Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I can see the amani joining the horde under a condition, but would require a silvermoon complete revamp. Half the city would have to be given to the Amani, and all their "sacred locations" as well. Half of silvermoon, because i have no idea where their "sacred" land is within here, but that is the cause of the war between the two. They built their city upon a sacred location. So, just say that the current "withered" half is the location of the once temple, and then they rebuild it.(oh, lucks on the elves side, that the non withered half isnt the land...) And done. As to the blood feud, it would end, as they both have what they want. Blood elves, most of their home, and the amani their sacred lands.

A lot of mistrust would happen, but eventually, im sure the elves and trolls will form a bond... and eventually a bond we could not wish to see

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I believe the Amani currently have no canon leader, or at least not one we're acquainted with as of Legion. Warlord Daakara died in Cata, and his successor Kazra'jin died at the Throne of Thunder during MoP. Presumably someone has stepped up to the plate at this point but I don't think we've met them, and probably won't unless they factor into BfA on some level.
    Oh, of course. My point was to counter the implication of M-Ra's statement that Amani leadership is the same then as it is now. Zul'jin brought the Amani into the Horde, but (and this is ignoring everything else), he's no longer around to bring them into the Alliance.

Naturally though, there'll be no canon leader until the next Zul'Again patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    Oh, of course. My point was to counter the implication of M-Ra's statement that Amani leadership is the same then as it is now. Zul'jin brought the Amani into the Horde, but (and this is ignoring everything else), he's no longer around to bring them into the Alliance.

Naturally though, there'll be no canon leader until the next Zul'Again patch.
    Hm. Your signature actually makes me sad.. Garrosh really WAS right the entire time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by M-Ra View Post
    Wouldn't it make more sense for them to join the Alliance? Yeah, the Amani had struggles with the humans as well, but their true enemy was always Quel'thalas. They invaded their home, build their magical city over their sacred place and hunted and slaughtered them for 3000 years. And the Horde supported the Blood Elves in murdering Zul'jin. They would gain nothing in helping the Blood Elves.
    blizz has a habit of shit on lore, but no it won't, yes they are enemies of elves, but even the most 'brutal' elf is nowhere near as cruel as humans were to trolls, humans have literally Trollbane as a family line, for every single troll a high elf slain, at least 100 more were slain by humans, and while high elves took 1 zone from trolls, humans took every other zone that ever existed from them
    Not to mention that the main race that did genocide against them was HIGH elves, who are still alliance, not horde, while horde have at least Orcs and Ogres and Goblins, who were their allies for a short time, different goblin faction, far more smaller ogres, but at least a little 'familiar' faces than ppl who practiced genocide against them on daily bases, some even for fun (in care of Stormgade history)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ThePallyRanger View Post
    I laid out a way it could work.

Plus, the Forsaken (when they were humans) and the Orcs hated each other, but now they're cool.
    Trolls enslaved Goblins, but Goblins now work with Trolls.
    Blood Elves hated Orcs, but now work with Orcs.
    Blood Elves (and Elves in general) hate/hated Trolls, but now they're chill with the Darkspear and Zandalari.

I don't see it being impossible or out of the question.
    can be explained actually without shit on lore
    Darkspear trolls also suffered from racism from other trolls, and never did any of other trolls 'bad' work, they never had feud with blood elves, never enslaved goblins, so neither races would hate the other
    forsaken were humans from Lordearon, the faction that supported orcs redemption the most, followed by Dalaran and Kul'Tiras (also in Kul'tiras case, it was purely because how good relation wtih Lordearon, and when Lordearon fell, we saw what happened in wc3 tft), so again not big stretch to be ok with orcs
    Blood Elves had no choice after alliance tried to holocaust them out of existence for the horrible crime of dare existing by the official leader of all alliance forces in northern part of Eastern Kingdom (Azeroth back then), they may hate orcs, but the other option is to let ur beloved old 'allies' kill u on sight

Lastly blood elves don't have bad history with Forest Trolls, they have it only with Amani Trolls, Forest Trolls exist in almost all northern of eastern kingdom before humans purged them out of almost everywhere, that includes Gilneas, Aerie Peeks, Alterac, and specially Stormgade who were extra cruel against Trolls for fun, and so on
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Honestly the only way I can see Amani joining the Horde, is if the Alliance invades Quel'thalas, and when things start to look desperate, the Amani come to the aid of the Blood Elves, estimating their chances of survival larger if they fight together with the Blood Elves, rather than exist in a continent dominated by the Alliance.

It would be the kind of major first step needed, for these two races to ever see eye to eye. There's just too much bad blood right now.

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    blizz has a habit of shit on lore, but no it won't, yes they are enemies of elves, but even the most 'brutal' elf is nowhere near as cruel as humans were to trolls, humans have literally Trollbane as a family line, for every single troll a high elf slain, at least 100 more were slain by humans, and while high elves took 1 zone from trolls, humans took every other zone that ever existed from them
    Not to mention that the main race that did genocide against them was HIGH elves, who are still alliance, not horde, while horde have at least Orcs and Ogres and Goblins, who were their allies for a short time, different goblin faction, far more smaller ogres, but at least a little 'familiar' faces than ppl who practiced genocide against them on daily bases, some even for fun (in care of Stormgade history)

- - - Updated - - -

can be explained actually without shit on lore
    Darkspear trolls also suffered from racism from other trolls, and never did any of other trolls 'bad' work, they never had feud with blood elves, never enslaved goblins, so neither races would hate the other
    forsaken were humans from Lordearon, the faction that supported orcs redemption the most, followed by Dalaran and Kul'Tiras (also in Kul'tiras case, it was purely because how good relation wtih Lordearon, and when Lordearon fell, we saw what happened in wc3 tft), so again not big stretch to be ok with orcs
    Blood Elves had no choice after alliance tried to holocaust them out of existence for the horrible crime of dare existing by the official leader of all alliance forces in northern part of Eastern Kingdom (Azeroth back then), they may hate orcs, but the other option is to let ur beloved old 'allies' kill u on sight

Lastly blood elves don't have bad history with Forest Trolls, they have it only with Amani Trolls, Forest Trolls exist in almost all northern of eastern kingdom before humans purged them out of almost everywhere, that includes Gilneas, Aerie Peeks, Alterac, and specially Stormgade who were extra cruel against Trolls for fun, and so on

The Blood Elves are High Elves. The same people that fought against the Amani. If you read Chronicles, you would know that it was the Forest Trolls that launched attacks on both the High Elves and Humans first. The Elves and Humans merely retaliated against their aggression.

I also don't recall anyone being cruel to Trolls "for fun". Perhaps you could provide a citation.

It was Terenas, not Lordaeron and its people in general. And Terenas decided to have them put in internment camps for life, which is hardly generous. And I'm sure Lordaeronians didn't take too kindly to genocidal Orcs trying to topple their city. From what I recall in the novels, common folk were absolutely disgusted by Orcs, Lordaeronians included.

The Alliance never attempted to "holocaust" the Blood Elves. The Alliance didn't even exist by the time Garithos came into the picture. Alterac was destroyed during the Second War. Stromgarde, Gilneas, and Kul'Tiras left the Alliance after the Second War. Dalaran and Lordaeron were destroyed during the Third War. Everything was in anarchy as the Scourge razed everything in their path, and all that remained of the living humans were a bunch of refugees and remnants. By the time Garithos and his rag-tag band of refugees come into the picture, the Scourge had already annihilated Quel'Thalas. The worst thing Garithos did was sentencing Kael'Thalas and the handful of Blood Elves that accompanied him to death for their interactions with the Naga. That is hardly the definition of genocide.

And yes, if you read Chronicles, you would know that the Blood Elves had a bad history with Forest Trolls for thousands of years. All of the continent of Lordaeron belonged to Forest Trolls at one point in time, and Zul'Aman was the capital. Chronicles mentions how both Humans and Elves kill Trolls across the continent until they're pushed back into Zul'Aman.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skayth View Post
    I can see the amani joining the horde under a condition, but would require a silvermoon complete revamp. Half the city would have to be given to the Amani, and all their "sacred locations" as well. Half of silvermoon, because i have no idea where their "sacred" land is within here, but that is the cause of the war between the two. They built their city upon a sacred location. So, just say that the current "withered" half is the location of the once temple, and then they rebuild it.(oh, lucks on the elves side, that the non withered half isnt the land...) And done. As to the blood feud, it would end, as they both have what they want. Blood elves, most of their home, and the amani their sacred lands.

A lot of mistrust would happen, but eventually, im sure the elves and trolls will form a bond... and eventually a bond we could not wish to see
    I thought their sacred location was Quel'Danas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePallyRanger View Post
    The Blood Elves are High Elves. The same people that fought against the Amani. If you read Chronicles, you would know that it was the Forest Trolls that launched attacks on both the High Elves and Humans first. The Elves and Humans merely retaliated against their aggression.

I also don't recall anyone being cruel to Trolls "for fun". Perhaps you could provide a citation.

It was Terenas, not Lordaeron and its people in general. And Terenas decided to have them put in internment camps for life, which is hardly generous. And I'm sure Lordaeronians didn't take too kindly to genocidal Orcs trying to topple their city. From what I recall in the novels, common folk were absolutely disgusted by Orcs, Lordaeronians included.

The Alliance never attempted to "holocaust" the Blood Elves. The Alliance didn't even exist by the time Garithos came into the picture. Alterac was destroyed during the Second War. Stromgarde, Gilneas, and Kul'Tiras left the Alliance after the Second War. Dalaran and Lordaeron were destroyed during the Third War. Everything was in anarchy as the Scourge razed everything in their path, and all that remained of the living humans were a bunch of refugees and remnants. By the time Garithos and his rag-tag band of refugees come into the picture, the Scourge had already annihilated Quel'Thalas. The worst thing Garithos did was sentencing Kael'Thalas and the handful of Blood Elves that accompanied him to death for their interactions with the Naga. That is hardly the definition of genocide.

And yes, if you read Chronicles, you would know that the Blood Elves had a bad history with Forest Trolls for thousands of years. All of the continent of Lordaeron belonged to Forest Trolls at one point in time, and Zul'Aman was the capital. Chronicles mentions how both Humans and Elves kill Trolls across the continent until they're pushed back into Zul'Aman.
    -The blood elves are politically different from High Elves, so no, they aren't same, in fact they are mortal enemies of high elves, with how high elves were mass slaughtering them in the Purge of Dalaran events, and trolls are smart enough to see that High Elves and Blood Elves have become the worst enemies possible, so I doubt they still see blood elves as bad as high elves, in fact it can be their chance to take vengeance on high elves for what they did
    - Chain quest in vanilla wow in Arathi Highlands that involved going Stormgade given by Troll npc, wait when wow get classic servers and I can show it but right now I can't find it
    - Not really, Teneras is highly respected, and Antonidas wrote the book about the blood curse of Orcs, so we know at least 2 faction leaders were shown interest in Orc conditions, Teneras is so respected that lordearon citizens still respect him as Forsaken still, honoring him, but yeah alliance don't even see forsaken have the right to exist in first place
    - Alliance exist since wc2 days, factions leave and rejoin but alliance officially formed since wc2 days. Garithos was appointed official leader of alliance forces in northern part of Azeroth (they didn't know of kalimdor existence back then, at least not general info), and Garithos was an asshole to anyone who wasn't human, Garithos literally said kill every elf by the end of the 2nd mission when he finds that his plan to make blood elves kill themselves fighting scourge with 'sticks and harsh language' failed when naga saved them, so yes he did, and if not for nagas help, he would succeeded in doing that, the only reason he didn't marsh to Quel'thalas to finish the job is because Detheroc enslaved him nothing else
    - I was referring to events prior to even wc1, mentioned in warcraft history, prior to human populating eastern kingdom, running away from the vyrkuls sentencing them to death for the curse of flesh, entire Eastern Kingdom was populated by trolls, trolls existed everywhere a big nation now exist on their corpses, including Stormgade, Alterac, Aerie Peeks, even Khaz Modan had native trolls, while some trolls still exist, they were nowhere near their old numbers and populations, so not sure what was ur point here
    - U again mixing blood elves with high elves, while they are retconed to be physically same, they are on polar opposite politically, with what Veressa did to please her human raptor talking sh8t husband, Zul'aman is still the capital, but the ppl who assaulted them in ironic twist are now banned from the stolen lands (high elves), the question here is what forest trolls want more, retake their lands, or avenge their ancestors, if former then it make more sense to ally with high elves against blood elves, if later then they will befriend blood elves against high elves, and if they are stupid (and trolls can be stupid too) they will be enemies of both and get f8cked
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Uhm, No?

The Amani have a long history of massacre with the blood elves. Not sure who per lore killed Zul'jin, but my money is the Horde. Pretty sure that means the Amani would rather go extinct than actually join the Horde.
    Last edited by Skyduke; 2017-12-06 at 05:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyduke View Post
    Uhm, No?

The Amani have a long history of massacre with the blood elves. Not sure who per lore killed Zul'jin, but my money is the Horde. Pretty sure that means the Amani would rather go extinct than actually join the Horde.
    Zul'jin was killed by adventurers working at the behest of Budd Nedreck and his mercenaries - neither the Horde nor the Alliance get canon credit for the kill.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2017-12-06 at 05:38 PM.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Wouldn't it make more sense for them to join the Alliance? Yeah, the Amani had struggles with the humans as well, but their true enemy was always Quel'thalas. They invaded their home, build their magical city over their sacred place and hunted and slaughtered them for 3000 years. And the Horde supported the Blood Elves in murdering Zul'jin. They would gain nothing in helping the Blood Elves.

Joining the Alliance on the other hand could be a beneficial deal for them, probably the best they ever had. They get backup by the Alliance in their Conquest of Quel'thalas and Silvermoon and can reclaim their lost lands, as Members of the Alliance. The Alliance would be in dire need of Outposts and a headquarter for their operations against Silvermoon and Zul'aman would be perfekt.
    Expect Amani Trolls feel the sameway towards all the humans and elfs, because of the Trolls wars. Amani tribe itself joining either side isn't logical but like raventusk tribe became as playable for the horde because they already are part of the Horde.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Terongor View Post
    Expect Amani Trolls feel the sameway towards all the humans and elfs, because of the Trolls wars. Amani tribe itself joining either side isn't logical but like raventusk tribe became as playable for the horde because they already are part of the Horde.
    All it would need would be a pragmatic leader. The Alliance conquers most of the eastern Kingdoms, joining them and offering them a bases in Quel'thalas could benefit them and finally get them Quel'thalas. So, it would be the intelligent thing to do.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    All it would need would be a pragmatic leader. The Alliance conquers most of the eastern Kingdoms, joining them and offering them a bases in Quel'thalas could benefit them and finally get them Quel'thalas. So, it would be the intelligent thing to do.
    Which is why the Alliance would never do it. In a misguided attempt, Anduin would probably piss them off more by trying to come off as the friendly human to the trolls.

The Amani are too proud to bend.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Which is why the Alliance would never do it. In a misguided attempt, Anduin would probably piss them off more by trying to come off as the friendly human to the trolls.

The Amani are too proud to bend.
    Which is illogical. The only logical thing for the Amani to do at this point would be to step up and join the Alliance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Which is illogical. The only logical thing for the Amani to do at this point would be to step up and join the Alliance.
    The Amani have never been big on logic or practicality - from Zul'jin to Kazra'jin, they've nursed an ancient grudge until it's all they know and pretty much all they care for.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Pride over subjugation, it’s the same reason the blood elves told Alleria to fuck off with her Alliance offer.
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    I am genuinely sad what they did to Night elves Athena, and I wish it didn’t go this way. Worst comes to worst, you could play a Nightborne, atleast you wouldn’t have to deal with Stormwind anymore. But then you have to deal with orcs.

Perhaps Shandris could take control of the night elves.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    please no.
    Holy shit lol

All Amani left Zul'aman already and they went with zul after the cataclysm and they owe their loyalty to Zul. Also they will hate alliance for accepting Alleria and void elves as much as Horde for belfs. Also Amani don't have lots of numbers and Zandalari had only amani tribe from all forest troll tribes. They probably have lost so many numbers already that I don't believe they have enough remaining. Also Alleria wouldn't be okay with amani joining the alliance like how much she hates the horde and orcs.
    Last edited by Terongor; 2017-12-06 at 09:08 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elven Athena View Post
    Why the hell Nightborne are on Horde is a mystery to me, other than the fact that BfA has made the Night Elves themselves so unappealing.

well, obviously was because they gave void elves to alliance, it was a "fair trade" in the twisted heads of wow devs

Quote Originally Posted by Elven Athena View Post
    I don't think it matters. Tyrande doesn't have to be written terribly but she is, Shandris is no different. I'm pretty sure we're going to see night elves 'taking solace in the light' in Stormwind Cathedral in due time. Who needs Kalimdor when you have 'the light' -.-
    Night Elves needs some love for sure. The Night Elves isn't what they used to be(give me WC3 Nelves back) Malfurion and Tyrande has taken the dumpster-road. It's like the devs only think of them as a joke. The Val'shara questline is embarresing. And Tyrande in Suramar isn't Tyrande. I mean I laugh all the time when I do the dungeon and Malfurion and Xavius have their "No U" dialogue, but it's really sad. Where is the furious Malfurion, the one from WoTA, or the wise guy from Warcraft 3. He is now neither.

And now Teldrassil burns. I do really hope the Night Elves strikes back, but there is only hope I guess.