Poll: Which you prefer?

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Seeing that even privat servers can support/add the new moddels, it should be no problem for blizzard. I too am in for it as an toggle. But let the old be default. That way, you will see it firsthand and you can decide afterwards, if you want the new one. As for animation, do it like they done it in WoD. Old with old animations, new with new animations. Without demonhunter there is no need to force it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by monopoly man View Post
    I'd like new graphics as an option, similar to how the old models can be toggled on/off in the menu right now. I don't see what would be the problem, because it doesn't affect gameplay and people who want to use old graphics won't be affected
    You already have the answer in this particular topic: it's do affect if they'll use current/WoD toggle. So, either they do everything fair - as expected, or don't do at all.
    Last edited by Alkizon; 2017-11-28 at 05:39 AM.
    __---=== IMHO(+cg) and MORE |"links-inside" ===---__

__---=== PM me WHERE if I'm unnecessarily "notifying" you ===---__

As long as I can still load it up on the same computer i had in 2004.

Quote Originally Posted by TordFish View Post
    Will it affect gameplay? Not much. Guild banks were alts anyway, you had endless of space. It was just an unnecessary hassle.
    Yes it will as guild banking made life much, much simpler for resource hoarders and auction manipulators.
    Will guildbanks affect the challenge? No, it will not make a difference.
    It will make difference in the economy.
    Will it affect the social part of the game? Yes, it'll be positive and more community building within a guild.
    No it will be as negative as it was back in the day. It's amazing how everyone forgot the sudden waves of vacuuming \ flooding the AH that happened after the guild banks were added.
    Will it affect the sense of achievement? It will make no difference.
    Sense ... of achievement?
    So, add it.
    So, don't add it!

I don't expect the developers to perfectly replicate the old visuals. I want the models to stay the same of course, not only the player models obviously. But the terrain models as well, but i don't expect them to nail every single detail and nuance down. A couple examples.

-Terrain changing in shape due to the loading of textures as you move closer or further away... or you even turn the camera.

-Spell effects becoming completely invisible as you turn the camera. This is especially the case with some ''breath'' attacks that are quite big in visual size, but the models ''center'' is situated at the NPC casting the spell. By turning the camera, the effect can become completely invisible despite the fact that it should be visible.

I hope they try to emulate the terrain loading in, and they keep the fog at a certain distance. It would not make sense that you see the entirety of southern barrens from the crossroads, but you cannot see any mobs due to mobs not loading in before you get closer. Draw distance and mobs appearing being linked in that regard. However, i don't expect them to replicate the effects perfectly. The issue regarding not seeing spell effects can be fixed for all i care. It was clearly not intended by the developers that effects disappear as the mob casting it is no longer on the screen.
    Patch 1.12, and not one step further!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Egregious View Post
    To get updated graphics would require a fucking technical miracle and essential rebuild of the entire game.
    That's why these threads are crazy and pointless, and only serve trolling. Classic means the base game, without expansions. Expansions over time brought everything else ppl see in Legion now. At the time of the classic game, these things were nonexistent. These trolls and brats just expect/imagine some kind of WoW 2.0. They are not the target audience of the classic game.

Forums are in flames already, because of these threads, imagine what will happen when these kiddos get the real classic game from Blizz. I also doubt that those infamous classic private servers have such features that some ppl expect from Blizz to happen on the official classic servers. These ppl are deluded.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    You guys wanted Plain old WoW 1.0 that is what you should get. No graphic updates, no quality of life updates, just exactly what we had back then.

What does everyone not get about a Vanilla experience?

Give me the same package I can get from any of the current pirated servers with some version of one of the original clients. How can there be 11 pages of debating what that experience should be? The whole driving factor for this entire project are those original versions. Every single private server that drove Blizzard to this project had one single common thread: vanilla, untouched, and unchanged.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't understand why people would be against graphical updates. mostly since when people be little cry baby bitches about how much they love Vanilla and how Retail is bad they always cite "Gameplay" as the reason.

Graphics isn't gameplay. Why not have the game look good and play like Vanilla?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by maomoa View Post

Give me the same package I can get from any of the current pirated servers with some version of one of the original clients. How can there be 11 pages of debating what that experience should be? The whole driving factor for this entire project are those original versions. Every single private server that drove Blizzard to this project had one single common thread: vanilla, untouched, and unchanged.
    Lol bullshit. most Private servers have alterations to the game. Many even added the Graphical model updates.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account

11 pages? Try 1100 threads. The WoW community has proven once and for all they never really knew what the hell they wanted in the first place.

Deleted

It's trolling. These threads should be locked automatically, because they don't serve anything useful, just playing with the nerves of sane ppl, who know what is classic and what to expect from it.

I don't understand. Do you want to play Vanilla or not? Anything that changed the game when BC first launched is NOT VANILLA. You want to play Vanilla then you better be OK with the game as it was and no cherry picking of this or that. Anything else is just makes you a fraud. I got no respect for anyone that claims they're playing Vanilla and it's *Improved* Vanilla. I imagine a lot of actual Vanilla players won't go near it.

Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    11 pages? Try 1100 threads. The WoW community has proven once and for all they never really knew what the hell they wanted in the first place.
    Who's "The WoW community"? I know perfectly well what I want and that is the game exactly as it was back in the day, untouched by "QoL" and unstained by the new animations. I'm not part of some hive-mind or "community". Love generalizing, aren't we?
    Last edited by Wiedzemir; 2017-11-28 at 07:28 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Say it with me again:

That's
    not
    vanilla

If you want fancy graphical updates, you can play current WoW.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by zomgzerg View Post
    most people played vanilla on CRT monitors at 1024*768 or whatever resolutions, just playing 1080p the same thing today will be a nice upgrade
    Oh yeah, 1024*768 CRT hooked up to the MX440. Dark age of technology.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post

Lol bullshit. most Private servers have alterations to the game. Many even added the Graphical model updates.
    I have played on most, if not all, original World Of Warcraft private servers (what you and yours call "pirate" servers hahaha) since 2008 or so, and not one of them had any alterations at all with respect to Blizzard's original version, except some of the non popular servers which altered the experience rate.

Like you were told before when you tried to give your opinion on Classic Hunter rotation but you didn't know that Arcane Shot shared a cooldown with Aimed Shot, you should stick to things pertaining to Retail that your simple brain understands best, i.e. Kung Fu Pandas, Pokemon and Ponies and refrain from intellectually challenging discussions.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wiedzemir View Post
    Who's "The WoW community"? I know perfectly well what I want and that is the game exactly as it was back in the day, untouched by "QoL" and unstained by the new animations. I'm not part of some hive-mind or "community". Love generalizing, aren't we?
    The poster you are replying to I remember from the Megathread discussion in the General section of the forums. At that time he was bashing WoW Vanilla and posters that wanted to pay WoW Vanilla and what he does now is just spread dissension and negativity among the Classic Community after Brack announced the WoW Classic servers.

In other words, he is the textbook definition of a troll, and you should put him on your ignore list.
    Veteran vanilla player - I was 31 back in 2005 when I started playing WoW - Nostalrius raider with a top raid guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiedzemir View Post
    Yes it will as guild banking made life much, much simpler for resource hoarders and auction manipulators.
    It will make difference in the economy.
    No it will be as negative as it was back in the day. It's amazing how everyone forgot the sudden waves of vacuuming \ flooding the AH that happened after the guild banks were added.
    Finally some proper arguments about this.
    I'm still not convinced myself, but I am intrigued. I never thought of it as the ability to buy far more at the AH. So guild banks simplified the life of guild masters and golden boys, as they previously both used their little army of alts to carry the goods. No bad side by guild masters, but golden boys could buy & sell at a faster rate.
    When did these waves stop ? Was it with the introduction of something else ? Maybe the bad effect was temporary and worth it on long term (I don't know, I'm asking) ?

I miss the old zones and the old spells . I really want to play in a world with the real grafics like 10years ago .

it should be an option, that way everyone can play the way they want to

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkizon View Post
    You already have the answer in this particular topic: it's do affect if they'll use current/WoD toggle. So, either they do everything fair - as expected, or don't do at all.
    I'm sorry but that is kinda a weird opinion to hold, because even in Classic not everybody played with the same graphics. Your character isn't going to look the same on my screen if I play with all setings on low and you play with everything on high