Poll: Which you prefer?

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    I sure don't mind keeping it as an option.
    If they can manage that, but the current state of WoW says that they can't.

As long as you can utilize the original graphics with exact quality (meaning, the changes that effected facial expressions and animations of the classic models would have to be reverted), then I see absolutely no issue with giving the option of modern graphics. I know I'd prefer it, as the vanilla models are very ugly and dated, and that's not something I particularly miss about classic. People who want a classic experience can opt for it, people who don't can opt for modern graphics. Things like this being an option is ideal.

All the same, it's not like I wouldn't play if only classic models are available, and that is what I am anticipating to be the case, anyways.

Leave the releases of Classic, TBC and Wrath exactly like they were. But let future expansions return to the core game mechanics that made them so amazing... let's do away with artifact weapons/items... lets attune to places again, but by doing interesting, group based content. Let's have just one difficulty of raids...

If what they say about how gamers are "more skilled" today than before... then great. No reason to offer 4 difficulty levels... just one good hard one, maybe with hardmodes like Ulduar.,.. and leave it to GUILDS to actually thrive to overcome them.

I would love a WoW 2.0... that had all the basic gameplay of Vanilla/BC/Wrath.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiedzemir View Post
    Why?
    Because look at a calendar, it will say 2017 smartass. Also 1-to-1 copy would be with all server unstability, no battlenet support, bugs, exploits, patch progression from 1.0, etc.. If you expect blizz to lauch THAT lay off the drugs man.

So far you're the one calling for controversial changes and calling everyone who don't agree a fascist.
    In that part you quoted i did NOT call for any changes, and if you would comprehend what i wrote after that you would see that I would prefer an OPTION on graphics, so you fanboys could get your part of the cake too. Also this WHOLE thread is about graphic changes, go troll somewhere else with controversy.

What new graphics? Models? Let's skip the notion of how retarded the high-res models are going to look in the low res original world. But what makes you think that if Blizzard can't even support the old models alongside the new ones in the current version, they can in Classic? Also, you do realize that it's not only character models, right?
    By graphics i meant everything from models, to water, to polygon count everywhere, to animations. IIRC blizz said they do not have an exact copy of the old code so they will have to make new stuff, why not give people an option for graphics? If they can devote a whole new team for Classic WoW they will have the resources to hire a few more people to update the graphics.

Is someone keeping you in the dungeon, making you to play Classic WoW? Why force yourself to play the game you don't like?
    Dude nobody is playing classic WoW since it has not been released, NOW LAY OFF THEM DRUGS!!!

The irony here is that you're the one imposing your worldview on other saying how they should like what you like and how the game should be changed to please you.
    Now I am having serious doubts that you understood a single word I wrote. I am for letting everyone play their way, how is that imposing something on someone? God take a english class please, then come back here and we may have a serious talk.

So you say that the moment you saw that people don't want "Classic+" and your opinion on how the game should be changed to please you specifically, you have reconsidered to play it.
    Again reading comprehension sub-zero... you need to do a better job at trolling but here we go anyway. I have reconsidered my opinion on playing REGARDLESS of the outcome of Classic, just by reading posts in these forums made by people the likes of you. It is these people that disgust me and I want to avoid playing with.

Your opinion has been duly noted.
    Now back to our regularly scheduled discussion about whether we would like to keep the original graphics in Classic, that being the designated focus of this thread. I certainly would. How about you folks?
    Now THIS is irony. You brought nothing to the discussion but ripping at other people and yet you want us to feel that you actually contributed by one lousy sentence? Three whole whooping words. No reasoning. No arguments. Just a laugable attempt at trolling which anyone with the intelligence of atleast an average ape will see through.
    Mic drop.

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    I am sad to inform you that these forums exist for the purpose of discussion. You may want to shut down every opinion different from yours, but I doubt you will succeed. Which is good, because you definitely and absolutely should not.

- - - Updated - - -

The absence of anyone who would refuse to play over such petty grievances as optional improved graphics will not hurt the game. Au contraire.
    Your definition of petty is quite different from mine. I wasn't planning on playing regardless but I have no respect for anyone claiming to play vanilla and it not being real vanilla.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by monopoly man View Post
    I'm sorry but that is kinda a weird opinion to hold, because even in Classic not everybody played with the same graphics. Your character isn't going to look the same on my screen if I play with all setings on low and you play with everything on high
    Not a new try to beat this, but still fail one. Read this and this. Any questions?

And by the way, this particular message told only about "new models concepts" issue, not about graphic settings.
    Last edited by Alkizon; 2017-11-29 at 05:40 AM.
    __---=== IMHO(+cg) and MORE |"links-inside" ===---__

__---=== PM me WHERE if I'm unnecessarily "notifying" you ===---__

Quote Originally Posted by Budong View Post
    Your definition of petty is quite different from mine. I wasn't planning on playing regardless but I have no respect for anyone claiming to play vanilla and it not being real vanilla.
    Whereas I have no respect for those claiming to play World of Warcraft on servers not owned by Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Majkls View Post
    Because look at a calendar, it will say 2017 smartass. Also 1-to-1 copy would be with all server unstability, no battlenet support, bugs, exploits, patch progression from 1.0, etc.. If you expect blizz to lauch THAT lay off the drugs man.
    Ah, the classic "it's the %current year%!" argument.
    Also, since when bugs, exploits and instability became the game features that someone wanted to preserve ever?

In that part you quoted i did NOT call for any changes, and if you would comprehend what i wrote after that you would see that I would prefer an OPTION on graphics, so you fanboys could get your part of the cake too. Also this WHOLE thread is about graphic changes, go troll somewhere else with controversy.
    Not in that post, no. There is forum history though where everyone can look, if you didn't know that.

By graphics i meant everything from models, to water, to polygon count everywhere, to animations. IIRC blizz said they do not have an exact copy of the old code so they will have to make new stuff, why not give people an option for graphics?
    So you want WoW Remastered then. Also. Code != graphical assets. You want them to remake the entire game? Or what do you propose exactly?
    If they can devote a whole new team for Classic WoW they will have the resources to hire a few more people to update the graphics.
    Define few. Also, WoW at the time was the most expensive MMORPG ever made. I seriously doubly Blizzard is diverting that much of their resources on Classic even if that was a viable idea anyway.

Dude nobody is playing classic WoW since it has not been released, NOW LAY OFF THEM DRUGS!!!
    But you're clearly feel compelled to play it when it's out. It's like someone forces you to play a game you don't like so you desperately trying to push changes you want to ease your torment.
    Now I am having serious doubts that you understood a single word I wrote. I am for letting everyone play their way, how is that imposing something on someone? God take a english class please, then come back here and we may have a serious talk.
    You literally call everyone who disagrees with your ideas of "improvement" a fascist.

Again reading comprehension sub-zero... you need to do a better job at trolling but here we go anyway. I have reconsidered my opinion on playing REGARDLESS of the outcome of Classic, just by reading posts in these forums made by people the likes of you. It is these people that disgust me and I want to avoid playing with.
    And then call everyone who disagrees with you a troll.

Now THIS is irony. You brought nothing to the discussion but ripping at other people and yet you want us to feel that you actually contributed by one lousy sentence? Three whole whooping words. No reasoning. No arguments. Just a laugable attempt at trolling which anyone with the intelligence of atleast an average ape will see through.
    Mic drop.
    As I said, there is this arcane feature called post history so this statement makes literally no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    You do realize that there is no real difference between 1600x1200 and 1920x1080 aside from the aspect ration right?
    Shhhh... they don't know you can change the in-game resolution to match your screen resolution, they run 1024x768 on a FullHD screen.

Today's graphics, of course. Even the player models would make me happy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Egregious View Post
    To get updated graphics would require a fucking technical miracle and essential rebuild of the entire game.
    People have modded in Warlords/Legion models into Vanilla/TBC/WOTLK for ages. And those people don't have Blizzard's resources.

Deleted
    Keep the original models and textures but FOV needs to be tweaked. Vanilla was designed for 4:3 screens and it's pretty much unplayable on modern monitors.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonol View Post
    How can be these type of ppl so dense?

"new graphics in Classic" Are you mad? Back in 2004., these new features were nonexistent. If you are unable to comprehend what classic means, then you should rethink your life. Even in the announcement movie, it shows that they scratch the whole timeline back to the classic core game, without expansions. It's classic, because it has no expansions. Expansions brought everything else that you ppl talk about and want to "add" to the classic game. It's nonsense, and it's out of question to argue about.

If you imagine classic with additions from further versions/expansions of the game, then you are clearly not the target audience of the classic experience. 1 more reason that your opinion is incompetent in this matter.
    Are you gonna hypnotize yourself once the vanilla servers come out to forget the last 14+ years of your life? Because otherwise you are not an original classic player.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ot4ku-mh View Post
    Are you gonna hypnotize yourself once the vanilla servers come out to forget the last 14+ years of your life? Because otherwise you are not an original classic player.

This thread is about altering classic, what you say is something different and doesn't really belong here.
    I commented in a thread, that was about steamrolling classic content with modern hardware and skills, that you can reset the whole game, like picking up the CD-ROM and install it again, but you can't reset decade old player knowledge and skills. So I really don't know what you try to tell me here.

Classic won't be like a timewalking nowadays, like you descend to an old dungeon and your ilvl/stats are downgraded, but you still keep the look of your toon and it's spells/abilities.
    Classic will be an other game, an earlier version that has no expansions. I think that one of the technical challenges is that you should be able to play 2 different versions of the game on 1 WoW account. Maybe it's pissible to add a new icon, a new tab to the left side of the launcher for classic WoW, idk.

So everything resets, you keep nothing from the latest version, zero crossovers. A "modern" classic doesn't necessarily mean a remastered WoW 2.0, as many ppl assume/imagine... They treat this small amount of information as fact, so they ride the original idea of classic servers and use it for their irrational ideas.

- - - Updated - - -

But you're clearly feel compelled to play it when it's out. It's like someone forces you to play a game you don't like so you desperately trying to push changes you want to ease your torment.
    This is so beautifully said, I had to highlight it.

Deleted
    I don't mind. The graphics are still serviceable in Vanilla, thanks to modern hardware.

Deleted
    I don't want new graphics, my computer can't handle it !

My processor is almost as old as this game, so don't touch anything, just let vanilla stay vanilla

Deleted
    Not in that post, no. There is forum history though where everyone can look, if you didn't know that.
    Ahh another failed attempt at trolling. Please let me know where I explicitly stated that i want only new graphics and nothing else. You can't? That's so sad.

Yeah I would like to play it, I would like to play it my way though, as would many other players. Not even 50% voted for old graphics only. And surely catering to minorities is a viable business model, and definitely what blizz does right? Because having the damn toggle which would please everyone except mentally challenged people that get their gameplay experience detrimental by others enjoying it their way is suuuch a terrible idea. Do you know how childish you sound?

You literally call everyone who disagrees with your ideas of "improvement" a fascist.
    And then call everyone who disagrees with you a troll.[/QUOTE]
    Wrong again my sweet summer child. Do you really have trouble reading or do you just like to twist facts so they suit your point of view? Reminds me of a certain group... Only people who I called fascists are those "purists" who are calling for the game being ONLY their way like having a toggle would kill them. But I guess you identify as one since you took such great offense. So yeah you are a troll or just incredibly stupid and stubborn.

As I said, there is this arcane feature called post history so this statement makes literally no sense.
    So read it again please. Seriously do they not teach english where you are from? It has nothing to do with post history, it has to do with the fact that you totally missed the point of the thread, just trolling, and then trying to save it by one measly sentence. Please prove me wrong and make one proper argument why we can't have a toggle except MUHnilla experience. I bet the only reason you can come up with would be some lame RP argument which could be easily solved by RP realms.
    You are just a sad troll who isn't satisfied by getting his way, nobody else can get their way for you to be happy. Grow up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly new graphics is truly the ONLY thing i would actually enjoy. I truly dont understand why people are so resilient to the idea of better graphics. It will not and does not change anything compared to Vanilla.

I'm for the idea of enhanced graphics. Because why wouldn't i want to explore / adventure / experience the same old world i grew to love but in much better resolution.

All these people saying that graphics will not be the classic experiences is a damn fool.

It's like saying "I grew up with glasses. I learned how to play football with glasses. Then I became an adult and eventually wanted to play football again. But obviously i cant experience the game like I once did because i had laser eye surgery.It just wont be the same i need my glasses to get the full experience."
    If i was riding a donkey down the road. And someone threw a rock and knocked me off. Would i be stoned off my ass?

Ahh another failed attempt at trolling. Please let me know where I explicitly stated that i want only new graphics and nothing else. You can't? That's so sad.
    Care to elaborate? Where's trolling? Do you know the meaning of the word?
    Yeah I would like to play it, I would like to play it my way though,
    And everyone who doesn't want to play it your way is a fascist, got it.

as would many other players. Not even 50% voted for old graphics only. And surely catering to minorities is a viable business model, and definitely what blizz does right? Because having the damn toggle which would please everyone except mentally challenged people that get their gameplay experience detrimental by others enjoying it their way is suuuch a terrible idea. Do you know how childish you sound?
    Yea yeah, everyone who disagrees with you is a mentally challenged fascist and a troll. Have you read what J Alan Brack said about the playerbase expected?
    Also, again, you're ignoring the question, what makes you think that if they can't have the option working in the current version of WoW, they can do that in Classic without degrading the old model, just like they did in the current version of WoW?

Wrong again my sweet summer child. Do you really have trouble reading or do you just like to twist facts so they suit your point of view? Reminds me of a certain group... Only people who I called fascists are those "purists" who are calling for the game being ONLY their way like having a toggle would kill them. But I guess you identify as one since you took such great offense. So yeah you are a troll or just incredibly stupid and stubborn.
    Aha, these "purists" are the ones who were asking for the game and the ones Blizzard is catering to with Classic. It's interesting how people get angry when the return of ammo and soulshards, and portal runes, etc. is suggested for the current version but they feel free to come here and demand changes in the version of the game that was never meant for them.

So read it again please. Seriously do they not teach english where you are from? It has nothing to do with post history, it has to do with the fact that you totally missed the point of the thread, just trolling, and then trying to save it by one measly sentence. Please prove me wrong and make one proper argument why we can't have a toggle except MUHnilla experience. I bet the only reason you can come up with would be some lame RP argument which could be easily solved by RP realms.
    You are just a sad troll who isn't satisfied by getting his way, nobody else can get their way for you to be happy. Grow up.
    The point of the thread is to ask people if they want the new graphics instead of the original one. Yet when you see the answer you don't like, you instantly call the person a fascist or a troll, or a retard, or illiterate, or all of these together.
    Last edited by Wiedzemir; 2017-11-29 at 08:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I honestly couldn't care less. I would like them updated, but I also have played in 1440 on all high and it still looks good. Not 2017 good, but still passable. As long as gameplay and server community remain as they used to be, I'm fine with whatever.