Some changes I think we can all agree on and I hope Blizzard takes into account

1 - Server sizes: After playing on some private servers I really, really hope they bump the server sizes (maybe to 4-5k). I think true Vanilla numbers were around 2-2.5k

2 - Dynamic respawn: If a group of people are farming for a quest mob/item having a dynamic respawn would be pretty amazing!

3 - Allowing us to create Horde and Alliance characters on the same PVP server

Just my opinion and I think a lot of people will agree these changes would really make Vanilla better but also keeping the spirit of Vanilla alive.
    Last edited by Orpheus66; 2017-11-25 at 12:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Orpheus66 View Post
    3 - Allowing us to create Horde and Alliance characters on the same server
    Normal, i.e. PvE servers, have always allowed this - it's only the PvP servers that prevented you from having Alliance and Horde characters on the same server.

Quote Originally Posted by Davemetalhead View Post
    Normal, i.e. PvE servers, have always allowed this - it's only the PvP servers that prevented you from having Alliance and Horde characters on the same server.
    I honestly didn't know that, only played on PvP servers. Well then I hope they allow that on PvP servers

I hope they open up a couple mega servers with 10-15k max pop for people who fancy that sort of experience.
    Patch 1.12, and not one step further!

yeah i had horde chars in classic along side my alliance chars, you could make them on pve servers. although silvermoon-eu has had a spotty horde population since forever, we had a couple of guilds here and there and i think we have some at the moment unsure/haven't really checked. but yeah for a lot of classic>tbc> horde side was a ghost town. its cool to have both faction characters but it helps if there are actually ppl playing on the other side lol.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2017-11-25 at 02:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MMKing View Post
    I hope they open up a couple mega servers with 10-15k max pop for people who fancy that sort of experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Heathy View Post
    yeah i had horde chars in classic along side my alliance chars, you could make them on pve servers. although silvermoon-eu has had a spotty horde population since forever, we had a couple of guilds here and there and i think we have some at the moment unsure/haven't really checked. but yeah for a lot of classic>tbc> horde side was a ghost town. its cool to have both faction characters but it helps if there are actually ppl playing on the other side lol.
    So many people want the private server experience on a professional infrastructure but I have a very strong feeling Blizzard is going to purposely fuck this up then say "told you"
    Last edited by Orpheus66; 2017-11-25 at 03:08 PM.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    So many people want the private server experience on a professional infrastructure but I have a very strong feeling Blizzard is going to purposely fuck this up then say "told you"
    This sort of tinfoil-hat stuff is very unhelpful.

Blizzard have basically two goals:

1) Make money in the short-term.

2) Make money in the long-term.

If you think "purposely fucking up" a product that will cost tens of millions to develop serves either of those goals, you're being extremely silly. It is genuinely a paranoid belief to think that Blizzard are going to fuck anything like this up "on purpose". At absolute worst, they might decide it wasn't very profitable, and minimize costs, which might have a negative impact, but even that is unlikely. Given the high degree of fan engagement and emotional charge around this issue, as well as high potential short-term profits (even if they just get a few million players back for a few months at normal sub rates, and/or retain players that they'd otherwise have lost, that's an awful lot of money), as well as decent long-term ones, there is no chance they will "purposely" fuck anything up.

Of course every single decision that someone here doesn't love will be characterized as that, but that's a problem with internet discussions, not Blizzard.

I hope they keep on top of the issues, no doubt a lot of folks are going to find classic very difficult to keep playing for various reasons.

don't get me wrong i'm happy for the ppl who wanted this and i hope at least a few servers manage to maintain a community but i can't help feel a little sceptical on how well it will manage to retain ppl. I remember a lot of down time during classic and that might put a lot of folks off from playing it as much as they did the first time.

its the screenshots you see of classic wow with all the ppl standing in stormwind or ironforge, 100s of ppl on screen standing around in town, its cool to look at 'whoa look at all those players' but then you have to ask the question 'why are they all standing around in town'.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2017-11-25 at 03:41 PM.

Good suggestion.

4 Allow addon, especially "Gear Score" and "Recount". I hate to carry baddies.

Just a reminder, you could not transfert a toon from a PvE server on a PvP server

Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    Good suggestion.

4 Allow addon, especially "Gear Score" and "Recount". I hate to carry baddies.
    I don't really understand what you are asking. Addons have always been around, even since Vanilla. For them to "addlow addons" they would first need to remove addons