Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Horde Warrior Race

So, last minute change of plans! I'm going to be horde for cata, what is the best dps race to play(racials). Orc, goblin, or something else. Thank you!

Troll is probably the best, 1.1% haste (if you used it on CD, and you could get more of a benefit if you were fury and timed it with DW and BL)....Goblin has 1% haste....and then orc for the AP.

Tank I gotta go with Tauren, or BE for the silence (which is the only one that can be done WHILE silenced).
    When you shoop da whoop, you feel powerful and don't want to lose it, and then a guy in plate armor comes and turns your woop against the shoop, hence, making you got laz0red.

Guild No Quarter - www.nqguild.org

Orc, Goblin, or Troll are really close with their racial in terms of PVE dps so really the decision is what you want to look like, and if you want an on use ability like trolls and orcs, or the passive 1% attack speed on Goblins

I say Orc. Troll has a 3min cooldown and it only last 10sec, Orc AP buff syncs up very nicely with Death Wish (if you're Fury) (2min cooldown) and it last 15seconds. I think in terms of numbers, we're going to see Orc do the best. Goblin is nice because its passive, but I dont think its going to be competitive with Orc or Troll. BE (or Undead, but its worse) if you plan to PvP. Tauren if you plan to tank.

Blood Elf for the looks! My fury warr looks like really awesome!

zug zug, orc in other words.

In the end play what you know you'll enjoy. Racials get put to the backseat if you cant stand looking at your char for hours on end.

Yeah...

ORC

The only race that actually looks like a badass warrior is supposed to look like

Deleted
    If you really are min-maxing, Orc - not even a question.

Orc: double expertise (i.e. one-handed and two-handed axes. Very useful in both dps and tanking) + Bloodfury (2m cd) + stun reduction.
    Troll: burst CD (shame its 3m cd) + snare reduction + regeneration.
    Goblin: 1% haste + second charge (2m cd) shared with second heroic throw (doesn't scale obviously).
    Tauren: 8yard aoe stun (2m cd) + 5% higher base health.
    Belf: 8yard aoe interrupt and silence + 15 rage - very useful for melee classes in pvp.
    Forsaken: 7% health every 2seconds for 10 seconds against defeated humanoids - breaks on damage. Nice while levelling and pvp. The WotF trinket is worst racial in the game (it doesn't even compare to a pvp trinket) so not worth considering above others ever.

Ranking PvE: Orc > Troll > Goblin > Belf > Tauren > Forsaken.

Reason why Troll > Goblin is the on-use can be stacked with other dps CDs to time your burst. Other than gear and talents, stacking CDs is by far the best way to increase your damage in PvE. But otherwise there is very very little difference between Troll and Goblin - if anything overall Goblin may even edge out (I'd have to see the math at 85).

Ranking PvP: Goblin > Belf > Orc > Tauren > Troll > Forsaken.

Yes, belf racial is that good for melee. It can literally be a game changer in arena, for example - ask any Gladiator or check out arenajunkies.com (in addition, when they had reduced chance to be hit by all magic they would probably still be top). Belf would be highest except being able to stack gap closers on top of having a passive increase all the time to dps almost as good as a Troll is too good to pass up. The penalty for occasional dodges by players against you in pvp are low as a warrior, so Orc expertise not that useful. Finally, a shorter cd aoe stun (works against both melee and casters) is more useful in pvp than a bit more burst with a 1minute longer cd.

Personally,
    In terms of looks: undead.
    In terms of coolness (not many troll warriors around when there really should be): troll.

It's a tricky choice, lol. But for me the "safe" choice would be Orc. Since I have an 80 orc warrior already and most of my chars are trolls or belfs cept my druid, I'd probably roll a fresh goblin just to experience the new quests and for pvp.
    Last edited by mmoc83df313720; 2010-12-07 at 11:59 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    In terms of coolness (not many troll warriors around when there really should be): troll.
    This guy speaks the truth, listen to him.

Why trolls? Because we regenerate 2 health per second and there is nothing you can do about it.
    People take stupidity to a whole new level when they sit in front of a computer.

www.poepra2.com.br Um blog para quem prefere jogos multiplayer.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowkras View Post
    Why trolls? Because we regenerate 2 health per second and there is nothing you can do about it.
    i lol'd
    go blood elf female or maybe orc male , both are good.
    ps. didn't saw the date of the topic =)

Troll Warrior is best Warrior!

10+ Year Old Account
    I think Orc is the best for PvE and Goblin for PvP.

Orc has AP on cd and more expertise while using axe or hand weapon for PvE.

Goblin has rocket jump (which will be even more valuable now that Warriors won't be able to charge and intercept) and their small size makes them harder to see/click on for PvP.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by squeeze View Post
    If you really are min-maxing, Orc - not even a question.

Orc: double expertise (i.e. one-handed and two-handed axes. Very useful in both dps and tanking) + Bloodfury (2m cd) + stun reduction.
    This would be mildly useful if there were actual strength based 2h axes or tanking axes available and no below 3.8 speed. There are no tanking axes available in content and there has been maybe 2 or 3 total since wrath that are remotely viable. You can get one with mastery and hit or some such from heroics at this point, but not optimal just for expertise boost since threat is not remotely a problem and there are no parry gibs. For dps, you have the 2h axe from chogall that is 3.6 speed and thats it for epic 2h axes. Theres maybe 1 with strength from heroics, rest have agility. PvP weapons are teh only option for decent strength based dps axes and not even optimal dps with resilience compared to zinrokh or ashkandi. Yet humans get maces and swords, the two most popular and readily avialable weapons in the game, all with dps and tanking options for them. Dwarfs get maces as well. Axe mastery is a joke at this point. Gone are the arcanite reaper days. Wrath dps had some options at least during icc and togc. Still not nearly as prevailiant as swords or maces.

Tauren, because any other race is smaller than my right leg (especially BE, about goblin they barely scratch my hoof).

10+ Year Old Account
    If i would playing horde (me is human male) then i would choose Tauren (for the looks and bad ass animations) or Orc (racials, Style). Gay Belfs are gay so that would not my personal choice. Goblins would be perfect for pvp, but i hate little green minions like our gnomes.

Best race racial wise? I'd say orc or goblin, I would take orc myself.

Deleted
    I just love the orc male animation's and how they are dumb, there just made to be a warrior, also there racials are really good, you could macro the racial to high damaging spells.