Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twix View Post
    Sucker punching a disabled person is a scumbag move and the judge agrees. Stop trying to defend this thug.
    I'm not trying to defend him. Well, not for punching someone. But intent would make a difference here, wouldn't it? He could be lying and trying to take advantage of this fact to save face or he could simply be telling the truth. I understand your skepticism.

But that difference and even the possibility of it, heavily influences the perception of his character. Most people won't even read far enough to see what he has to say. They just check the headline "bully punches disabled man" and watch the video and make up their minds about it then and there. Even the fact that the judge has called him a bully has an incredibly negative impact on the image of his character because it strongly suggests conclusive evidence of his reprehensible character.

But where is it?

I saw some old news today. It was about a girl who was punched 39 times in the parking lot right outside of her place of employment. The guy had been parked there all day. He was there the entire time she was working and waited until she got off work and approached her as she went to open the door of her vehicle. She could have been raped or killed and this young woman gave a statement to her local news station. But a guy that just got punched in the face has nothing to say?

That doesn't seem strange to you?

He ran away from authorities. If he was a nice guy and truly felt sorry or was defending a woman like he is saying, he would have turned himself in and explained what happened. He only feels sorry because he got caught.
    from the interview:
    After he learned that there was a warrant for his arrest, he tuned himself in to authorities with his then-attorney, Francis Miller of West Chester. But after police and the D.A.’s Office issued a press release about the incident with a video of the “sucker-punch,” along with Baker’s address, the calls started coming.

He said he and his fiancée, Denise Schmidt, were forced to leave the house they shared in East Fallowfield because of the overwhelming negative reaction to the video.

“The day after I posted bail, we had to leave because of the death threats,” he said. “They were going to blow my house up, they were going to kill me and kill my children.” He claims there were 4,700 missed calls on his phone and hundreds of text messages. It made him feel, “horrible. I wanted to release a statement but (Miller, his attorney) said no. His exact words were ‘Lay low. I want to see if (prosecutor Cynthia Morgan) is going to add any charges.’”

Baker said he and Schmidt went to her house in Georgetown, Delaware to wait until the furor subsided, but then warrants were issued for his arrest on the probation violation and a Domestic Relations matter. Although authorities have alleged that he went on the run and defiantly refused to surrender on the warrants, Baker denied that was true.

“I didn’t leave the country,” he said. “I didn’t leave Delaware or Pennsylvania. I came back to Pennsylvania to turn myself in.” He refused, however, to say where he was in the 10 days before he was taken into custody, except to claim that he was in Schmidt’s house once when Delaware officials came looking. He said that not until the night before his capture, when he went to a hotel in Uwchlan, did he check the internet to see what was being said about his case.

He did not know what a whirlwind was circling around him, he assured the interviewer, including media reports about the manhunt and the large electronic billboards across the region that showed his mugshot and declared him a wanted man. “I didn’t search my name. I didn’t do any of that. I didn’t see the billboard until they brought me in,” he said. “They took me down Route 30 and I saw it.”
    So not only did he actually turn himself in twice, but had police unleash a legion of trolls to harass his family, moved them to his girlfriend's house in another state for fear of their wellbeing and literally had his face on a billboard.

Because he punched a guy.

This guy didn't get beaten half to death, raped, kidnapped, tortured, robbed or even just kicked in the dick. He got a booboo on his lip at best. No, it wasn't nice. But it's like people are only up in arms about this because they think Cerebral Palsy is the same thing as being a retard or more helpless than your great great grandma that survived the holocaust. I mean, holy shit people. He can drive a car and no, he's not exactly leaping for joy over the fact he's just been punched in the face. But I'd like to see your great great grandma get back up that fast after taking a punch like that and leave the scene like nothing happened.

Personally, I have been in a situation where I could have been shot. I'm letting my dog out at 3 am and see a light thinking its a neighbor looking for something and ask them if they need any help and now I've gotten a gun pulled on me by two meth heads stealing shit out of my neighbor's backyard. No deputy contacts me about anything or even takes a formal statement but eventually busts them for stealing a cash register out of a store's bus. They weren't even charged with assault with a deadly weapon, much less eluding.

Where the hell was my manhunt? Because I can assure you that having a gun pointed at you is a lot more unpleasant than being punched in the face at a gas station by some random guy. I could have died or been seriously injured, but it's no big. My taxes only go towards this guy's disability, everything the police do and keeping prisoners alive. Fuck my life, right?

They literally did everything they could have possibly done to make their jobs more difficult just shy of personally gagging on his cock while simultaneously arranging him a first class VIP flight to another country. It's their fault that they even had to go looking for him in the first place and have the audacity to accuse him of eluding authorities when he never would have left PA if a bunch of people weren't threatening to burn his house down and to kill him and his family, thanks to the video they posted along with his home address.

I have seen my tax dollars at work doing some pretty stupid shit but "unbelievable" doesn't even begin to describe this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    ...wait, you don't even have your licence plates on your car?
    i had one on the back but there was no mounting bracket for my front bumper and i didn't want to drill holes in my bumper. while you're required by law to to do so here, he's the only officer i've met that's ever said anything about it
    Last edited by Gandrake; 2017-12-02 at 11:20 AM.

For proof that bullies cant / wont change, just loot at the guy in your white house ;-)

Ps. Yeah, I did it, I pulled the Trump card!
    "It takes a vast amount of self control to be this dangerous" he said.

- Ogvai, 6th legiones Astartes.

Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    6 years for a punch? Wow, fucked up and barbaric.

In Germany he would have gotten probation. 6 years in prison is draconic and will create a career criminal. In the end society will lose more money and sustain more damage.
    Well, the headline is stupid. He got 6 years for the punch and because he violated his terms of probation, of an earlier crime. Stealing a vehicle.

10+ Year Old Account
    ...you have a problem with making it a crime to attack someone specifically because they're disabled? People who generally are in need of additional support due to their more vulnerable nature?
    It's a crime to assault anyone, I have no problem with that. You seem to think people without disabilities can be assaulted.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    Hmm, I agree with the judge.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Serpha View Post
    It's a crime to assault anyone, I have no problem with that. You seem to think people without disabilities can be assaulted.
    The world is nuanced, human nature is nuanced, law must also be nuanced, It´s a crime to assault anyone, assaulting a disabled person is worse for obvious reasons, so it should have a harsher punishment, its pretty simple.

There are many ways you can kill a person, you can be driving on a highway and someone tries to cross it and you kill them, you can kill someone who´s attacking you as self defense, you can kill your children by drugging them and then shooting all 3 in the head while they sleep so your ex wife pays for leaving you, see how all these murders can´t be judged the same way? Again, pretty simple.

Death penalty via torturous death for assault. Nice. You also think shop lifters should have their hands chopped off?
    While both are against the law, they're not even in the same category of criminal offence. Your comparison is highly laughable.

If the shop lifter punched the entrepreneur, who also happened to be a person with disability, and then tried to escape afterwards, then the comparsion would be fair.

And yes, off with the hands, clearly that's what we want.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wartide_ysera View Post
    The world is nuanced, human nature is nuanced, law must also be nuanced, It´s a crime to assault anyone, assaulting a disabled person is worse for obvious reasons, so it should have a harsher punishment, its pretty simple.

There are many ways you can kill a person, you can be driving on a highway and someone tries to cross it and you kill them, you can kill someone who´s attacking you as self defense, you can kill your children by drugging them and then shooting all 3 in the head while they sleep so your ex wife pays for leaving you, see how all these murders can´t be judged the same way? Again, pretty simple.
    This also has nothing to do with my original post.

Awful sentencing, in my country even harsher crimes such as rape don't give 6 years because we focus on rehabilitation rather than punishment, so that we can get them out quicker as well-functioning members of society. We have among the lowest relapses to crime in the world, while the U.S has among the highest, go figure.

He should've gotten 6 months max, even with trying to evade the police as that is imo no crime, with heavy focus on meetings with psychologists and such.

The whole prison system needs to be remade in the U.S. It's meant to just lock up and forget criminals, without a thought about what happens with them after they get out. It's archaic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Hmm, I agree with the judge.
    He claimed to have met the man earlier that night and said he was antagonized by him, but his Lawyer states in court that he'd mistaken the man for someone else. But there's also this gem:

After he learned that there was a warrant for his arrest, he tuned himself in to authorities with his then-attorney, Francis Miller of West Chester. But after police and the D.A.’s Office issued a press release about the incident with a video of the “sucker-punch,” along with Baker’s address, the calls started coming.

He said he and his fiancée, Denise Schmidt, were forced to leave the house they shared in East Fallowfield because of the overwhelming negative reaction to the video.

“The day after I posted bail, we had to leave because of the death threats,” he said. “They were going to blow my house up, they were going to kill me and kill my children.” He claims there were 4,700 missed calls on his phone and hundreds of text messages. It made him feel, “horrible. I wanted to release a statement but (Miller, his attorney) said no. His exact words were ‘Lay low. I want to see if (prosecutor Cynthia Morgan) is going to add any charges.’”

Baker said he and Schmidt went to her house in Georgetown, Delaware to wait until the furor subsided, but then warrants were issued for his arrest on the probation violation and a Domestic Relations matter. Although authorities have alleged that he went on the run and defiantly refused to surrender on the warrants, Baker denied that was true.

“I didn’t leave the country,” he said. “I didn’t leave Delaware or Pennsylvania. I came back to Pennsylvania to turn myself in.” He refused, however, to say where he was in the 10 days before he was taken into custody, except to claim that he was in Schmidt’s house once when Delaware officials came looking. He said that not until the night before his capture, when he went to a hotel in Uwchlan, did he check the internet to see what was being said about his case.

He did not know what a whirlwind was circling around him, he assured the interviewer, including media reports about the manhunt and the large electronic billboards across the region that showed his mugshot and declared him a wanted man. “I didn’t search my name. I didn’t do any of that. I didn’t see the billboard until they brought me in,” he said. “They took me down Route 30 and I saw it.”
    You can agree with whatever judge you want, but that's absolutely insane.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    The sentence is normally only 3-14 months. He was given an extreme sentence due to his verbal and physical assault of man with cerebral palsy. Plus his trying to evade the police. Plus his violation of probation.

Helps if you read, doesn’t it?
    He also had priors, a conviction for motor theft and was on probation.... in 2007 he was also convicted of sneaking into a cemetery and robbing the marked graves of veterans headstones. 10k worth is bronze stars were found at a scrap yard.

So to recap.... on probation.... robbed a cemetery, sucker punched a disabled man, and then ran off....
    Last edited by Haloswin; 2017-12-02 at 12:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Alcohol was involved.

There are lots of people who have rough childhoods, lousy parents that would never think to pull stunts like this. He was trying to impress the friends he was hanging out with, I'm sure they pieces of shit too or maybe they were horrified.
    I don't give a shit if alcohol is involved. alcohol just strips away your restraints and shows what your really like underneath, and if that shows someone is so bad they'd punch a handycapped man, they deserve to be jailed.
    #boycottchina

Deleted
    6 years in prison for this ? And Marc Dutroux, in Belgium, who kidnapped and raped 5 girls of whom he killed 2 (8 years old I believe) will probably be out after serving 22/23 years. Not to mention he is a recidivist who had kidnapped and raped 5 other girls in a previous case, but served only 3 years of his sentence and was released for "goof behaviour".

Law in belgium needs to be much tougher that's for sure, but 6 years seems really extreme and uncalled for in this case.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathknightish View Post
    Awful sentencing, in my country even harsher crimes such as rape don't give 6 years because we focus on rehabilitation rather than punishment, so that we can get them out quicker as well-functioning members of society. We have among the lowest relapses to crime in the world, while the U.S has among the highest, go figure.

He should've gotten 6 months max, even with trying to evade the police as that is imo no crime, with heavy focus on meetings with psychologists and such.

The whole prison system needs to be remade in the U.S. It's meant to just lock up and forget criminals, without a thought about what happens with them after they get out. It's archaic.
    We have rehabilitation programs in the US and those are what trigger early releases. This guy will probably end up serving less than 3 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Runenwächter View Post
    Even a cerebal palpsy guy is just a guy, even if he is defenseless. His physical wellbeing is not worth more than that of any other person. Also even the most handicapped people arent better people by default. A sufferer from cp can be a real asshole just like any other regular person. So there is no reason to not at least investigate the claims made by the defendant.
    Its not just "Because the Victim is disabled", its about the Motives on WHY he was assaulted.

Its a difference if you assault someone because he Insulted you.
    If you Assault someone because you want their stuff.
    And If you Assault someone, "Because they are Disabled".

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't have any remorse for assault criminals. Honestly, I like background checks being done as well because I wouldn't want to work with one.

People that just want to hurt other human beings physically are a different species mentally. They should work in construction but nothing professional.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Haloswin View Post
    He also had priors, a conviction for motor theft and was on probation.... in 2007 he was also convicted of sneaking into a cemetery and robbing the marked graves of veterans headstones. 10k worth is bronze stars were found at a scrap yard.

So to recap.... on probation.... robbed a cemetery, sucker punched a disabled man, and then ran off....
    Yup. Certified scum along with career offender. He's probably done dozens of other things including assaults that went uncharged.

Deleted
    Saw this video. Puncher is a total faggot. He sucker punched somebody with cerebral palsy (I read?) and didn't even knock him over lol. The disabled dude was just shocked by it, not visibly hurt & drove away afterwards.

Weak little bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Polyxo View Post
    Some states don't require them in the front.
    Really? That's...man, how does the US not have this basic stuff standardised?

Quote Originally Posted by Serpha View Post
    ...you have a problem with making it a crime to attack someone specifically because they're disabled? People who generally are in need of additional support due to their more vulnerable nature?
    Uh, what? I have no idea how you think that's remotely what I said. I'll reword it for you.

Punching a person - bad.
    Punching a person because they are disabled - worse.

Why does the victims disability matter? Shouldn't all be equal before the law? Evading police shouldn't carry any sentence imho. Man has the right to seek freedom (Fun fact: In Germany jail break for example is not a crime.)

The only truly serious violation I see here that justifies a prison stint is the probation violations. But still, 6 years seems rather excessive.
    Evading the police does carry a sentence in the United States though. He has the "right to seek freedom" as you put it, and they have the right to find him and toss him in jail. He assaulted someone, disabled or not, and violated parole from a previous theft incident. You don't let a person who steals from and assaults other people simply walk around with a stern talking to; this person has already violated the law before multiple times (the first being the initial theft from a vehicle and the second being the parole violation) and has now broken it a third time. You're also focusing heavily on the maximum sentence despite the fact that it's actually 3 to 6 years depending on various things (such as his behavior) so realistically, 3 years for theft, parole violation, running from the police while there's a warrant out for him, and assault is pretty fair assuming he can keep his shit together while in prison and not be a total shitstain.

Really? That's...man, how does the US not have this basic stuff standardised?
    As for this one, it's because DMV regulations are done on the state level and not the federal level. The rules of the road even vary slightly from state to state; there are some states that require the left lane to only be used for passing and will ticket for continuing to drive in the left lane while others allow the use of all lanes equally, and as far as I know California is the only state to allow motorcycles to "white line" where they're allowed to drive in between the lanes when stopped or in very slow traffic which is a remnant of times where motorcycles would commonly overheat if not moving for longer periods of time.
    Last edited by Cronovey; 2017-12-02 at 12:48 PM.

Once the other inmates find out what he did, he's going to end up being someone's bitch.