Quote Originally Posted by SpeedyOcelot View Post
    That would be shortest progression thread in a long time :-(
    Quick guize, post ALL TEH MEMES!
    Thread stays open until first NA kill so we have some time...

Stylewar got Vari down a few mins ago. The Asian guilds have been really damn fast this time around!
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toogoodman View Post
    I mean, when BWL was released people were in greens and blues (not well itemized ones either). People also had zero idea how to play the game, making it "harder". Once people understood what to do, it was far easier to prepare for AQ40/Naxx.

Also, i left out KT because he died so quickly after 4hm. You, being an amazing vanilla player, must know tat you need 8 tanks with 4pc T3, so they would get taunt resisted, causing a raid wipe, on a 10+ minute fight. You are also aware, of course that each boss dropped a single tier token, with the 3 end bosses (leading up to 4hm) dropping 2. You might see where the problem is here, and why they decided to increase loot drops in TBC. If you were to take a guild like method, with literally some of the best players in the game, and put them in Naxx 40, they would probably steam roll it now with the theory crafting we have, and their ability to play. Also, if you've ever played a private server, where they even make Naxx harder to slow players down, it still gets rofl stomped in a week, because its a fucking joke.

Did I clear Naxx 40 in Vanilla? Nope, I was in a guild where we got cocked blocked by 4hm, we also had people doing under 200 dps back then, we had tanks using the shield out of ubers, we had half the raiders not even using consumables. But you know what? each horseman had 1 mechanic for dps to watch out for outside of their marks, I would hardly call that challenge by today's terms.
    This is so wrong on so many levels. We knew what we were doing well before BWL launch. We had SEP/AEP figured out already, damage meters, tank stat caps, spirit stacking / spell ranks / etc for healers. The reason we were in blues in BWL was because we DID understand how the game worked. Blue weapons in a lot of cases shit all over epic weapons because of attack speed, some blues were much better itemized than epics and tier sets. For most of Molten Core being current content the tier sets for a few classes sucked balls compared to crafted and dungeon blues.

The idea that we didn't know anything in Vanilla is comical. Information wasn't spoon fed like it is now, a lot of stuff was kept behind the scenes in-game and had to be reverse engineered with a good amount of guesstimating, but if you were in anything above a casual raiding guild you had a really good idea of how everything worked.

Is there a place to watch/track the Asian guild progress?

EDIT: Looks like Skyline is on raider.io, but they're the only one I'm seeing there
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Deleted
    Limit choke?

Didn't the OC fans tell us their guilds were going to destroy NA now that they have local servers? What happened?
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Since Aggramar was "mathematically impossible" for about half a day, how long does it take for memes to start popping on Argus?

Too many people seem to assume that because Argus wasn't the hardest boss in heroic the same will be true for mythic, but I don't think that's the case.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalcheus View Post

EDIT: Looks like Skyline is on raider.io, but they're the only one I'm seeing there
    Skyline is there, searching for more asian guilds

Quote Originally Posted by Kalcheus View Post

No, the Asian / Chinese armory doesn't update like the NA/EU does, blame Blizzard.

All Chinese guilds on Wowprogress / Raider.io is added manually. I get my info from people who play over there poking me, so that we can write our things over at the Method progress thingy. Also, you can watch some of the guilds streaming as well, for instance you can watch Stylewar doing Coven atm on the site I linked last page.
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

Quote Originally Posted by Khallid View Post
    Since Aggramar was "mathematically impossible" for about half a day, how long does it take for memes to start popping on Argus?

Too many people seem to assume that because Argus wasn't the hardest boss in heroic the same will be true for mythic, but I don't think that's the case.
    You get no insta-wipe mechanic in the whole fight, costant buffs, autoress in P4, if these things aren't true for Mythic, and I'm pretty sure that at least the autoress won't be there in the same way at least, the fight will become way harder.

AQ40 was a joke, once Cthun had a hotfix it instantly died, and he was the only actual challenge. Naxx had 4 "difficult encounters"

Being 4hm (because of geared tanks), Loatheb (because DPS race), Gothik (wutz coordination), and KT. Everything in Naxx outside of the 4hm/Saph/Kt was dead in a week.

Also, raiding used to have a massive barrier to entry, you couldn't gear up people, you basically had to poach players from feeder guilds lmao. Maybe we should go back to this system, make loot scarce and watch people squirm and cry because now the games "too hard".
    Make epics epic again.

You, being an amazing vanilla player, must know tat
    I mean, I did full clear the place back in the day.
    Last edited by ablock87; 2017-12-07 at 04:28 PM.

AQ40 was a joke, once Cthun had a hotfix it instantly died, and he was the only actual challenge. Naxx had 4 "difficult encounters"

Being 4hm (because of geared tanks), Loatheb (because DPS race), Gothik (wutz coordination), and KT. Everything in Naxx outside of the 4hm/Saph/Kt was dead in a week.
    What on earth are you on about lol.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khallid View Post

SPK Khalid?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Warriorsarri View Post
    All Chinese guilds on Wowprogress / Raider.io is added manually. I get my info from people who play over there poking me, so that we can write our things over at the Method progress thingy. Also, you can watch some of the guilds streaming as well, for instance you can watch Stylewar doing Coven atm on the site I linked last page.
    Sarri you are still playing? How is the raid from a melee perspective? I gave up my beloved warri after the melee unfriendly shit last addon.

Sry for being OT.

10+ Year Old Account
    Limit 9/11 was an inside job.

Quote Originally Posted by ArcadeBit View Post
    Sarri you are still playing? How is the raid from a melee perspective? I gave up my beloved warri after the melee unfriendly shit last addon.

Sry for being OT.
    depends on the fight, mainly they are a problem on 1 fight (Coven of Shivarra the 9th fight in the raid).

Has there even been a raid that lasted <100 pages of MMOC progress thread? EN doesn't count as a raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Hahyestwo View Post
    Has there even been a raid that lasted <100 pages of MMOC progress thread? EN doesn't count as a raid.
    Trial of the Grand Crusader? Mogu'shan Vaults?

Quote Originally Posted by Hahyestwo View Post
    Can page count be considered a reliable metric, tho? Interest in the race has plummeted.