Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Something felt off - BFA is NOT Orcs vs Humans

I will be the first to admit, I was kinda hoping that that expansion following Legion would bring the factions more towards a peace then a war. Also, at the moment the war does kind of seem forced as well however I will wait to see the story unfold before to harshly judging it to early.

People defending the path it takes offend says "Well its the RTS classic warcrafts that were based around orcs vs humans". Here is the issue with that....there are humans yes, no doubt. The promo we see is a alliance knight face to face mimicing the old cover for WC. But orcs? nope. Saurfang considers what the horde doing so dishonorable that he refuses to take part (even though the orc on the promo art looks like him).

BFA is more like Humans (and furry humans) vs Dead Humans with others joining.

This isn't meant to be a rant of any kind. Orc NPC heroes are in to short supply for this to be a throw back to Orcs vs Humans.

Deleted
    Its called "World of Warcraft" not "World of Peacecraft" perhaps look for another game?

I think that this expansion will only be focused on a faction war for a very short space of time. Questing around the zone in alpha/beta and PTR very quickly eludes to there being way more than meets the eye.

*spoilers*

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brenz View Post
    Orcs have no honour. All they do is burn, rape, pillage, loot, destroy. Their version of honour is just barbarism to a civililzed nation.
    The waifu has asked for the war, she will get it, regardless of whether the rest of the pussy horde want it or not.

Best put your big boy undies on, there will be no peace, only dead horde.
    Good talk, but actually zero to do with the point. haha =D

Orc culture was a lot like Sexton / Viking I agree. But my point is that their are NO named orc npcs that would support whats happening here. Their culture has changed a lot since classic RTS days.

Goblins will be for war is there is money to be made.
    Forsaken def would be.
    Off hand the rest I dont think would.

Quote Originally Posted by Sangriel View Post
    Its called "World of Warcraft" not "World of Peacecraft" perhaps look for another game?

I think that this expansion will only be focused on a faction war for a very short space of time. Questing around the zone in alpha/beta and PTR very quickly eludes to there being way more than meets the eye.

*spoilers*
    Yeah it is World of WARcraft. And that is the game we play. That is correct. But seriously.... the whole deal how it is pushed down our throats is so "because reasons", it is just dumb.

If this was in the real world, I really doubt this would have happened as it happens in WoW. In the real world we would have peace and probably from Wrath of the Lich King or at the very least from Cataclysm onwards. And sure you would have "splinter groups" like small terrorist (this is what they would be called) cells that would try and bomb targets of the former factions. And I am not saying that everyone would go like: Oh we love eachother now, but there would be peace. And not some flimsy shit and no stupid misunderstandings.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    No one is saying that the game shouldn't be about War. But this War we are fighting now - Alliance vs Horde, right after defeating the intergalactic devil - has low quality. It's a bad storyline.

More peace between factions =/= Peacecraft. Legion had more peace between the Alliance and Horde if compared to Pandaria, but we fought a greater war against the Burning Legion. The faction war was better when it was reduced to minor factions fighting against eachother, like Warsong Outriders against the Silverwing Sentinels.

They advertised MoP as an all out war aswell, but the Sha ended up being the baddie. I am 100% certain that the same thing will happen in BFA. Not Sha ofc but something else that will take our attention away (as usual) of our faction war.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

*spoilers*
    Oh even if their was "peace" between factions there will always be those that want war. I 100% get why Genn wants Sylvanas's head. I get that the forsaken arent all there in the head and they eat babies. World of Warcraft should never go away as a game based around the ongoing tensions between 2 factions even if we get peace. The issue with this atm is that if Auduin wanted peace but Genn was going behind his back to wage war (like Stormheim) it promotes story. Sylvanas is the Gen of the horde, but she doesnt need to go around anyones back is the thing.

And yes, I agree to the bigger threat.
    Last edited by Ardac; 2018-07-02 at 01:05 PM.

Deleted
    Pretty much.

It's Humans vs Forsaken with sprinkles of Zandalari.

- - - Updated - - -

*spoilers*
    Same BS argument you see everytime.

What have you been at war with for all these expansions? The war is versus the big baddies, not the other faction. It hasn't been since WoW started.

So, get off your horse. The war doesn't have to only be alliance vs horde. That is your flawed thinking trying to limit things, not blizzards.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be

*spoilers*
    Huh funny, this argument is still as apeshit retarded today, as it was back in Vanilla. Funny that.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ergunk View Post
    They advertised MoP as an all out war aswell, but the Sha ended up being the baddie. I am 100% certain that the same thing will happen in BFA. Not Sha ofc but something else that will take our attention away (as usual) of our faction war.
    I agree that there is a darker influence. The way everyone that sees the azerite stares at it with wide eyes reminds me of the ring from LoTR. People want it, and by making it a new resource for use to grind it fits. Artifact power was the same, people grinded that like it was the apocalypse and it was in limited supply. So either it truely is the blood of Azeroth and we are killing it, or maybe the Sword struck the massive old god under that zone and we are collecting his essence and its corrupting us and making us want more and more.

Our source of intel is Magni and if the belief is true, "The king of diamonds has been made a pawn."

We maybe collecting Cthuns blood to feed to Nzoth to make make them stronger. Who knows!

Neah, it's just the writing quality.

All around there aren't anymore quality writers or story creators.

For one, the story now is decided by commission and not by one individual so there isn't any consistency.

And what's worse is that the writing is very shallow and you can't spot any nuance to the story.

Stoking the Faction Pride has often been used to increase the Hype. I feel it's pretty obvious that, while there is a shitty Horde vs Alliance focus conflict at the beginning, it won't be for the entire expansion.

5+ Year Old Account
    The answer is simple:

WoD, Legion, and BFA are all broken mirror retellings of the original Warcraft Games.

In WoD it's Orcs vs Humans, with the horde players also facing off against Orcs. It has the dark portal opening, the initial forays of violence, and then we -reverse- the aggression. Instead of Orcs invading Azeroth, Humans invade Draenor. We go in, set up a bunch of garrisons and outposts and create a foothold to hang onto Draenor with. But, as the Broken Mirror, the Orcs don't drink the Demon Blood before the Portal opens (Indeed, that piece of storyline was retconned into the lore after Warcraft 2). Instead they drink it later on as part of the "Reveal" that the Demons are the 'real' threat from Draenor.

In Legion, we begin to retell the events of Warcraft 2, backwards. Gul'dan and our enemies are seeking to open the Tomb of Sargeras, the Demons are the real threat, and so forth. Again the Horde and Alliance have to work together to fight against the True Enemy instead of the Horde being the True Enemy, just as in WoD. The big twist is that we go Through a distaff Dark Portal to Argus instead of Draenor. We find Turalyon and Alleria who were thought lost, and work with them to stop the Legion.

In BFA, we're focusing in on Jaina and the Forsaken. Who is missing? Arthas. Played now by Bolvar, kind of? We'll see how it turns out... But as it stands it looks like a broken mirror retelling of WC3 with the focus on Undeath and the Undead as a primary visual. Why they chose to Tides of Darkness the cover I'm not certain...
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardac View Post
    I will be the first to admit, I was kinda hoping that that expansion following Legion would bring the factions more towards a peace then a war. Also, at the moment the war does kind of seem forced as well however I will wait to see the story unfold before to harshly judging it to early.
    Have you played the intros and read Before The Storm?

7+ Year Old Account
    thats why the lore of this expansion is garbage, and why the faction theme is totally out of place, no matter how people defend, udned high elf should not be warchief, sme that boy being high king

Cataclysm and MOP were fucking good for faction war, it revolves around orcs x humans but also with other races x their nemesis, thats why they were ahead

Garrosh x varyan conflicts made the story great

they should just chose conflicts based on race again, not just "everyone in the horde soup" x "everyone in the alliance soup" this things just become a mess with the tentative of representations with everyone, cause everyone want their race in the spotlight.

War fronts and places of conflict could be race based, blood elves x void elves, Trolls x night elves, taurens x dwarfs, goblins x gnomes, worgens x undeads and orcs x humans, everyone would be represented, characters of those races would be development, and the sentiment of faction pride would be busted by the "race pride"

Deleted
    People that don't want a faction war are playing the wrong game.

What's next, buy mario kart and complain it's not a football game?

Deleted
    1st person to quote me - if this was "the real world" we wouldn't be running around as cows, elves, green-gym-guys, blue-gym-guy-scapegoats; its fantasy, centred around conflict.
    2nd person to quote me - you're right we teamed-up-ish to take down the intergalactic space devil but right at the start the goody king died when the baddy queen left the battle, or so the goodies think. Now that the space devil is beaten that seems motive enough to start a conflict to me, your thoughts? - good point on warsong vs sentinels though
    3rd person to quote me - i don't think Anduin wants peace, i think he wants justice for what happened to his dad and certainly isn't aware that Sylvanas retreated for her own safety; but yeah i agree the conflict is a fundamental of the game
    4th person to quote me - I'm not on a horse?! the idea we fight together against the baddies simply isn't true. when you've got your boss kills how many times has there been a member of the opposite faction in your raid?! the might have been instances where it appears a cessation to hostilities has occurred but then there is always something like the bombing of theramore, the faction champions, janna throwing her toys out of the pram when the Kirin Tor would kick out the horde, genn breaking the valkyre thingy, even Sylvanas "leaving" Varian to progress the conflict narrative.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Malfurion and Sylvanas about to have the most baller game of Plants vs Zombies though.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PaladinBash View Post
    Malfurion and Sylvanas about to have the most baller game of Plants vs Zombies though.
    this ^^
    lol