Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Sooo ehh... what happens to the Burning Legion's demons[spoilers]

I am not so "lore-savy', but without Sargeras, what happens to the demons now, lorewise? Will they continue conquer worlds, but without Sargeras?

Quote Originally Posted by AQ40 View Post
    I am not so "lore-savy', but without Sargeras, what happens to the demons now, lorewise? Will they continue conquer worlds, but without Sargeras?
    They've lost leadership, so they will likely splinter, and without Argus they will not revive nearly as fast.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I imagine the demons that remain will return to what they did before the Legion came into being - some will work on smaller-scale nefarious plans, others will go back to corrupting mortals and collecting power, and still others will probably just become marauders of the Twisting Nether. They'll work within the scope their relative power-level affords them, and return to being a carping, disharmonious, and altogether chaotic faction.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Can't wait for some remaining group of demons to become allied races down the road

A lot of them drew their power from the collective and Sergeras and Argus themselves so without them they have a lot less power. Most will probably scarper off into hiding in fear of being killed or enslaved by a more powerful demon. The few powerful ones left will either go pick on weaker beings or fight between themselves for power. They just saw us take down their leader and their literal worlds soul so I doubt any will be too eager to come and bother us anytime soon.

That’s only if the Titan Pantheon doesn’t lock the majority of them away again like they did originally.

10+ Year Old Account
    At this point I would be more worried about humanoid races' cults trying to exploit the countless number of recently unemployed demons.

Quote Originally Posted by Xerra View Post
    At this point I would be more worried about humanoid races' cults trying to exploit the countless number of recently unemployed demons.
    I think an interesting plot development would see some people start to hunt down any and all Warlocks to make sure nothing like the Legion ever happens again. Demon Hunters probably wouldn't be in for a good time either.

7+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard has probably taken another queue from their other franchises.

Demons seem (for the most part) to be marginally more intelligent than the undead. The whole "there must always be a Lich King" plot was to establish the undead going wild and rabid, more or less. Nothing to keep them in check; nothing to steer them in a certain direction; they would essentially be dogs chasing cars.

Demons will probably just be out there, doing demon things. They won't be running amok mindlessly across the stars, or at least not the majority of them. There are still power individual demons who can rally the others.

TL;DR - demons keep on demon-ing.

10+ Year Old Account
    They will try and find new low level warlocks to form a pact with.

Quote Originally Posted by AQ40 View Post
    They might. The problem with the demons prior to Sargeras/Nathrezeim/Eredar was that they lacked a leadership. If you're familiar with D&D alignments, demons are very chaotic evil. They do bad things because it's fun, not because they want to conquer things. Eredar/Nathrezeim are all more Lawful/neutral evil, while Sargeras is in more of a gray area. Chaotic good perhaps? He seems to do what he thinks is best for the entire Universe. Regardless, they have a goal in mind. They aren't just doing things because it's fun, but rather to gain something. Eredar and Nathrezeim generally seek to acquire more power. They keep the lesser chaotic evil demons in check so they can focus their efforts. Also, demon regeneration was very random before Argus' world soul was being tortured. They kinda respawned anywhere randomly in the nether before Sargeras found Argus. The world soul ended up being this sort of "default graveyard" of sorts. They would always go back to the planet to reform instead of it being a random event.

So.. they definitely will be a significantly less powerful threat. They will not be as focused. Many of those lesser demons will just go back to causing havoc due to their desire to cause havoc, but mischievous riffraff is less deadly than unified domination. There will probably still be more Eredar that might make a concentrated effort to dominate something, but I doubt they will have the same world crushing power as before. They also will not be able to build up the same kind of army either. If they get wiped out once, their army will disperse across the entire Twisting Nether. That sounds impossibly difficult to deal with.

Deleted
    I hadn't thought of this. Yeah - without leadership they'll just revert back to being destructive and chaotic. Maybe even spawn some new kinds of demons. Demon Invasions will still very much be a thing. That's why Sargeras started fighting them in the first place before he went all mental. They won't be on a crusade any more, but their instinctive nature is to just destroy stuff. So it'll be interesting to see where that goes. I don't think anyone wants another green expansion anytime soon but maybe we'll see something in a fair few years if WoWs still going.

Deleted
    Unorganized, and without any will to do anything. They will be easy pray for the void on the edge of reality now that there is nothing stopping it from consuming creation across all realities and timelines.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lothraxion is gonna do some heavy recruiting.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Haajib View Post
    Unorganized, and without any will to do anything. They will be easy pray for the void on the edge of reality now that there is nothing stopping it from consuming creation across all realities and timelines.
    I really hate the fact that Blizzard decided to have multiple realities, it just makes everything so pointless if you think about it for too long... Oh hey, we defeated Sargeras! What about all the other Sargerasses? Blizz solution to that was ''well there is only one demon for all realities'', which is just ridiculous as well. Kil'jaeden would spend all eternity just trying to corrupt the orcs on every Draenor because there are so many universes and only one KJ lol

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Nathrezim allied race confirmed!

They will become The First Order.

Quote Originally Posted by Heffladin View Post
    They've lost leadership, so they will likely splinter, and without Argus they will not revive nearly as fast.
    I thought with Argus/Sarg gone the demons can no longer respawn
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Anyway stop being such an ass fucktard.
    Quote Originally Posted by oblivium666 View Post
    Would you kindly go fuck yourself?

10+ Year Old Account
    I can see demons with a knack for leadership, like Dreadlords, doing some nefarious shit, but nothing in large scale like Sargeras was doing. Considering the people of Azeroth have not only won every war they engaged in with the Legion, they imprisoned Sargeras (again, kind of), and disposed of the one thing ensuring they can just keep respawning quickly... If I was a demon, I would think about that hard, and avoid pissing off any Azerothian natives or residents and stay far, far away.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Venarik View Post
    Can't wait for some remaining group of demons to become allied races down the road
    Fel to the Horde, Void to the Alliance.
    Heard it here first.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Or Ulthalesh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    All it takes is an incel at the wrong place wrong time and we won't even know what hit us.