The best part about classic will be...

The best part about classic will be that the game will go unchanged for years and years and years (for the most part). I love the idea that I could play for a weekend, stop for a year, and when I log in my progress will still be relevant. I love the idea that my lvl 30 toon will still be half-way leveled a decade from now. Everyone talks about classic as if it's only for the hardcore, and that everything will revolve around racing to the endgame.

Thing is, I've started playing RPGs/MMOs just because I want to level a character, live in a fantasy for a day, get excited about loot, etc. But it's never been as awesome as WoW. The new streamlined leveling is just lame, and I find myself running to the endgame on the latest expansion with my main toon.

I'm actually open to a 'pure' vanilla, or some improved version. If they do change it, FFS don't change the gearing pace. I actually wouldn't mind a group finder, some QOL improvements, a little spec balancing, achievements, etc. Just keep the leveling and gearing pace similar to classic, and I'm happy.

Yes I get that changes may have externalities that may speed up the game, but no free XP, no free loot bags, no badge gear, and so forth. I just want to work on a character for decades, and know that my progress won't be washed away by a new xpac.

I sincerely hope it's F2P, or a one-time box fee. And someday, I hope that WOW classic is just a browser game =)

If you want a group finder, QOL improvements, it to be a browser game or balancing, you don't want Classic WoW. Also community is pretty important, so if you want to treat it like a single-player game and don't engage with other people then good luck with the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Projectmars View Post
    If you want a group finder, QOL improvements, it to be a browser game or balancing, you don't want Classic WoW. Also community is pretty important, so if you want to treat it like a single-player game and don't engage with other people then good luck with the game.
    not saying that I WANT them, I'm just open to the idea. So long as the game remains in a fixed state, I'm happy. I'm completely down for pure vanilla, and I have every intention of playing the MMO. The point is stasis...

You're half-right, but give it a couple of months and when you eventually get to 60, people will be expecting you to have full T0.5 or T1, etc, before you get invited to groups.

Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    You're half-right, but give it a couple of months and when you eventually get to 60, people will be expecting you to have full T0.5 or T1, etc, before you get invited to groups.
    I hope I will get another chance to finish the T0.5 quest chain. Back then, I got stuck on the part where I could have upgraded the pants, only the bloody Baron never dropped them in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    I hope I will get another chance to finish the T0.5 quest chain. Back then, I got stuck on the part where I could have upgraded the pants, only the bloody Baron never dropped them in the first place.
    Yea sometimes that took months.