Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by blackblade View Post
    Maybe they'll sell em for gold? They allready sell the guild-purchased looms for gold.

Good question.
    *cough*cashshop*cough*

Good. Getting gear from drops only, is the way it should be.

Ever since valor gear and points vendors were added to the game, getting a piece of loot has felt very underwhelming. I'd rather have that RNG surprise element over the "only 50 more points until my bracers upgrade!" any day.

Quote Originally Posted by OneSent View Post
    Good. Getting gear from drops only, is the way it should be.

Ever since valor gear and points vendors were added to the game, getting a piece of loot has felt very underwhelming. I'd rather have that RNG surprise element over the "only 50 more points until my bracers upgrade!" any day.
    Agreed.
    Maybe badge gear was more of a necessity back in the day when RNG was pure RNG, but nowadays we have charms rolls and (apparently) a "smart" RNG system so there's no real need for badge gear anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post

I kinda LIKED upgrading.

Upgrading makes it such that certain pieces of gear have to wait a week or more after you've already gotten it until it finally becomes an official upgrade to wear.
    Blizzard removed this problem so that way when you get a new piece of gear you can wear it right then and there. I see no problem with this.
    "Do fish have dreams?" - Nick Cage
    The Cage!! In his most primal form!!

Sorry to necro this thread, because it was brought up again, I looked first before posting.

How much gold inflation are we talking about here?

Is Gold going to end up as Zimbabwe dollars? 5k for Heirlooms? I just don't understand.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiserneko View Post
    Alright, you've convinced me. You've defeated me with your superior intellect and articulate arguments. All hail Jokerfiend.

this means less people will run dungeons/lfr/whatever, and gold spam will be at an all time high

what the hell are they thinking?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moradim View Post
    this means less people will run dungeons/lfr/whatever, and gold spam will be at an all time high

Leave gear acquisition to RNG and gold, keeps people playing longer.

Dungeon spamming rewarded guaranteed currency for gear.

Leaving it to pure chance and money is going to have a lot more people farming that much longer to get their stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Moradim View Post

Apexis Crystal replaces VP. This gear covers cloaks, bracers, Hands, Helm, legs. These items can be upgraded three times using apexis crystals (iLvl 630>645>655). This should help with RNG.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...amutx/advanced

"Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Sometimes those opinions are wrong though." Daxxarri

Not sure how I feel about this. My favourite reward system was the one in WOTLK.

Of all the changes this one is actually the one that's irking me the most. Remains to be seen how everything is implemented, but I'm kinda worried the balance will be off so I'll actually have to try and make money as opposed to getting enough just from daily quests and dungeons. In which case it would kinda kill the game for me as that aspect of things really doesn't interest me.

Really not happy with this change. Running Heroic Dungeons for Justice to gear Heirloom/Transmorg gear made Heroic Dungeons still usefull, and also grinding Valor from Hscen too. I don't see why they need to remove them, the currencies work fine, cant see a problem with it. Rather spend my Gold on stuff thats not for raiding.

It will fuck up LFD. Expect 3 billion years queues. Good job, Blizzy!

10+ Year Old Account
    I will miss the upgrades. I will miss being able to purchase an item where RNG hates you. The current bonus rolls don't fix the RNG problem, they just are more RNG.

7+ Year Old Account
    I hope dungeons give apexis crystals, or at least your first dungeon per day does. That way you will still do dungeons even when you are completely geared from them.

To not have to deal with capping these points every week is a welcome change as far as I'm concerned. WoD is polishing the game for veteran WoW players...though I think the higher price is a little steep for the amount of content we're getting. Too early to tell yet, though.