Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Nah, that would take away all the feeling of accomplishment.
    That phrase now instantly evokes the image of EA (and the global record of downvotes on a post). :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    When would the Zandalari ever have encountered the Scourge?
    Well to be frank there are zandalari in northrend. And have been in stv since classic

They could easily make a story since the zandalari have gotten involved in world affairs i think its safe to say that some travel.

But honestly there are some just a few miles from the the scourge incursion into zuldrak
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default

Quote Originally Posted by tristannarutofan View Post
    Well to be frank there are zandalari in northrend. And have been in stv since classic

They could easily make a story since the zandalari have gotten involved in world affairs i think its safe to say that some travel.

But honestly there are some just a few miles from the the scourge incursion into zuldrak
    Those were small task forces sent to deal with other troll tribes causing problems.
    Last edited by Drekmar; 2017-12-08 at 02:57 PM.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    And right now it wouldn't make sense considering the starting zone of Demon Hunters, it would be absurd as fuck.
    no, I agree, that they would need to redo DH for Nightborne/void elf. That is the primary reason I think they won't do it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ningjinq View Post
    I wonder if you can pick-pocket Saurfang on the PTR? Could try out some animations if his is the player model.
    Why would you even want to pickpocket Saurfang ?
    Do you wish to get cleaved ?

Oh, and what about Zandalari Prelates?
    I agree that it's weird that the Horde already gets two new Druid races, but it could need a new Paladin race, too.
    While Druids make no sense for the other Allied Races, Alliance could get new Druids via later ones, such as Furbolgs or Arakkoa, or even Kul'Tirans (which definitely need a completely new model)

Edit: found an existing and current discussion that's already at 14 pages.

Quote Originally Posted by feangren View Post
    Why would you even want to pickpocket Saurfang ?
    Do you wish to get cleaved ?
    Saurfang has no pockets, just more hidden cleavers.
    Last edited by Nathanyel; 2017-12-08 at 03:27 PM.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    That phrase now instantly evokes the image of EA (and the global record of downvotes on a post). :-)
    I actually don't know about that. Of course I know about the Battlefront fiasco, but can you elaborate?

Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    I agree that it's weird that the Horde already gets two new Druid races, but it could need a new Paladin race, too.
    While Druids make no sense for the other Allied Races, Alliance could get new Druids via later ones, such as Furbolgs or Arakkoa.
    Well, they said in the past that it doesnt have to be equal when it comes to races/classes combos between Horde and Alliance.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

Quote Originally Posted by Ningjinq View Post
    I wonder if you can pick-pocket Saurfang on the PTR? Could try out some animations if his is the player model.
    Just try to steal from him and he'll style on you.

While Druids make no sense for the other Allied Races, Alliance could get new Druids via later ones, such as Furbolgs or Arakkoa, or even Kul'Tirans (which definitely need a completely new model)
    Night elves could teach void elves to be druids. Re-establish the connection to nature bla bla bla.

Night elves could teach void elves to be druids. Re-establish the connection to nature bla bla bla.
    The problem with druids is more so the druid forms. Highmountain are mostly just the Tauren animal form models with antlers and maybe a few more markings.

That's always gonna be the big thing that'll keep them from making races druids as opposed to.. say, a paladin.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    I actually don't know about that. Of course I know about the Battlefront fiasco, but can you elaborate?
    I didn't mean anything big - yes, it's about the Battlefront fiasco. Your phrase with "the feeling of accomplishment" was just close to the now-signature wording ("sense of pride and accomplishment") used in the EA's post that started it all. :-)

I didn't mean anything big - yes, it's about the Battlefront fiasco. Your phrase with "the feeling of accomplishment" was just close to the now-signature wording ("sense of pride and accomplishment") used in the EA's post that started it all. :-)
    Ahh. Oh damn.

You totally can. Gameplay > lore, this has been demonstrated many, many times, and a couple of times this has even been stated explicitly.
    Class selection is one of the places where lore trumps gameplay still.

If they can't explain how the hell a Zandalari could have been around the Lich King nearly ten years ago, they can't be Death Knights.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Class selection is one of the places where lore trumps gameplay still.

If they can't explain how the hell a Zandalari could have been around the Lich King nearly ten years ago, they can't be Death Knights.
    These things are always easily solvable. There are several examples of token Zandalari presence in Northrend / STV / whatever already noted above, but even if that was a completely new race - and if they felt strongly about allowing that race to have DKs - they would have just added some story for the times past with a Zandalari boy, an archaeology item with a suggestive text, etc, and that would be done.

Only Tauren and Night Elves can be druids - bam, there is a need to have more races for druids - aha, Trolls can now be druids as well. They always could, didn't you know. That kind of thing.

Deleted
    They're infused with void energy, doesnt mesh well with druidism. Some things are just to far :P I mean give them paladins, if their version of paladins use void instead of holy. Aka color everything purple.

Their priests already shouldnt be able to be holy or disc in the current state, but since shadow priest is pretty much the ultimate class for void elves, they have to have priests.

Quote Originally Posted by VileGenesis View Post
    They're infused with void energy, doesnt mesh well with druidism. Some things are just to far :P I mean give them paladins, if their version of paladins use void instead of holy. Aka color everything purple.

Their priests already shouldnt be able to be holy or disc in the current state, but since shadow priest is pretty much the ultimate class for void elves, they have to have priests.
    Well, they did add some purple Paladin sets, like LFR Paladin T20.

If Blood Elves can't be Druids, Void Elves sure as Fel can't either.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

If Blood Elves can't be Druids, Void Elves sure as Fel can't either.
    That would be a great example of gameplay trumping lore. In that Blizzard can totally decide that the current division of druid races is unfair and then void elves would get them and blood elves not with some BS justification that nobody would care about much.

Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    Because the discussion is about what is it tied to, and according to mount journal it is coming with Call of the Scarab world event, therefore implying 7.3.5 coming before 21st January, not what it looks like.
    To be fair, it wouldn’t be the first time they’ve added new holiday rewards in a patch that lands right after a holiday and we have to wait a year to get it.

I think though the fact that it says it comes from that micro-holiday is a red herring or placeholder. More likely I think it comes from what looks to be the new timeless isle-like content Silithus will turn into.