Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Another reason EotE will be better in WoD:

Will the new Echo of Elements cooldown reset for Ele Shaman be overridden by Lava Surge procs, since it resets the CD anyway?
    No, they're totally compatible. Only one will be used. (Celestalon)

Wait, what? I thought EotE's effect was not to incur the next cd, instead of resetting it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

Quote Originally Posted by Omanley View Post
    Wait, what? I thought EotE's effect was not to incur the next cd, instead of resetting it?
    I think the question is about the fraction on seconds when it is off CD but you are casting something else and you get a Lava Surge proc.

Well, since it(LvB I assume, since EotE does not seem to have a cd) is already off cd, Lava Surge would not reset the cd, for a start.
    Your next LvB would be instant, removing the charge, and not incurring its cooldown, removing that charge also.
    I'm dumb and missing the meaning, am I ? Nevermind, never played ele anyway Was just confused about the "reset" thingy and assumed another change to EotE in WoD alpha/beta.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

Quote Originally Posted by Omanley View Post
    Well, since it(LvB I assume, since EotE does not seem to have a cd) is already off cd, Lava Surge would not reset the cd, for a start.
    Your next LvB would be instant, removing the charge, and not incurring its cooldown, removing that charge also.
    I'm dumb and missing the meaning, am I ? Nevermind, never played ele anyway Was just confused about the "reset" thingy and assumed another change to EotE in WoD alpha/beta.
    What I got from it is that in the rare case when you are casting a Lava Burst while having the proc from Echo of the Elements, that would cause Lava Burst to not incur the cooldown, and before finishing the cast Lava Surge procs, when you finish the cast, you can use the free Lava Burst from Lava Surge, and after that cast again because the effect of Echo of the Elements made it not incur a cooldown.
    Everything that is, is alive.

Agaor - Enhancement Shaman

Here's how it'll (most likely) work:

(target already afflicted with Flame Shock)
    Ele Shaman casts Lava Burst (now on CD)
    Ele Shaman casts Lightning Bolt
    Lava Surge proc from FShock + Echo of the Elements from LBolt
    Ele Shaman insta casts LBurst from Lava Surge (consumes EotE, no cooldown)
    Ele Shaman casts Lava Burst (now on CD again)
    Last edited by Terminal Lance; 2014-05-09 at 02:47 PM.

Will people use new EoTE? I don't know if its a nerf or a buff. I figure it's a buff for sustain but a nerf for burst? I like the old one better

Quote Originally Posted by Terminal Lance View Post

That's how it is on PTR, Lavasurge always eats EotE and you can cast Lavaburst right afterwords and then it comes on CD.

Quote Originally Posted by Euroguy View Post
    Will people use new EoTE? I don't know if its a nerf or a buff. I figure it's a buff for sustain but a nerf for burst? I like the old one better
    I hope so, EotE is the only good/fun/interesting change enhance got in wod.

I like it a lot, tho I don't know whether I should use it with SS or LvL.

Yeah im maining a Elemental Shaman Dont know about Enh.

Former EoTE buffed our Lava Burst, is it worse now?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Terminal Lance View Post

Not trying to bash you (or anyone else for that matter), but how can anyone assume it would work any different than ^ given the tooltips of the talents/skills?!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Emophia View Post
    I hope so, EotE is the only good/fun/interesting change enhance got in wod.

I like it a lot, tho I don't know whether I should use it with SS or LvL.
    Yea... it's the one change that switches up the playstyle some. You can squeeze some extra stormblasts during ascendance with it.... even those ascendance hits like a wet noodle.

I'm trying to figure out what is better too, SS or LL. I have been going with SS cause it hits twice which should mean more chances to proc MW.... plus you get free LL with the FLS proc anyways. I'm not sure which one actually puts out more damage tho. I kinda wish they kept static shock in, as SS meant more chances to proc LS also which kinda tipped the scales in its favor.

Not trying to bash you (or anyone else for that matter), but how can anyone assume it would work any different than ^ given the tooltips of the talents/skills?!
    The problem they are worried about is if the one proc will eat the other, so lava surge and eote not being seperate any only giving you one free LvB... but apparently it gives you 2 free LvB so everything is as it should be. The same is for Enhance, we can use LL with eote as well as our free procs off FLS (least it looked like it to me from my testing).

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope, i prefer sustained dps specs over the EM/PE annoyance.

Well, I'll be using SS with the 4-set bonus, using LL before 4-set if Elemental Fusion proves to be worth using after the nerf to it's damage.