Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Classic And The Expansion After BfA

Do you think that if classic server does better than what blizz thinks, would they make drastic changes to the next expansion to make it more like vanilla? How would they do it, where would they start changing if it happened? I personally don't plan to play classic but people say it was more like an rpg and I would love it if retail had more rpg elements as new games don't focus on that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsohta View Post
    Do you think that if classic server does better than what blizz thinks, would they make drastic changes to the next expansion to make it more like vanilla? How would they do it, where would they start changing if it happened? I personally don't plan to play classic but people say it was more like an rpg and I would love it if retail had more rpg elements as new games don't focus on that.
    Why would They Make the games similar? It’s Better to try to reach a wide audience than have the two games compete with each other.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    There is no point in thinking about it. Classic will flop after couple of months to its release after people remember how annoying it was.

My guess it will be reduced to a single realm to accomodate those hardcore vanilla players.
    such toxicity, much wow

There is no point in thinking about it. Classic will flop after couple of months to its release after people remember how annoying it was.

My guess it will be reduced to a single realm to accomodate those hardcore vanilla players.
    And the hardcore vanilla players will be most happy about that

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bugsix View Post
    such toxicity, much wow
    If anything, your comment is toxic. @Shnider has an opinion. I agree with him, you may not, that doesnt make his comment toxic in any form

OT: What Shnider said, but it really depends how Vanilla is actually released, if there going to be class changes, wich patch we gonna play, etc etc, we gonna know in about 2 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Cronoos View Post
    Why would They Make the games similar? It’s Better to try to reach a wide audience than have the two games compete with each other.
    But vanilla is an old game for people who wanted it, I doubt it will pull new players anyway so they wouldn't compete. For example, maybe not a very good idea but anyway, they could add more skills that does the same as the skills we already have but share cooldown so we just use the one we want, they would just belong to other schools of magic and look different. This idea came to me after learning that in vanilla some bosses were resistant to certain spells, they don't need to bring that part of it tho. There are other possibilities too, I just thought about this one now ahah

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by otyknip View Post
    If anything, your comment is toxic. @Shnider has an opinion. I agree with him, you may not, that doesnt make his comment toxic in any form
    Yes it does, because it depends on how you say it, not if it is an opinion or not, you can say the same things in a vulgar and in a non vulgar way.

Deleted
    I’m toxic because i formed my opinion with most respect to OP.

I wonder who is the toxic one between us.
    Your previous post did not contain 'most respect'

Deleted
    In what way i said it that it offended you so much?
    You did not offend me, your post was just toxic.

Deleted
    There is something very wrong with you. Are you sure you understand how communications work?

- - - Updated - - -

Ok. Whatever makes you feel better sparky.

And you still continue the toxic attitude

I agree with this. Heavy nostalgia clouds the mind. When players don't get to max level within a couple of days, they have to eat/drink after every fight and when they die trying to kill more than 2 mobs, I think is when a lot will stop playing.

Hundred of thousands active players play Vanilla in private servers, imagine how many would come back to play on real classic servers with real development?

Quote Originally Posted by Cronoos View Post
    The games competing with one another is the only way Blizzard can maximize the respective audiences.

Shit, their other games compete with WoW all the time, just not in direct or even overly effective ways due to genre or lack of gameplay overlap. Classic will literally just be WoW, but in vanilla. I wouldn't say that vanilla was a 'completely different' game back them, more along just half a game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TordFish View Post
    Hundred of thousands active players play Vanilla in private servers, imagine how many would come back to play on real classic servers with real development?
    Hundreds of thousands? Hundreds of thousands? You honestly think Nostrallius attracted hundreds of thousands of players?

Alright, I'll bite. What makes you think Blizzard is making Classic for those players? You can point to their words all you want, but I've believed Blizzard before and I won't again. I know what happens behind closed doors at Blizzard, I know it's where good ideas go to get fucked in the ass with thralls crystalline shaft. I refuse to even accept the idea Blizzard won't fuck Classic up 16 different ways before the beta even launches and while I don't encourage this mentality, I suggest a hefty, hefty amount of skepticism for Blizzard and their shit.

- - - Updated - - -

Good point. Here are some counter arguments:

Blizzard will most likely not offer it for free. I know for sure that most private server players will not pay to play.

Private servers tend to forge their numbers to attract server searchers.

Nostalrius is the only exception to this because many famous players openly asked players to sign the petition to blizzard after nostalrius announced their shut down.
    Yeah, their spam bot petition was 100% completely legit.

About as legit as those FCC comments.
    There is absolutely no basis for individual rights to firearms or self defense under any contextual interpretation of the second amendment of the United States Constitution. It defines clearly a militia of which is regulated of the people and arms, for the expressed purpose of protection of the free state. Unwillingness to take in even the most basic and whole context of these laws is exactly the road to anarchy.

I'm definitely interested to see the effect Classic servers have.

Quote Originally Posted by TordFish View Post
    Hundreds of thousands, lmfao. No, even if you combined all the worthwile vanilla private servers you still wouldn't get hundreds of thousands - you would get like 150k at best. A part of that will not play retail because guess what, it won't be free 2 play like private servers. You will probably need to pay a license for a new/refreshed client and a sub fee on top of that. That's not much of a playerbase compared to retail.

Deleted
    Lot of people i noticed, especially the ones who are pumped up for new expansion, bashing legacy server option.

They say people will quit it after 1 week playin, that classic game suck big time etc etc.

I stopped playin Legion after Argus launch, and moved to vanilla realm.

Guys i gotta say it is such a pleasure to play there, there is everything what i missed in present times wow.

People work together, lot of interractions, you have to work a lot, but when you succeed it is huge satisfaction, unlike freakin titanforging times.

I think i will stop paying for wow for good now. The reason for it, i realized how unfair Blizzard is. They remove from game nice things, so players starting to miss it, and after couple of years they enable it again. Great business they figured, take away, then give it back, so they look like they care about community. For example buffs, which will be back in next expansion. The less effort possible so people pay the cash.

I also was thinking recently, why the hell quests are so easy now days, there is no fun at all in this, but defo for blizzard it is way way easy to make content where u on never ending ap farm, it is less work for them, less effort. Bottom line is i wont be paying to such company not a single penny.

The journey of vanilla i am at now is incredible, and i play with tons of people who are friendly, at least while doing things together, it really is this way. I picked alchemy, i made a couple of health potions which saved my day, and i finished the important quest, just yay !! i missed this feeling for so long.

I dont miss pernament rage in legion, complaints at mythic+, everyone so hostile, and leaving things instantly, simply screw this, next expansion gonna be the same, wasted money.

Just look guys how much effort, and work they been putting to the game in past, and after wotlk. After wotlk they tried to figure out how to make mechanics long lasting, dull, turning players into robots. Okay Cata wasnt that bad yet, but that trend started big time from MoP dailies(same shit every day, who aggroes the mob first, like never ending job), WoD and its garrison, they screwed up with WoD, great pure Warcraft expansion with awesome charachters, turned into poo.

AND Legion now, good luck with titanforging, pathetic legendary farm, never ending ap, etc etc.

Incredible is how amazing work Blizzard did on first 3 patches of WoW. What a journey it has been, real Warcraft.

12,99 eur will donate to dog poor house

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by otyknip View Post

OT: What Shnider said, but it really depends how Vanilla is actually released, if there going to be class changes, wich patch we gonna play, etc etc, we gonna know in about 2 years.
    But Shniders comment was completely worthless to the thread. The either point of the thread is If classic does well, it's hypothetical.

If it does do very well I assume they'll looked into bringing some of the design ideas over. Maybe starting with balancing the leveling a bit better and increasing it's difficulty to see how the community reacts to it. I doubt they'll make major changes in design that soon after honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by fiif View Post
    But Shniders comment was completely worthless to the thread. The either point of the thread is If classic does well, it's hypothetical.

If it does do very well I assume they'll looked into bringing some of the design ideas over. Maybe starting with balancing the leveling a bit better and increasing it's difficulty to see how the community reacts to it. I doubt they'll make major changes in design that soon after honestly.
    I think it was Ion who said “there might be an expansion focused on races down the line” or something, they could improve some old zones and add more to the world than instances. It’s all just possibilites of course but now they have a server to see if adding back some aspects of the game or if removing them would make people happy and I think it will affect retail to some degree. I hope I didn’t open the thread in wrong section, I was in a hurry while doing it.

Deleted
    I don’t think you know what toxic means.
    "toxic" in his mind means talking negatively or even slightly remotely rational about his holy grail of gaming

just looks at some of the threads he created...

I’m toxic because i formed my opinion with most respect to OP.

I wonder who is the toxic one between us.
    I foresee you having issues finding a group in Vanilla. But hey it's just an opinion.