Page 1 of 16
... LastLast

6th Anniversary a sign WoW is going down hill?

With brewfest's lack of a mug, which was one of the easiest things they could add, and no pet for this years anniversary, am i the only one that thinks WoW is going to be more about money than giving out small sentimental items? I know blizzard doesn't HAVE to give these things out, but a big part of the player base enjoys collecting such items, a good example if this is right will be this Christmas, if they just have the event repeat itself. another thing i noticed, the elemental invasion left no real item behind, the epic drops were bracers/ necklacess / and other items with no visual appeal, however, the shield was there, and it was the only one, but my first thoughts on first hearing about the drops was, what awesome looking items would i get.

To sum it all up, Im well aware that blizzard doesn't have to do these things, but its nice. It seems like they bailed on giving us a gift, so more people would buy one from the pet store.

EDIT: I dont know if people are not reading my post, and just blindly treating this as one of the many crying threads. When i mean going down hill, its not like im saying, ZOMG PET NOAW OR NO MOAR SUBS FOR WOW SO IT DIE LULZ. More like, somethings are so easy to add in, why not do it? Its just stating that the sentimental items I look forward to every year / expansion, is more than likely not going to happen.
    Last edited by Sun-Ra; 2010-11-30 at 09:49 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently the moral is NEVER GIVE ANYONE ANYTHING EVER.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

15+ Year Old Account
    Remember the 3rd year anniversary gift?

How about the 2nd? Or the first?

Just because we got a mini-pet 2 years in a row, and then didn't get one, doesn't mean wow is going 'downhill'.

Oh, and we got the Shattering for the 6th year Anniversary.

I do love the "They gave it to me twice, now they owe me a third!", though.

Considering they didn't even recognize the anniversary previous to achievements, I'd say that WoW is definitely going downhill, YEP!

Dumb.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    but... they completely reworked Azeroth, gave us a plethora of new quests, made leveling alts easier than its ever been, new race/class combos, ect. ect.... personally i like what they did better than getting a pet that i will literally almost never have out, but thats just my opinion

They gave out pets twice. Once 3 years ago, and then last year.

Stop complaining, you have over 100+ pets to collect. Why exactly do you think the elemental invasion should have left you something? Just sounds like a bunch of qq over not getting something to make you a unique snowflake later on down the road.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post
    At what point would you ask yourself, Is this game turning into a money scheme? In the past they gave rewards for being active at certain times, like before each expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sun-Ra View Post
    At what point would you ask yourself, Is this game turning into a money scheme? In the past they gave rewards for being active at certain times, like before each expansion.
    Blizzard is a business, ITS ALWAYS BEEN A MONEY SCHEME.
    I have a black belt in common sense compared to your white.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

This game turning into a money scheme?

Have you been living under a rock? Remember the introduction of the Pet store, addition of paid services? Of course it's more of a money scheme. That has nothing to do with how Blizzard handles the game, though.

Deleted
    Why do people always have to get stuff, be happy the game already lasted 6 years...many MMO's cant celebrate this, certainly not with so many subs.
    Grats Blizz!

Wow really? How many more spoiled 14 year olds are going to make bawl threads about not getting a vanity pet...have you read the EULA?

Blizzard could cut off wow entirely tomorrow if they wanted to and there's nothing anyone could do about it all. Your gear, achivis, mounts, pets, titles, everything gone just like that. You should be glad they keep the game going with new expansions etc instead of crying about not being handed out a free vanity pet just for logging in one "special" day.

Yeah WoW is dieing because you didnt get a gift for their birthday.

Man you kids are needy. its THEIR anniversary. Why don't you give them a gift?

Deleted
    Considering how irrelevant pets are, and how ridiculously stupid it is to even have "holidays" in WoW. Stupid q-givers, you can't switch off, keeps overloading my minimap. If they could at least reduce the population of these idiots to 1 per capital city and keep them in the very corner of the city (or outside would be even better), then it would be a lot more bearable.

I absolutely hate the amount of mini-things they jump this game with. It's about war! War between big factions and grand monsters! Not frikkin penguins and miniature version of bosses!

So no, WoW is going a very big step UP HILL if they have now introduced a policy that means less pets and less fancy shizzle to dazzle your mind, while you're not focusing on ACTUAL content, that being raids and pvp.

we didn't get a beer mug = wow is shooting straight down to hell

i didn't know that, learn something new every day.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    The reason Wow is going "downhill" is not from getting a pet for 6th anniversary, its from whiny ass posts from people like the OP. You arent entitled to anything but to log in to the game and play it. Would it have to been nice to get a pet? Of course, but whining about it gets you nothing but flamed and trolled. Also lets see how "downhill" they really are next tuesday when cata hits.
    Last edited by maradorn; 2010-11-30 at 09:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post
    agreed.

if you give a mouse a cookie, he'll want a glass of milk.

15+ Year Old Account
    sky = falling
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

The Brewfest Stein thing is a legitimate complaint.

It's the first time where I really felt like... there was objectively sloppy or unpolished work done in the game. I think they just forgot about it, in all the hubbub for the cataclysm and making sure the Thanksgiving holiday was going to work in the altered zones.

All they had to do was change '2009' to '2010' and maybe change the color. SADFACE

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Finalwish View Post
    Yeah WoW is dieing because you didnt get a gift for their birthday.

Man you kids are needy. its THEIR anniversary. Why don't you give them a gift?
    I approve.

Happy birthday WoW?