Poll: Would you like Druids 4 Specs to be more Unique and Special.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    This is most likely for balance purposes.

I doubt they want Resto Druid to have Bear Form as a defensive CD.

We'll have to wait and see though.

I'm going to necro this thread BECAUSE IT IS RELEVANT CONSIDERING RECENT DEVELOPMENTS.

Apparently Zandalari are going to be able to be druids, and at least their travel form will be a dinosaur (raptor).
    https://twitter.com/TheLostCodex/sta...66845671841794

Maybe this was why they changed to "Shapeshift Form"? Because they're not going to be bears or cats, but different dinosaurs? HOPE SO!

15+ Year Old Account
    Well if a Guardian Druid only has access to "Bear"-form and a Feral only to "Cat"-form.
    I would welcome that cleans up the spellbook quite a bit!

If i play Guardian i almost never find myself in cat-form anyway. Same goes for the otherway around.
    Then lvl 45 affinity talents should become (choice)-buttons allowing you to preform another role for a fixed amount of time.

7+ Year Old Account
    Would not happen.

The whole theme of druids are being able to shapeshift into different animal forms... regardless of spec. Blizzard even dedicated a whole expansion to "class fantasy and theme" that only re-affirmed this.

Your proposal is silly and if implemented would bite off a chunk of some of the immersion of this game. Whatever is left, that is.
    Last edited by MechaCThun; 2017-11-26 at 05:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckypoo View Post
    One would think that by now Blizzard would leave shit (that isn't broken) alone. I often wonder if they sit around and make bets on how bad they can fuck up the game and still keep subs.
    They broke it though. Used to be bear, cat, travel, aquatic and flying form. Now it's less choice, less fun.

It is going to allow them to tweak and balance druids around their own spec in pvp and not the tools that carry over from others. I imagine some of this is a skill cap change too. The difference between a good druid in pvp and a bad one is alarming.

- - - Updated - - -

No more cat sprint in other specs will take a bit to get used to. This will also mean they will be reworking talents like displacer beast and a few others.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shade3891 View Post
    Well if a Guardian Druid only has access to "Bear"-form and a Feral only to "Cat"-form.
    I would welcome that cleans up the spellbook quite a bit!

If i play Guardian i almost never find myself in cat-form anyway. Same goes for the otherway around.
    Then lvl 45 affinity talents should become (choice)-buttons allowing you to preform another role for a fixed amount of time.
    If this means the stupid affinity talents go away I am all for this change.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Bad poll is bad.

This is just a minor change to a tooltip, probably to set up more choices for shapeshift forms later on. Like the artifact skins or zandalari dinos (drool). Plus it would open up more customization options for droods, who rarely get to enjoy the transmog fun.

Blizz already tried that "1 spec 1 form) BS and it was a disaster.
    "Lets take the class based around shapeshifting and effectively take away their shapeshifting".

I'd love to see a system where druids can collect new forms for the specs, similar to how hunters can tame new pets. That would be sweet. You could even just adapt some of the back end hunter systems, basing cat, bear, and resto forms on hunter pet families.
    "Stop being a giant trolling asshole." - Boubouille
    "The Internet is built on complaints about asinine things" - prefect
    "Facts became discussable when critical thinking stopped being the focus of education."- Chonogo
    "Sometimes people confuse "We Don't Understand This Yet" with "Ooga Booga Space Magic" - Chazus

Quote Originally Posted by Hugnomo View Post
    I'm going to necro this thread BECAUSE IT IS RELEVANT CONSIDERING RECENT DEVELOPMENTS.

Apparently Zandalari are going to be able to be druids, and at least their travel form will be a dinosaur (raptor).
    https://twitter.com/TheLostCodex/sta...66845671841794

Maybe this was why they changed to "Shapeshift Form"? Because they're not going to be bears or cats, but different dinosaurs? HOPE SO!
    The raptor travel form is the only thing that’s changing for the zandalari druids. They’ll still have bear and cat form. (Ion confirmed this in his last interview)

Quote Originally Posted by Broken Fox View Post
    The raptor travel form is the only thing that’s changing for the zandalari druids. They’ll still have bear and cat form. (Ion confirmed this in his last interview)
    Yeah I know. My comment was from a while ago before Ion said it. But thanks!

Being able to maintain multiple forms is what keeps the druid versatile and is a key element of their class identity

If this idea were a person I would slather it with ketchup and feed it to starving racoons

Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    I would love it, fuck those druids turning bear when you are about to kill them
    This. This is why it would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfrick View Post
    In Patch 7.3.2 they changed Cat and Bear form to "shapeshift form"

All druids will still have "Travel form"

IDEA: In the Next Expansion, Guardian druids can only turn into Bear, Feral druid can only turn into Cat and Moonguards can only turn into Boomkins.

In the World of Warcraft Lore and even in Warcraft lll druids had to learn 1 kind of form and keep to it, since shapshifting is Very hard on your body and soul.

This would make each and every spec for the druids very Unique and special.

I love this idea. Great work Blizzard!!!

What do you guys think?
    Sorry, I know I'm coming into this discussion 3 pages in. But I think it would be great if each spec was forced to choose one form, and sacrifice others, exactly how other classes have to with their specs.

However! If this was done, I would also fully expect Blizzard to create different appearances and upgrades and the same level of detail that other classes get as well. You get a new tier of gear, your shapeshift form should carry a similar appearance to show off to others how you look. Different tattoos, glows, auras, jewelry, etc.

Druids have ALWAYS gotten the shaft when it comes to armor and weapon appearances. Now is the time to change that.

I'm sure it is just tooltip stuff and w.e data mining errors, but if they want to make Bear Form Guardian only and Cat Form Feral only thats just 1 more step in the wrong direction. Also #classfantasy I'm a druid who can't shift into shit? cool.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    And basically destroy and piss off an entire Class of players? Yeah nah. As a Resto Druid I use all my forms regularly. If suddenly Resto had base form and Travel form only. I would instantly re-roll to another class.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Talvindius View Post
    This. This is why it would be nice.
    Yeah lets ruin an entire class because people suck at PvP against them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ReleaseDay View Post
    They broke it though. Used to be bear, cat, travel, aquatic and flying form. Now it's less choice, less fun.
    Atm I have all of those, + treant form. How is that less choice?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alvito View Post
    If this means the stupid affinity talents go away I am all for this change.
    Affinity is the best part of Druids. Removing it would be shittier.

that would be the worst change ever

Quote Originally Posted by Duckypoo View Post
    One would think that by now Blizzard would leave shit (that isn't broken) alone. I often wonder if they sit around and make bets on how bad they can fuck up the game and still keep subs.
    This. And no. No more dumbing down. It is bad enough that I can't chose my travel form freely any more, why would I want to restrict myself any more?

Deleted
    Wow.. folks in this thread... it's just a tooltip cleanup for the dummy spell from talent specialization choice

15+ Year Old Account
    All but guardian need to lose bear form. All but feral need to lose cat form. Balance is the only spec that gets moonkin form. Dash could easily be made to activate travel form (and make travel form usable indoors) for non-feral & stays cat form for feral. I'm so damn tired of seeing druids go bear & pop frenzied regen and get nearly full damn HP back after you got them down to like 10%. Its bullshit. It was bad enough when mana burn/drain were still in the game that resto druids could pop bear or cat to escape being drained of all their mana since bear & cat forms didn't have mana bars.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    And basically destroy and piss off an entire Class of players? Yeah nah. As a Resto Druid I use all my forms regularly. If suddenly Resto had base form and Travel form only. I would instantly re-roll to another class.
    You mean like getting rid of an entire spec for Hunters, and replacing with a completely unnecessary, unneeded, and unwanted melee spec?

Blizzard is going to do whatever the hell they want, regardless of what players think.

This would literally ruin the druid class and it would be the opposite of everything a druid was for...