Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    well probably be able to unlock them in 7.3.5 but will be able to use them in 8.0, thats my guess

My prediction is that allied races, except Zandalari and Dark Iron will be in 7.3.5. We'll also get a preorder for the next expansion at the same time, and you'll need the preorder to be able to start the questlines.
    Allied races + leveling overhaul would be a big thing to fill the +-1 year-long void of raid content, after Antorus.. I doubt Blizz wants 14m SoO content draught..
    Last edited by DemoBytom; 2017-12-02 at 12:17 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Legion really spoiled the playerbase beyond measure...

Why would they release the races obtained through BfA content, in a filler patch to Legion...?
    To allow people to have the 110 races ready for the release of BFA?
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

Quote Originally Posted by Niovi View Post
    Is this confirmed for all Allied Races such as Lightforged Draenei? I read about Nightborne, but i'm pretty sure Blizzard never said yet you need Army of Light rep for Draenei or Argussian Reach for Voidelves. Only heard about Highmountain rep for Tauren, but was this official or just a guess? And if we need it, do i need, for example, Army of Light Rep on an Alliance Toon, or can i also get it on a Horde toon to unlock Lightforged Draenei on my account?
    Don't think it has been confirmed yet, it's what's been speculated.

I'm also curious whether I'd be able to make a Void Elf if I'm Exalted with Argussian Reach on my Horde character. I reckon Blizz would upset quite a lot of people if they made it so you need Exalted on Alliance/Horde characters to unlock those races but we'll see. Worse case scenario, we faction change 1 character

Quote Originally Posted by Scyth View Post
    Don't think it has been confirmed yet, it's what's been speculated.

I'm also curious whether I'd be able to make a Void Elf if I'm Exalted with Argussian Reach on my Horde character.
    No you can't

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post
    They just added a Highmountain exalted achievement for 7.3.5. Prior to this the only Legion reputations with exalted achievements were Nightfallen, Lightforged and Argussian Reach.

So yeah it looks like they are continuing forward with it.
    Okay.. but would still be good to know if you need exalted on the Faction where you want to unlock the Races. I only have a Horde toon who had done all the Argus quests and rep... is that enough to unlock LF Draenei and Voidelves for my account?

Why would they release the races obtained through BfA content, in a filler patch to Legion...?
    Remember Demon Hunters that were playable before Legion was released?
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.

First, only Dark Iron and Zandalari are obtained via BfA content (As in Zandalar and Kul Tiras).
    Second, the biggest sub losses happen in a content drought, this would bridge it rather nicely.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellspawn View Post
    No you can't
    Wheres the official statement from Blizzard for that? It seems logical, but i dont want to waste time farming rep on my Alliance character if its not needed.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Niovi View Post
    Wheres the official statement from Blizzard for that? It seems logical, but i dont want to waste time farming rep on my Alliance character if its not needed.
    The fact that each of these races now has an achievement for reaching exalted, and achievements are global, indicates that it might be going off the Achievement rather than the actual reputation. In which case an Alliance Player with the Suramar achieve should be able to unlock Nightborn on a Horde alt, or a Hordie with Argussian Reach unlock Void Elves on an Alliance alt.
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

Quote Originally Posted by Codah View Post
    They already said there would be a quest to unlock them. At the very least, they're not going to put significant content in the next patch after Antorus. I'm happy with waiting for the expansion.
    This does not we will be waiting for the expansion for this content and I would say that's very likely not the case since it's on PTR now.

#1 7.3.5 is not the BFA pre-patch, it is still Legion.

#2 Pre-expansion patches always include character reworks and content related directly to the next expansion and introducing us to it, and that would be coming more properly in 8.0. Pre expansion patches have always had this naming convention.

#3 Why people thought 7.3.5 was the pre-expansion patch is beyond me, but it's totally not, there's just some stuff that's leading to BFA because of how Blizzard is going about releasing patches these days. So we'll see some things leading in that direction but the actual 8.0 prepatch isn't coming until mid-late next year and will more than likely feature things like the stat squish, retiring our artifacts, battle of Undercity seen in the cinematic etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    The fact that each of these races now has an achievement for reaching exalted, and achievements are global, indicates that it might be going off the Achievement rather than the actual reputation. In which case an Alliance Player with the Suramar achieve should be able to unlock Nightborn on a Horde alt, or a Hordie with Argussian Reach unlock Void Elves on an Alliance alt.
    I could be wrong but I believe it was broken down at Blizzcon that it would be this way, so that people wouldn't be tied down to having to do these quests only on whoever they grinded the rep on.

That said I don't know what this "wasted time grinding rep" thing is, you get a lot of gold in the process of questing and the majority of your rep from that, after that you just gain passively from world quests.

And ya in Legion you do make more gold from questing/world quests than anything else other than auction house/selling runs so....

other than auction house/selling runs so....
    Last edited by Shakou; 2017-12-02 at 01:24 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakou View Post
    This does not we will be waiting for the expansion for this content and I would say that's very likely not the case since it's on PTR now.

#1 7.3.5 is not the BFA pre-patch, it is still Legion.

#2 Pre-expansion patches always include character reworks and content related directly to the next expansion and introducing us to it, and that would be coming more properly in 8.0. Pre expansion patches have always had this naming convention.

#3 Why people thought 7.3.5 was the pre-expansion patch is beyond me, but it's totally not, there's just some stuff that's leading to it because of how Blizzard is going about releasing patches these days. So we'll see some things leading to that direction but the actual 8.0 prepatch isn't coming until mid-late next year and will among other things feature the stat squish and us giving up our artifacts etc.
    Warneverchanges. The dude who leaked that Teldrassil and Lordaeron would fall, weeks before Blizzcon, also leaked the week -before- Blizzcon that we'd be getting 4 new races in 7.3.5.

His credibility is very high, in this, at least.

Bloodsail Admiral CreatureLives's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    The fact that they revealed the cinematic so soon tells you they were ahead of the game this time. I know a cinematic has nothing to do with the game itself but they wouldn't reveal it so early if it wasn't soon-ish. They don't seem to be going through development hell like they did with WoD and there isn't as many changes being made to the game like Legion where so many classes were revamped.

My guess is June/July but certainly BEFORE Blizzcon next year because if it wasn't until after Blizzcon like some people think they would have saved the cinematic for that.

Also, Launch content seems pretty limited this time around. Not that the game won't have a ton of shit to do, I just think Blizzard learned with Argus they don't need to give you everything at once.

My point is, we'll probably get them sooner than later. Maybe not in 7.3.5 but maybe shortly after. I just hope it's not locked behind pre-order. Zandalari Trolls/Dark Iron should be pre-order. Not races from Legion. At least allow us 1 of the Allied Races like the Highmountain Tauren and Lightforged Draenei which were playable at Blizzcon.

I seems like Blizz has a lot of content planned before BFA like the Silithus event, New BG, Some allied races, Zone scaling, etc.

Warneverchanges. The dude who leaked that Teldrassil and Lordaeron would fall, weeks before Blizzcon, also leaked the week -before- Blizzcon that we'd be getting 4 new races in 7.3.5.

His credibility is very high, in this, at least.
    Ya I saw this and I think we'll definitely get those races (Nightborne/Highmountain Tauren and Lightforged Draenei/Void Elves) before BFA is live. I just don't think we're getting it right away in 7.3.5, I think much like Demon Hunters were playable in the Legion pre-patch for people who had purchased the digital expansion, that's when those new races will become playable and where the content to bring them in will take place.

The other 2 allied races will actually require questing/new reps in BFA so won't be available. In BFA the reason we are questing in Zandalari as Horde *is* to recruit them into the Horde and gain their power into the fold. So it would make absolutely no sense at all if we are able to quest in Zandalari *as Zandalari* right off the bat in BFA.
    Last edited by Shakou; 2017-12-02 at 01:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I Hope so. Would hate to lvl my 91 belf priest to max just to unlock highmountain and suramar elf.
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Of course they will be. They basically implementing them on 7.3.5 PTR. Questlines, models, mounts, transmog, even Embassy where all quests start. Now. Not in 8.0 Alpha.

And still they are part of BfA. Most likely if you don't buy expac, you won't be able to play them. So technically they are not part of 7.3.5 content, because it's still Legion patch.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saphyron View Post
    I Hope so. Would hate to lvl my 91 belf priest to max just to unlock highmountain and suramar elf.
    Err.. You still have to have a Horde Character to do the questlines to complete the unlock.

... you just don't have to get the Horde character through the Highmountain and Suramar reputation grind, if I'm right.

There's also Warneverchanges.

About 3 weeks before Blizzcon he told us about the Burning of Teldrassil and the Conquest of Lordaeron. He also told us that we'd be getting the Subraces in 7.3.5 one week before Blizzcon.

So... I hold out hope that the first four Allied Races will be in place before 7.3.5 releases and the first 4 get unlocked via the Pre-order bonus.
    No, You changed my mind. You're completely right. If they were gonna wait for 8.0 prepatch and do something similar to DH, then all this information we've gotten in the last day wouldn't have been gotten till alpha/beta started. I mean maybe a snippet or two, but we are basically getting everything related to the 4 allied races. So yeah I agree with you, it's coming in 7.3.5 or very soon after.

10+ Year Old Account
    Err.. You still have to have a Horde Character to do the questlines to complete the unlock.

... you just don't have to get the Horde character through the Highmountain and Suramar reputation grind, if I'm right.
    Fuck. noooooes
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    Over on the official site there's a post in the PTR forum. Lore states that the patch is focusing on the level scaling mostly. However, he also states that datamining sites will see things that aren't implemented yet and are set for BfA, like Allied Races. That seems to go against the hope that 7.3.5 would contain the 4 revealed races already, saving the last two for the expansion.

Here's the link:
    https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...9567370#post-1
    8.0 pre-patch no doubt.