Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    everyone is like that

When has anyone in history ever made a decision they saw as bad/wrong.
    That was kind of my point I guess. The term "evil" is pretty finite; while the actions and/or mentalities that we apply it to are often much less so. It's just a concept I find intriguing I guess and exploring the concept in a fictional world like WoW is much safer than attempting to dissect real world people and events.

It's why I find Garrosh so interesting actually; especially considering that I hated him, always have ever since I first met him in Nagrand. He's one of the only characters in WoW (specifically WoW as in MMO not the universe at large) that have been able to make me see them in more than just a few different dimensions. I really appreciate a character I can hate for "who they are" rather than hating them due to being badly written or similar. Joffrey in the Ice and Fire books is another good example that comes to mind. (Though, to be fair; that fucker really was evil lol)

Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    pretty much this

the factional conflict story arc will never have a final end so long as WoW exists, or for that matter the Warcraft universe exists.
    There is no reason for Blizz to end it.
    I dont know i thinked like this till now, they are gonna destroy undercity and teldrasill thats some serious shit
    Bitch Pls

Quote Originally Posted by Saiako View Post
    This OP shows what happens the second Blizzard dont make all of WoW about horde then again most horde players are used to years and years of focus on only their faction and even then they only see oneside of it all.
    This is horseshit of the highest caliber. Do enumerate those years and years of focus on only the Horde. And given your brainfart of perception of Warcraft's history, what sort of an argument is the later bit about people seeing only one side of things when the focus was only on one side?

We DONT know how BFA will end but at the start of it alliance is by far the losing side unless you somehow think the RUINS of Lordaeron and a very small territory compares to Teldrassil + all of the lands the NE held previous are equal, not to mention as to address about the OP even if it does end in us killing off another warchief alliance players are gone have to deal with there being no actual consequences for what the horde did if you think this is going to be another SoO.
    When did Blizzard confirm all Night Elven lands are are gone? And no way, the Horde will face no consequences. What about the consequences Alliance paid after SoO? Oh, right, also none. Despite them being the aggressor in the war.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    This is horseshit of the highest caliber. Do enumerate those years and years of focus on only the Horde. And given your brainfart of perception of Warcraft's history, what sort of an argument is the later bit about people seeing only one side of things when the focus was only on one side?

When did Blizzard confirm all Night Elven lands are are gone? And no way, the Horde will face no consequences. What about the consequences Alliance paid after SoO? Oh, right, also none. Despite them being the aggressor in the war.
    Cata - WoD were all horde focused xpacks seeing as in cata we followed green jesus in mop we had to "mop" up after green jesus prodigal son(Garrosh) and WoD do I even need to tell you how it was horde focused? going by your statements and your hardcore horde fanboism showing the answer is yes but I cba. Before those xpacks WoW´s story was neutral.

Garrosh was the aggressor in the war as he started it aka the warchief at the time aka the leader of the horde so you and your headcannon should find a room and not attempt to show yourself in the public. Fact remains the alliance won the war a fact stated by Blizzard and shown to us ingame on top of them also being the only real superpower left after SoO meaning they WAY outgunned the horde at that point yet choose to do nothing? not even claim back the lands taken by the horde during cata.

Btw you are 100% the type of player I mention at the start of my post.
    Last edited by mmoc27711a7cd8; 2017-12-07 at 07:36 PM.

Calling WoD a Horde focused expansion should be a bannable offense at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    All it takes is an incel at the wrong place wrong time and we won't even know what hit us.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    That's what a DREADLORD would say!!!111!!
    Lol...That would be hilarious if it ended up being Mal'ganis.

But no seriously its all the Old Gods, we basically just go from preaching unity and togetherness and "FOR AZEROTH" to "FUCK YOU GUYS LETS BURN DOWN A TREE AND START A WAR" Its Old God manipulation written all over it..even if it is the Desolate Council moving these pieces, the old gods could easily manipulate them, I mean theres an Old God minion right underneath them for how long?

10+ Year Old Account
    Thalyssra is the Dreadlord as discovered in this threat:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...alyssra-Theory

7+ Year Old Account
    Cata - WoD were all horde focused xpacks seeing as in cata we followed green jesus in mop we had to "mop" up after green jesus prodigal son(Garrosh) and WoD do I even need to tell you how it was horde focused? going by your statements and your hardcore horde fanboism showing the answer is yes but I cba. Before those xpacks WoW´s story was neutral.
    sure buddy, i let other people with enough patience talk about this, cause you whines invade and conquer our city, killed our warchief and firm yourselfs as potency of azeroth is surely horde focus

Garrosh was the aggressor in the war as he started it aka the warchief at the time aka the leader of the horde so you and your headcannon should find a room and not attempt to show yourself in the public.
    you are fucking delusional, VARIAN started the War you take your headcannon and shove up your mouth then

Fact remains the alliance won the war a fact stated by Blizzard and shown to us ingame on top of them also being the only real superpower left after SoO meaning they WAY outgunned the horde at that point yet choose to do nothing? not even claim back the lands taken by the horde during cata.
    So, the alliance won, fuck up our city, an get claimed as superpower, but not matter because they didn't take the lands? rofl LUL

You had to end a well-written post with bad-mouthing people who play ally, wonderful.

It has nothing to do with what's "A-okay in war". Horde are always the aggressors other than Genn in Stormheim, Dalaran was a response to blood elves helping Garrosh. If horde keep assaulting the ally for no good reason, more warchiefs will be lost.
    If Thrall had stayed warchief since cata, there wouldn't have been anymore petty horde aggressions. It's just bad writting in the end, and unfortunately I don't see any way Sylvannas can redeem herself.

- - - Updated - - -

What about the consequences Alliance paid after SoO? Oh, right, also none. Despite them being the aggressor in the war.
    ...Yes because alliance somehow need to pay consequences for taking down horde hitler? Also horde didn't have any consequences, alliance literally said "k bye guys" after sacking the city and taking down Garrosh.

Also please explain how alliance was the aggressor? I'm curious. Because every alliance "aggression" has been in response to some stupid irrational shit horde would start, including Dalaran exiling the blood elves. Do you consider the SoO an alliance aggression lol?
    Last edited by Grythletubs; 2017-12-08 at 07:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    I will, before Beta even starts, put money on this being unironically better than whatever trash ending we end up getting.

What the fuck does unironically better mean? Can't you use English and just say better?

Infracted.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2017-12-08 at 12:25 PM. Reason: Received Infraction
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    Once again, the Horde and Alliance are going to find themselves in a state of war.

The First War ended with the destruction of Stormwind, the Second saw the Horde broken and interned. The third was never Horde v. Alliance, but rather Horde, Alliance and Night Elves (With minor skirmishes in between) against the Scourge and Legion. That one ended in the Legion's invasion being repelled. Garrosh's War ended with treasonous rebels sacking Orgrimmar alongside the Alliance.

So, on precedent, we have a few endings:

A.) Conquest/Domination/Extermination of the Opposing Faction.
    B.) Skirmishes being ceased to allow the factions to unite against [Insert Large Threat Here]
    C.) One Faction suffering a betrayal, resulting in said faction's loss of the war.

Option A is obviously out, due to the format of an MMO.

I realize that a lot of people have their money on B, because "That's the way it always goes!" However, is it really? I mean, let's look at Horde/Alliance relations in WC3. There were certainly hostilities between the two groups (Orcs freeing Grom, stealing ships, attacking human survivors in Kalimdor, etc.) but the war itself wasn't ever focused on the Horde against the Alliance. They were simply two factions with poor history and circumstances resulting in some relatively minor battles, until they set aside their differences as the Legion invaded.

Classic WoW saw skirmishes, as did BC, but things never escalated into a war. WotLK was arguably the only time this has ever happened, with Varian effectively declaring war after the Wrath Gate. Again though, things didn't escalate, and a treaty was signed shortly thereafter. Unity didn't happen in Cataclysm, either, war erupted as Deathwing was scorching the earth. So on and so forth. Legion, of course, saw some hostilities between the Horde and Alliance; however, it followed the WotLK model roughly. There were some hostilities, but they were sidelined and patched over (both see conflict come the following expansion, as well).

Based off from what we know about the upcoming faction war, it's Ashran writ large. Both sides are fighting over Azerite, fearing what the other will do with it. The Horde is, again, the aggressor. It's also going to escalate very quickly. Teldrassil is burned (With Sylvanas possibly having some [insert powerful magical item here] to di it), and the Undercity comes under siege.

To focus on Teldrassil specifically, that's the "point of no return here." How do you possibly sue for peace after eliminating a capital like that? In a certain sense, it seems to be the "Theramore" of the upcoming war, in the sense that Theramore was the point when Jaina et al stopped worrying about peace and became focused on removing Garrosh from power (ie, concluding the war).

As much as I'd hate to see it happen again, there's really no other sensible way for this to end. Even as threatening as N'zoth may be, it makes absolutely no sense for either faction to overlook the hostilities by the other.

While there's a chance it may not happen, C seems to be the path that would result from not-completely-awful-writing (Since A is off the table). Unsatisfactory and tired? Yes. Better, quality-wise than B? Most likely.

Focusing on rebel factions specifically, one side is far more likely to suffer treason (again) than the other.

With regard to the Alliance, let's look at their leadership:
    Velen and Anduin and are probably the only leaders willing to come to the table after N'zoth emerges. Greymane lost a son and his Kingdom to the current Warchief. Tyrade's city will be a mountain of ash in the sea. Jaina is horribly written. Jaina is also adamantly anti-Horde. The Council of the Three Hammers could go either way, and Gnomes will never be relevant enough to warrant taking into consideration.

On the Horde:
    Most of the leadership from the Darkspear Rebellion is still in place. The same people that criticized Garrosh for starting a (completely necessary) war, and were taking borderline-treasonous action the moment he took up the mantle of Warchief. Baine harbors a respect for the Alliance (Anduin specifically), and didn't care too much for Garrosh's plan to claim Kalimdor for the Horde. Saurfang was rotting in Northrend during Garrosh's reign, but he's war-weary and a critic of what he personally views to be "senseless conflict." There's also some evidence from the "Before the Storm" text to indicate some wariness on his part toward Sylvanas. Lor'themar didn't have the stomach for Thalassian casualties, and considered rejoining the Alliance. He also couldn't be bothered to show up for Theramore, despite Garrosh specifically requesting his presence. Gallywix is a one-dimensional caricature that only cares about profit. No notable Darkspear has any personality whatsoever, but the tribe as a whole were noted to be a disproportionate amount of Garrosh's critics. With regard to the Forsaken, sure there's worship of Sylvanas, but we just got introduced to the "Desolate Council." A new body that is currently "meeting the needs" of Undercity's citizenry.

Horde characters going forward are likely (based on precedent, characterization and history):
    Baine: Express disinterest in the war, while offering some participation. At least initially.
    Saurfang: Express disinterest in the war, while offering some participation. At least initially.
    Darkspear Collective: Express disinterest in the war, while offering some participation. At least initially. (Could change depending on their relationship with the Zandalari, and Zandalar's relationship with Kul Tiras)
    Forsaken: Most are likely to whole heartedly support Sylvanas. There's a mild bit of discontent with usurpers waiting in the wings.
    Lor'themar Theron: Make no comment as to his support for the war, while offering participation. At least initially.
    Gallywix: Support the war enthusiastically, unless it drags on for too long ("Blank Scroll"), or the Horde begins to lose.

To recap here: Most Alliance leaders won't settle for a cession of hostilities, most Horde leaders aren't likely to be enthusiastic about the upcoming war.

Beyond just the opinions of faction leaders, though, let's look at what it would take to make B work, and explore the various options for C.

If unity were to happen, we'd need to see at least Genn, Jaina, and Tyrande killed off on the Alliance side. That's assuming too that their successors (At least Genn and Tyrande, since Jaina's just a notable figure with political clout at the moment), aren't going to hold the same grudges as those before them (Gilneas is an abandoned ruin, Teldrassil is a crisp). To see unity on the Horde side, the only person that has to go is Sylvanas. Saurfang et al. can all be realistically written as not desiring the war in the first place. Sylvanas also has a very handy replacement that was just introduced.

To take a step back from the story and look at Blizzard's statements, IIRC at the most recent Blizzcon they told us that "Jaina would be fine." At a previous Blizzcon, Dave Kosak mentioned that "Sylvanas will see a 'reckoning, one day.'"

Even after Garrosh's War, Varian, while not interested in occupying Orgrimmar, interested in containing Sylvanas. Sylvanas herself is as susceptible as a Warcraft character can be to corruption, what with having the need for [insert otherworldly power here], in this case, to save herself from death.

The only way I can see Battle for Azeroth ending is with Sylvanas getting offed. Unity just can't happen at this point, even if N'zoth himself emerges from the depths.

Strap in, lads. We're in for another expansion where we are fortunate enough to kill our Warchief while the Alliance complains about "Horde favoritism." I wonder what pathetic character they'll appoint to succeed Sylvanas?

Alternatively: What realistic ideas do you guys have for an outcome that's not a lazy rehash of MoP? Is there any remotely coherent ending in which Sylvanas stays alive and retains her position? Is there any likelihood for Alliance to get some of that wonderful spotlight they've been clamoring for, say a "Siege of Stormwind?"

P.S. Let's not turn this into another "Sylvanus thread." We get it, you guys really hate her for doing... things that are A-Okay in war.
    The only realistic idea that isn't a "she garrosh" ending is the forsaken race separate itself in half, a more evil part comprised of sylvanas loyalist flee for northrend to leech undeads troops from the weak bolvar king and ally herself with the kind of azshara etc.

The remain part lead by the desolate council will remain part of the horde for the sake of undeads being a playable race, they will not be based in undercity anymore and get relocated either in ghostland or dustwallow marsh.

As for undead not being able to reproduce it's a stupid motivation to begin with necromantic power was used by any decently powerful necromancer/lich way before the whole valkyries retcon was enough to ress intelligent undead the level of playable characters both undead and dk, blizzard will simply find a loophole to solve their stupid storytelling.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by The-Shan View Post
    Snip
    Beautiful. I rate it 5/7.

Amazing. 7/7

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    --- snip ---
    Was Anduin drawn to subconsciously invoke Fred from "Scooby Doo" or was that just a happy accident? Either way, amazing image.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Amazing picture. But you lost the opportunity to draw Greymane as Scooby Doo

And having Thrall be a recurring character in Cata, even putting aside his neutral role after he stepped down from the position of Warchief and dedicated himself to the Earthen Ring's cause, makes Cata a Horde focused expansion how, exactly? What, do the other recurring characters like the Aspects not count? Does Malfurion's role in Hyjal storyline not count? Do elaborate. Particularly the reason for you already moving your motherfucking goalposts from an expansion focusing only on the Horde to just focusing on the Horde.

MoP focused on the faction war in full. Which kinda makes it automatic that both factions were focused on. For every Horde plot there was an equivalent Alliance one. Including SoO, which despite Garrosh (after he already cast out the playable Horde from his True Horde) being the final boss, had faction specific differences, which is somewhat unique for raids. And can you at least maintain some degree of internal consistency? Later on you go on how Alliance totally and unequivocally won the war, yet the expansion "focuses only on the Horde"?

And WoD was about alternate universe Orcs that have jack shit to do with the playable Horde. It also focused on slaughtering those Orcs. So yes, be a dear and actually explain yourself rather than hiding behind some bullshit accusations like a coward.

Garrosh was the aggressor in the war as he started it aka the warchief at the time aka the leader of the horde so you and your headcannon should find a room and not attempt to show yourself in the public. Fact remains the alliance won the war a fact stated by Blizzard and shown to us ingame on top of them also being the only real superpower left after SoO meaning they WAY outgunned the horde at that point yet choose to do nothing? not even claim back the lands taken by the horde during cata..
    Yeah, no, Varian started the war in Wrath. https://wow.gamepedia.com/Alliance-Horde_war Specifically, in this quest:https://wow.gamepedia.com/Quest:The_...ercity_(Horde) The fact that the war began in WotLK is further supported by the factions undergoing a peace process in form of a truce and peace summits that were supposed to achieve a peace treaty during the events of the Shattering book. Northwatch broke the post-WotLK truce, as per https://wow.gamepedia.com/Kilrok_Gorehammer#Quotes Garrosh started his invasion only after the Cataclysm happened. Due to things like the words "before" and "after" conveying specific messaged and chronology existing, Garrosh attacked Ashenvale only after Northwatch attacked the Barrens.

And a status of a superpower means nothing in and on itself. US is the only super power right now. It doesn't WAY outgun China and chooses to do nothing with the Chinese expanding their sphere of influence, even through underhanded means like those they use in the South China Sea.

Also, the Alliance won the war against Garrosh's True Horde. Not the playable New Horde. The New Horde rebelled and joined Alliance. You don't get to demand land from your cobelligerent. And while the Alliance may have outgunned the Horde in general terms, the leaders present in SoO did not. Without Malfurion and Velen the Horde leaders had more immediate power at the scene. Had Varian pursued further war, the Alliance leadership was likely to get shattered, making any potential military advantage rather meaningless.

Furthermore, after MoP Alliance lost more than the Horde. They lost Nethergarde and Taylor's entire expedition while the Horde lost nothing in WoD. In Legion they lost one of their last gunships while the Horde lost some ships. The advantage they had after MoP dwindled since then.

And finally, your super amazing superpower WAY outgunning the Horde was the one to cede territory to the Horde in the following peace treaty, not the other way around. Says something about how significant their superpowerdom was in the long term.

You have fuck all to base your claims on, let alone your nonsensical and reactionary accusations of supposed headcanon on my part. So kindly get lost and stop polluting lore forum with actually provable fanfiction on your part.

Btw you are 100% the type of player I mention at the start of my post.
    Yes, supporting your fallacious horseshit with projection is totes legit going to work. Especially since my reply to you didn't even touch the topics your previous fallacious horseshit was about. Makes all the sense.

Quote Originally Posted by OIS View Post
    Calling WoD a Horde focused expansion should be a bannable offense at this point.
    We could start a petition :3
    Last edited by Mehrunes; 2017-12-08 at 08:00 PM.
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Plehnard View Post
    Amazing picture. But you lost the opportunity to draw Greymane as Scooby Doo
    Hes too shaggy to be scooby. If you catch my meaning.

Quote Originally Posted by VomitPrincess View Post
    ...Yes because alliance somehow need to pay consequences for taking down horde hitler? Also horde didn't have any consequences, alliance literally said "k bye guys" after sacking the city and taking down Garrosh.
    Who said anything about taking down Garrosh specifically? I talked about the entire war, that whether you like it or not, was started by the Alliance. But OK, let's go with your tangent. Why should the Horde that rebelled pay consequences for taking him down either? Especially since they did so after he publicly disowned them and cast them away from his True Horde. Also, did I say the Horde had any consequences? No? OK then, glad we could have this talk about basic literacy.

Quote Originally Posted by VomitPrincess View Post
    Also please explain how alliance was the aggressor? I'm curious. Because every alliance "aggression" has been in response to some stupid irrational shit horde would start, including Dalaran exiling the blood elves. Do you consider the SoO an alliance aggression lol?
    Was SoO the entire war now, or just its culmination? The war was started by Varian in Undercity, in response not to the Horde, but Horde rebels that captured one of the Horde capitals. After he tried to use that opportunity to conquer said capital for the Alliance and ultimately failed to do so because the Horde reconquered it before he could succeed. Also, the Purge of Dalaran started with Alliance and Jaina in the wrong, given the fact she broke Dalaran's neutrality in favor of the Alliance before a single Sunreaver broke Dalaran's neutrality in favor of the Horde.

On purpose!
    You should have drawn Genn in Worgen form, modeling his face after Scooby. Then it'd be perfection.

Who said anything about taking down Garrosh specifically? I talked about the entire war, that whether you like it or not, was started by the Alliance. But OK, let's go with your tangent. Why should the Horde that rebelled pay consequences for taking him down either? Especially since they did so after he publicly disowned them and cast them away from his True Horde. Also, did I say the Horde had any consequences? No? OK then, glad we could have this talk about basic literacy.

Was SoO the entire war now, or just its culmination? The war was started by Varian in Undercity, in response not to the Horde, but Horde rebels that captured one of the Horde capitals. After he tried to use that opportunity to conquer said capital for the Alliance and ultimately failed to do so because the Horde reconquered it before he could succeed. Also, the Purge of Dalaran started with Alliance and Jaina in the wrong, given the fact she broke Dalaran's neutrality in favor of the Alliance before a single Sunreaver broke Dalaran's neutrality in favor of the Horde.

You should have drawn Genn in Worgen form, modeling his face after Scooby. Then it'd be perfection.
    Deluded, absolutely deluded. As a horde player you're probably the worst kind of blatant fanboy out there who knows nothing about alliance.

You're seriously blaming an entire war on Varians response to the wrath gate event 4 expansions later. Horde has always been the aggressors, if you don't like it just switch factions, maybe that'll educate you more on the current lore instead of being so damn one sided.

The purge of Dalaran started with the blood elves breaking neutrality by using kirin tor resources to steal the divine bell. The whole "siege of undercity" anger stopped once Varian became level-headed during cata, followed by Garrosh going into power. You can literally find all this info online nevermind the books.
    Stop being a brat.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2017-12-08 at 07:52 PM. Reason: Received Infraction

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    I suggest doing some reading of your own. The Alliance attacked the Barrens prior to the cataclysm.

As for the bell , for the eight thousandth time, Jaina already bungled any claim to neutrality high ground before the blood elf (silverthorn) stole the bell.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol