Page 14 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    Again you seem to be dealing in only absolutes as if only one version of the game can exist when that isn't the case.
    You will see, that over time, one will become the dominant, there is no other way, just like WoW dwarfed every other mmo, WoW will dwarf WoW itself, it's just to see if retail will remain alive, or vanilla will eat it up.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok, then if looking at same genres, how come still more than 1 MMO are popular and not dying?
    Because Blizzard is doing everything it can to kill WoW (up to this point)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Melrael View Post
    Agreed. That was the golden era in my eyes, tanking was fun, but still challenging enough so not everyone seemed to be able to do it.
    I'm thinking about going prot warrior in classic just with the mindset of getting to tank in TBC someday as well. I plan on taking my time leveling up reading quest text and not follow guides or use the internet...so I don't wanna redo it all to play elemental shaman again in TBC. I was lucky enough to have a good reputation and awesome friends during TBC to get me instant groups any time I liked...but it's not guaranteed to happen again...I don't wanna struggle like a lot of ele shamans did lol

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bugsix View Post
    You will see, that over time, one will become the dominant, there is no other way, just like WoW dwarfed every other mmo, WoW will dwarf WoW itself, it's just to see if retail will remain alive, or vanilla will eat it up.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, because pumping massive amounts of money to increase the team size and amount of tie-in stuff they produce related to an expansion is them trying kill it off. And then not even using any of that increased team to work on classic.

Please, if they wanted to kill WoW they would just shut it down. As long as it's producing a profit they don't have any interest in shutting down a project (as is with most companies in general, which in turn leads to a successful company)
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

I have to say, it is nice to see all these threads discussing vanilla and classic bla bla bla, but here is the elephant in the room:

It is unclear when classic servers will arrive. There is a pretty good chance this will take a year or more than that.

I am just wondering when specifically all the enthusiasm will start turning into "WTF, how long do we have to wait?". I give it 6 months.

Issue with "new vanilla content" is that it would no longer be vanilla but some AU version of vanilla.
    Thats for them to decide. You could have some servers do a roll back, others continue on with what ever patch they deploy. You could have one server treated as an AU one and play around with it. Whos to say that all the vanilla servers have to be exactly the same? It does depend on the size of the team and resources available tough. So we will wait and see what they choose to go with I guess. Hell they could even do progression style to a new expansion but thats another can of worms.

Deleted
    First, I enjoy retail more than I would enjoy Classic so I will probably not playing on such servers, or only sporadically. I don't believe that they would allow getting things from Classic into your retail collection, although this would surely motivate many people to invest into at least one character there. (Never got a ZG tiger, because I don't have much luck, only have seen one drop and rolled bad.)

Andyway, my personal PoV and also a sensible one (at least from the marketing and target group perspective) would be to leave Classic as "oldschool" as possible. No features from TBC or later expansions. Probably B-net integration to keep the overall playerbase connected (and to make people curious about this part of blizzard gaming community), but not much else. I would not mind an update to graphics (which should then also extend to retail in case of item textures, for example), but I also would not mind if they leave the original graphics as they were and old character models.

Classic should provide a different game experience then retail, thus they should keep it as it was.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    I have to say, it is nice to see all these threads discussing vanilla and classic bla bla bla, but here is the elephant in the room:

It is unclear when classic servers will arrive. There is a pretty good chance this will take a year or more than that.

I am just wondering when specifically all the enthusiasm will start turning into "WTF, how long do we have to wait?". I give it 6 months.
    My prediction is either:
    a) Highly unlikely - during Legion's drought
    b) Unlikely but still possible - During BfA's patch cycle
    c) Likely (and what im hoping for) - During BfA's drought

Quote Originally Posted by hmzlol View Post
    Classic servers are for people who enjoy classic vanilla experience and nothing else. Retail players has nothing to do with current vanilla state of affairs. Entitled retail players you should stop with your irrelevant demands, you add zero value to the conversation.

Anyway, the love is real. Former Team Lead of Classic WoW. Mark Kern, and his Open Letter to Blizzard Entertainment.

gotta love how fired ex-blizz employee comes crawling and begging for any job on classic after his own "gonna show blizz how its really done " projekct failed

and idiots support him beliving that he is doin that from goodnes of his heart.

Deleted
    Please, if they wanted to kill WoW they would just shut it down
    They are doing it unintentionally by bad decisions for the game, they are making the game 'more casual friendly' in hope of getting wider audience which in turn backfires.

The sweet spot was something like vanilla.

Deleted
    I'm a retailer and I hope they keep it 100% the same as it was in vanilla^^

Deleted
    lest be honest here most people who try classic realms, be they retail or private server players, wont stay. private servers have more QoL stuff in them then most people realize. There will still be private servers after this with exp boost and more items per boss and what not enabled.

Having said that retail players are the ones footing the bill for development of classic realms and are more likely to stay subscribed then private server players are to subscribe at all, so it would be foolish to not take them seriously.

I know i personally would be a lot more motivated to try vanilla if i could get the TMOG of any items i get on vanilla in the retail version, lots of things in vanilila that are unobtainable on retail now. (note that this does not require tmog in the vanilla version)

Deleted
    My prediction is either:
    a) Highly unlikely - during Legion's drought
    b) Unlikely but still possible - During BfA's patch cycle
    c) Likely (and what im hoping for) - During BfA's drought
    Kinda wish it'd be sooner than C, as someone who's unlikely to get BfA, it'd be nice to have a MMORPG to play. Though if they've only just started the work, it seems quite unlikely to come in next year or so.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Melrael View Post
    Kinda wish it'd be sooner than C, as someone who's unlikely to get BfA, it'd be nice to have a MMORPG to play. Though if they've only just started the work, it seems quite unlikely to come in next year or so.
    Thing is, blizzard seems to be competitive with other company releases in the same genre, while trying not to overlap their own releases.

No it's the retail players that see the 'classic' servers as the enemy.

We know we are getting vanilla, and they hate that we will have fun in a good game while they will be sitting in garrison and clicking on lootboxes.
    Heh. If that were true, then there wouldn't be large threads devoted to "Demanding" things of the classic servers, with people arguing over it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok, then if looking at same genres, how come still more than 1 MMO are popular and not dying?
    different people like different things. When MMOs simply rip off other MMos - they die, because why the fuck would i play Wildstar, if it's just a "our take on WoW?". Maybe that's a bad example, but i hope you get my point. Warhammer died off quickly when these rivaling "PvP MMOs" came into the game, because GW didn't change it enough to keep players playing.

Oh my god how i miss my black orc pvp...

- - - Updated - - -

That's just ridiculous argument

- - - Updated - - -

It "became dominant" and "dwarfed every other mmo" simply because they came after common denominator - casual players. WoW came out as it is now simply because it was easy to play MMO, and it still is
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2017-11-22 at 01:08 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    different people like different things. When MMOs simply rip off other MMos - they die, because why the fuck would i play Wildstar, if it's just a "our take on WoW?". Maybe that's a bad example, but i hope you get my point. Warhammer died off quickly when these rivaling "PvP MMOs" came into the game, because GW didn't change it enough to keep players playing.
    Oh, I completely understand that, and it's exactly whats gonna happen with Classic and retail. People will play where they enjoy since not everybody enjoys classic or retail. But the poster i was replying to said that one playerbase would eat up the other on only one would exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    Now you got every Tom, Joe, and Henry wanting updated Graphics, their Death Knight, Class balance, Xrealm PVP, etc etc.
    Not really. These people are trolls and Legion babies who want to try vanilla. Blizzard isn't going to change a solitary thing about the engine, mechanics, gameplay.
    Do..
    Not...
    Worry!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zomgzerg View Post
    tbh blizzard should just block everyone who signed up after burning crusade from posting in the suggestion forums
    Take it a step further, only people in the original early f&f alpha can give suggestions since they are the only ones that experienced the ORIGINAL wow feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by Vineri View Post
    Blizzard isn't doing this for charity. They want to capitalize on the Vanilla market. If they add chocolate chips, they missed their mark. (Kern hehe).
    So what if the majority of classic supporters do want chocolate chips or strawberry syrup on their vanilla?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zomgzerg View Post
    tbh blizzard should just block everyone who signed up after burning crusade from posting in the suggestion forums
    i mean, fuck russians for switching to russian realms instead of playing with 500 ping, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.