Page 5 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    The holy place saved by another Alliance leader called Velen, right?
    Dont know, I think Velen is starting to regret that whole Alliance thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    She wasn't banished, she was an Alliance ambassador that insulted the ruler of Silvermoon and still was permitted a pilgrimage to the Holy Place of the Quel'dorei/Sin'dorei.
    Alleria just wanted to show them the benefits of joining the Alliance, gee, such an ungratefull bunch those Blood Elves.

Quote Originally Posted by ArgusTheUnmaker View Post
    He was a gentleman to her....BEFORE SHE MENTIONED ANDUIN'S NAME!

Then, after that, he said "Fuck you".

She then said fuck you back to him.
    Yes, if an organization betrayed you, stabbed you in the back 3 times in past decade maybe more and then someone walks to your front door on their behalf you'd slam the door shut too.

Alleiria is being written all wrong. If this was true WC2/Book Alleiria the first thing she'd say is "So want to tell me what has happened to our kingdom and people since I was gone?" not "Hey that organization that has done more damage to our people than the orcs did, you should join them like they have done nothing against you. Multiple times."

She can't even touch Turalyon properly
    Wut? They can't fuck?

By the Sun Shattered Offensive.
    By Velen. Without him there would be no restored Sunwell.

And the Shattered Sun offensive as much Alliance as it is Horde, so what is the point of mentioning it.

Quote Originally Posted by SilenceRedo View Post
    Wut? They can't fuck?
    Well, according to the audio her utilization of void powers to pull Turalyon out of a mess caused him enormeous pain(it could've been because she used a void rift for it and he is Lightforged, which is why the passing was painful). I think they can interact physically while not utilizing their powers, but I'm not quite sure. What I do know is that it is risky and volatile.

Quote Originally Posted by SilenceRedo View Post
    Did any major horde npc did something in Argus? Or was just Liadrin blowing Sylgrin and that's it?
    Liadrin isn't a major Horde NPC?

The point is the nightborne aren't betraying the Alliance any more than the lightforged are betraying the Horde.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Dont know, I think Velen is starting to regret that whole Alliance thing.

Alleria just wanted to show them the benefits of joining the Alliance, gee, such an ungratefull bunch those Blood Elves.
    Yeah looking at how velen is sitting in the embassy it seems like he is tired of all of this. I bet he is just there due to obligation. XD

Quote Originally Posted by Theoris View Post
    Don't worry they will say she is not considering she is at the big table in the embassy. Plus you know representing the horde in suramar and all that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    From the datamined text, it sounds oddly like the box that Umbris couldn't open was the Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron? Somehow I think that's doubtful but it was a very odd little thing to include.
    He actually bothered with northrend archeology ? This pretty much confirms he is insane.

Deleted

And the Shattered Sun offensive as much Alliance as it is Horde, so what is the point of mentioning it.

Well, according to the audio her utilization of void powers to pull Turalyon out of a mess caused him enormeous pain. I think they can interact physically without utilizing powers, but I'm quite sure. What I do know is that it is risky and volatile.
    The shattered sun offensive is a neutral offensive not an alliance one. What Velen did was for the light and to stop the legion not for the alliance you know what? I don't even think he cares all that much for the war or the alliance or horde.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Yes, if an organization betrayed you, stabbed you in the back 3 times in past decade maybe more and then someone walks to your front door on their behalf you'd slam the door shut too.

Alleiria is being written all wrong. If this was true WC2/Book Alleiria the first thing she'd say is "So want to tell me what has happened to our kingdom and people since I was gone?" not "Hey that organization that has done more damage to our people than the orcs did, you should join them like they have done nothing against you. Multiple times."
    To be fair, Alleria was always the rebel High Elf. She refused to obey to King Anasterian's orders, twice.

Quote Originally Posted by shinros View Post
    Yeah looking at how velen is sitting in the embassy it seems like he is tired of all of this. I bet he is just there due to obligation. XD
    Velen fulfilled his life's purpose. I'm surprised he isn't sleeping on the table.

Quote Originally Posted by shinros View Post
    The shattered sun offensive is a neutral offensive not an alliance one. What Velen did was for the light and to stop the legion not for the alliance you know what? I don't even think he cares all that much for the war or the alliance or horde.
    I said this:

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde
    Why would you then reply to me and say it is neutral when what I said means it is neutral.

Of course he did it to stop the Legion, but an Alliance leader proved to be trustworthy in the past and actually made their Sunwell's restoration possible in the first place, which is why saying Alliance in an alienating way when talking about the Sunwell makes no sense. The same applies to all the Alliance high elves that fought for the Sunwell's restoration.

Quote Originally Posted by Theoris View Post

The point is the nightborne aren't betraying the Alliance any more than the lightforged are betraying the Horde.
    Yes she is. But did absolute nothing, that's why I meant.

Aethas all that did was giving you a world quest too...

Quote Originally Posted by Selky View Post
    So that's it, Thalyssra joins the Horde because Tyrande was mean to her. Everything the alliance PC did for them meant nothing and they're siding with a blatantly evil faction for survival (again).

I can't stomach doing Suramar ever again after this.
    your character was alliance for gameplay reasons in legion. in lore, you were a neutral entity, acting on behalf of your order hall and dalaran. NOT the horde or alliance. neither alliance or horde player characters' actions reflected on the horde or alliance.

i guess fusing with void energies as the ren'dorei and alleria have done severs the connection with the sunwell. i was curious about that.

Deleted

Meaning that the Sunwell was reclaimed by a neutral organization, not Alliance nor Horde. Liadrin was the Offensive Commander, yet no one is here telling it was a Horde victory.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    your character was alliance for gameplay reasons in legion. in lore, you were a neutral entity, acting on behalf of your order hall and dalaran. NOT the horde or alliance. neither alliance or horde player characters' actions reflected on the horde or alliance.

i guess fusing with void energies as the ren'dorei and alleria have done severs the connection with the sunwell. i was curious about that.
    Well, Alleria never had a connection to a Light-infused Sunwell to begin with.

I think Turalyon would have a blast beside the Sunwell though.

Meaning that the Sunwell was reclaimed by a neutral organization, not Alliance nor Horde. Liadrin was the Offensive Commander, yet no one is here telling it was a Horde victory.
    If I say that it is as much Alliance as it is Horde, that means it is neutral.

The people that made it were both Alliance and Horde, which is why alienating someone from the Sunwell because they're affiliated with the Alliance makes no sense.

To be fair, Alleria was always the rebel High Elf. She refused to obey to King Anasterian's orders, twice.
    That was because he was thinking the threat the horde had wasn't major. If someone told her about betrayal of Garithos/Dalaran, the betrayal of the ambassador from the alliance in the starting zone, Jaina at Dalaran. Hell even Arthas just before Garithos, true written Alleria would look at humans and go "Fuck those guys, get my bow."

They are traitors to Silvermoon, much like Kel'thuzad was a traitor to the Kirin Tor. They were studying forbidden knowledge and were banished because their treason act:

"Lor'themar Theron: This is why I demanded that Umbric and his radicals be exiled. Anyone who treats with the Void is a danger to the Sunwell!" (when Alleria was near the Sunwell, meaning the Velves were exiled before it).
    How are they in any way similar to Kel'Thuzad? Kel'thuzad only became traitor when he joined the Lich King and turned against us. He wasn't a traitor before that, even when he carried out his research of necromancy for his own interests and got expelled. There is pretty much no similarity between the Void Elves studying Dar'Khan's knowledge to protect Silvermoon / Azeroth and Kel'Thuzad did his own research of necromancy for himself. Please tell me how they are "much like"? They are only alike in the way that they, after being expelled / exiled, joined another faction / organization opposing their previous one, but that wasn't what you are calling them traitors for.

If you pay attention to it, the very line you quoted mention no Dar'Khan whatsoever. They were expelled because they dabbled in the void and considered dangerous factors. They weren't expelled because they studied Dar'Khan's knowledge, or because they were considered traitors, or they committed any treason act. Even Rommath, whose mind wasn't the most open one, didn't call them "traitors", he called them "radicals" - there is a difference between two terms. Or are you having a very funny definition of "traitor" that is different from us and the dictionary?
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    You dont think its a little dishonest to lable Velen as Alliance though? You're framing him as a leader similar to Varian, a style of leader that the Blood Elves would naturally despise at this point after the consistent betrayal. When he's really got a passive interest in Azeroths faction wars, hes more concerned with the cosmic, universe shattering entities that seem to pop up on a regular basis. He's a paragon of the light and a defender of his people first and foremost.

And as mentioned previously the Sunwell incident was part of an effort with the Shattered Sun Offensive, led by the Naaru.
    Why would it be dishonest? Tauren druids care about the nature, yet they affiliate with the Horde or does this mean my tauren druid isn't Horde all of a sudden because he has greater aspirations on his mind? These characters bring different perspectives to their original factions.

Yes, for like the fifth time in this thread, I know it was the Shattered Sun offensive, but that faction was comprised of both Horde and Alliance members, which is why there is absolutely no need to distrust someone about the Sunwell just because they're from the Alliance.

Deleted
    The people that made it were both Alliance and Horde, which is why alienating someone from the Sunwell because they're affiliated with the Alliance makes no sense.
    Except Alleria is permitted to do the pilgrimage. It has nothing to do with she being Alliance, it has with the fact that she is an elf. She is kicked because of the Void.

First Arcanist Thalyssra: Good luck, $p. As for me, I am going to test my skill in Ashenvale. For the Horde!
    She seems eager to fight her cousins?