is really generous w/ gold, tuning is off and so on, because it's a ton of guesswork when it comes to numbers, drops chances, etc.

I don't think that people will be happy to start playing on official 100% 2006 1.12.2 vanilla-like classic realm and later realise that they're getting less (basically that it's grindier) and they also need to pay sub for it.

I play Legion and i love it,i'm current retail player and i love vanilla too,i want some balance changes with QOL implementations in classic wow,hell no i'm not gonna sit and do nothing.My voice matters.