Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    The hardest content in Legion is harder than anything you could do in Classic. The easiest and average content in Legion might be more lightly tuned.

Sounds like a undebatable superior difficulty setting. Appropriated content for everyone.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mich4el View Post
    You cant do it you are just trying to find excuses your not skilled enough to down KT but you are finding excuses " I don't have time"
    this is what going to happen when vanilla come out all those who claimed legion was harder will change into "i can do it but i don't have time"
    we all know its just excuses from
    Could you explain what it is exactly about the KT fight that makes it too hard for me to complete?

edit: I recommend you watch the FatBoss guide to Argus the Unmaker. I know afterwards you won't admit in this thread that you were misinformed in your view, but I know you'll know deep down inside yourself and that's enough for me.

You cant do it you are just trying to find excuses your not skilled enough to down KT but you are finding excuses " I don't have time"
    this is what going to happen when vanilla come out all those who claimed legion was harder will change into "i can do it but i don't have time"
    we all know its just excuses from

Awesome! it also double as good way to avoid weebs such as yourself

While its a clear lie and you have no proof even if you were right you are basically saying that vanilla is 4 times harder than legion so this is pointless anyway

Did i compare wow with another game ? No! I compared wow with its shadow
    They really aren't even the same game anymore. But even comparatively Legion is much harder in the end game than Classic was. Also switch the lines for your signature lol. Battle for Azeroth will have millions. Classic might have A SINGLE million on launch.

Are you trolling? fine i will bite
    If you finish witcher 3 on easy guess what you FINISHED THE GAME
    you cant finish Dark souls on easy however there is only one game mode in dark souls

This is a fact and there is no need for source for something so obvious
    Mythic end-bosses tend to have an additional phase to the lower modes...sooo you can't claim actual completion until then. Making your argument invalid.

you cant finish Dark souls on easy however there is only one game mode in dark souls

Using a shield or a high strength build is easy mode in Dark Souls.

Deleted
    Mithych kil'jeaden took 800+ wipes for the best guild in the world, for the third one took 1200+. Avatar was stated by sco to be mathematicaly impossible before a live hotfix.

Play at competive level i'm curious to know you will make the same shitty claim
    Last edited by mmoc9979bd922c; 2017-11-25 at 09:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Detheavn View Post
    That never happened on live realms.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucarocks92 View Post
    A person who guild lead and raid lead several world firsts throughout multiple expansions is a "clueless imbecile"

Perhaps watch the video first
    Also rember that when he refunded nihilim he got kicked out by rick and trekie becouse they failed even to reach top 20

Everything in Legions is the most easy content in an MMO ever released, except for the most hardcore raiding. Which is aimed towards a VERY small % of the playerbase, and still Naxx60 was harder than anything ever released. Why? You could have the best gear possible and still get 1-2 shotted.

I got Legion and 30 days play time for free, but how the hell do people even care to lvl up? It was seriously so easy I fell asleep at the computer. Everything except for hardcore raiding is a snooze and uninspirational. 98% of the games content is made for 8 year olds.

That's the thing making people want vanilla back. It was difficult, for everyone. Didn't matter what you wanted to do, the game had a challenge. It wasn't locked to hardcore raiding being the only decent content.

Edit: Also, Kazzak is a boss that can be killed with 5-15 people depending on gear. Isn't a late raiding boss. And it was fixed before it went to live servers. But you kiddies don't care about facts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    That never happened on live realms.
    Fuck yeah it did: http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Reckoning_Bomb

Quote Originally Posted by TordFish View Post
    Everything in Classic is the most easy content in an MMO ever released, except for the most hardcore raiding. Which is aimed towards a VERY small % of the playerbase, and still Naxx60 was harder than anything ever released. Why? You could have the best gear possible and still get 1-2 shotted.

I got Classic and 30 days play time for free, but how the hell do people even care to lvl up? It was seriously so easy I fell asleep at the computer. Everything except for hardcore raiding is a snooze and uninspirational. 98% of the games content is made for 8 year olds.

That's the thing making people want vanilla back. It was difficult, for everyone. Didn't matter what you wanted to do, the game had a challenge. It was locked to hardcore raiding being the only decent content.
    it works both ways i'm afraid. entirely down to your own subjectivity.

10+ Year Old Account
    What's the point of this thread OP?

Quote Originally Posted by Detheavn View Post
    Oh so it was an exploit that required 3 people to kill the boss. An exploit that was patched within 24 hours. That is comparable to a solo that only required one person using no exploits how?
    Last edited by Barnabas; 2017-11-25 at 09:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Heathy View Post
    it works both ways i'm afraid. entirely down to your own subjectivity.
    What? No it doesn't. It was easier than Everquest and Anarchy Online. Everquests difficuly wasn't really because the game was hard though, it was because you got 0 explanation about anything. "Get me this bag, which is in Westfall... Somewhere"-quests. But a lot harder than other MMOs (or MMO-like games) like Guild Wars.

If you compare Legion to Classic, all content but a few bosses are so easy you don't have to even try. In vanilla, all content was challenging. That's what people like about it. Classics difficulty with raiding was more than just mechanics as well.

Almost everyone saying that Legions IS in fact harder because 0.05% of the playerbase, which does not include them, have to kill a few bosses that is harder but a LOT less time consuming to kill. It just doesn't hold up.
    Last edited by Askyl; 2017-11-25 at 09:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    If your argument is "the game is easy", and you are picking the easiest difficulty, then that's just a faulty argument is the point.

It doesn't matter whether or not you think there isn't a "reward" for doing anything higher than LFR, it doesn't change that you're opting to do the easiest mode and that's on you. Can't really say the game is "far easier" if you're the one making that choice.
    Are you trying to make the argument that having easy modes available does not actually make a game easier? Because I absolutely disagree. A game that has no recourse when you hit a wall is inherently a more difficult game. For that reason a game's difficulty should always be judged by its easiest route to the end. Any game can be difficult with self-imposed or optional challenges, which is what harder difficulty modes are, when at the end of the day all what really counts is that you get to the end. Modern WoW offers a very easy way to get to the end and kill the bad guys. Again to use Dark Souls, if the game offered you a menu option to insta-kill the bosses, the game would be easier, and I don't see how anyone could argue with this.

Couldn't help but notice you avoided the 2nd part of the post as well, which is a different issue than the one above but still related. Does 1% of the game being difficulty make up for the other 99% being easy?

Quote Originally Posted by TordFish View Post
    What? No it doesn't. It was easier than Everquest and Anarchy Online. Everquests difficuly wasn't really because the game was hard though, it was because you got 0 explanation about anything. "Get me this bag, which is in Westfall... Somewhere"-quests. But a lot harder than other MMOs (or MMO-like games) like Guild Wars.

If you compare Legion to Classic, all content but a few bosses are so easy you don't have to even try. In vanilla, all content was challenging. That's what people like about it. Classics difficulty with raiding was more than just mechanics as well.
    well the challenge is in the mythic encounters, thats where you go if you want a challenge, i did heroic this expansion and it was challenging enough for me. some bosses just fell over, others were harder to get right.

problem with classic is not realy with the encounter difficulty but the lack of things to actually do in the game at 60. you have raiding, and farming 3 dungeons. once you start raiding all the dungeon content becomes trivially irrelevant. i personally like that the 5 man content remains challenging, although there is a breakpoint between challenge and bullshit tuning. mythic + is fun upto a certain point then its bullshit/borderline impossible or just outright impossible.

I didn't care much for levelling, i wanted to get to 60 and start raiding asap, but i spent a lot of days doing nothing because there was no raid that day, there was basically nothing to do, that was worth doing.

game has always had easy entry content and then scales up from there. classic had molten core/zg, tbc had karazhan, wrath had naxx, there were entry raids all the way that were easy and threw loot at you without trying that much.

in the end once you start raiding that is where the bulk of the challenge in the game is going to come from. there wasn't a whole lot to do outside of raiding.

Time commitment isn't much of a barrier on a server thats forever classic, ppl didn't get to naxx because they didn't have time to get to it, on a server that stays in classic everyone has time to eventually get to it, back in actual classic you would have had to raid every day nearly, maximise your loot drops every week, if you wanted to see naxx before it was made obsolete by the launch of tbc.
    this time ppl will have forever to get to the end with no expansion release looming on the horizon. so time sink/time commitment.. not a challenge, you'll be able to casually progress at whatever pace you want. 1-2 raids a week no problem, you'll get there eventually.

as a side note i did get a cleric to like 75 in EQ maybe a couple years ago, it was alright i could take the datedness of it but the grind was unbearable in the end.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2017-11-25 at 10:12 PM.

Vanilla is difficult in the sense that Dark Souls is difficult. It is still MMO-Lite compared to SWG/EQ/DAOC/DF

It is not, and won't be for everyone(unless they water it down.)

My guild cleared Naxx first for the Horde(US) - Nihilum was first Horde(EU). We had plenty of drama, but no mouth breathers.
    The hilarious points of people being 'smarter' or better players are just that; hilarious. We were mostly all adults, educated and used to playing MMOs that were less forgiving than WoW Vanilla(GASP). Some people sucked in PvP, some were good. Generally, people who PvPed at a high level could raid with ease. Alot of GMs/HWLs were great players, as a result of living and breathing PvP to achieve their rank.

If Vanilla releases as Vanilla, the results will be the same - winners, losers, and those who sit on the sideline screaming NO LIFE!
    Personally I think there will be more winners than in Vanilla and that's a good thing, not a bad thing. More people that get to say; "I did it the old, tedious, soul crushing way."

Im happy I did it that way, will you be?

10+ Year Old Account
    The only difficulties were preparing your 39 other raiders and doing napkin math. Retail's mechanics make up for QoL changes, whereas Classic addons had little limitations and bosses weren't tuned to said addons.
    Last edited by Polybius; 2017-11-25 at 09:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    Oh so it was an exploit that required 3 people to kill the boss. An exploit that was patched within 24 hours. That is comparable to a solo that only required one person using no exploits how?
    He exploited the fact that enrage can time out during phase 1 if you leave up Gul'Dan and the jailer, and do not get hit for the 30 minutes it takes after Gul'Dan enrages for the enrage to fall off.

Quote Originally Posted by Caen3 View Post
    Vanilla is difficult in the sense that Dark Souls is difficult. It is still MMO-Lite compared to SWG/EQ/DAOC/DF
    Not even close.

Dark Souls is difficult because it requires a higher than normal amount of timing and awareness, and then is extremely punishing when mistakes are made.

Vanilla is """difficult""" because it requires a lot of time investment and tedium. It requires very little timing compared to the average MoP+ encounter, nearly no awareness at all (lol 8 second living bomb), and is almost never punishing for anyone but tanks, because 40 man raids mean personal responsibility in most situations is next to nothing.
    Last edited by Hitei; 2017-11-25 at 10:00 PM.

You still have not provided anything that made Vanilla "hard". Many simpletons believe Vanilla was "hardcore" or "harder than Legion"

This is false. Vanilla's grind and tedious work to build group gave the illusion of difficulty. You have lost.... again and again and again.