Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    I've had Hunter alts scattered throughout my WoW career. I never got very high level, but I remember always running out of ammo right before the last bosses in dungeons. Meleeing VanCleef was always fun.

15+ Year Old Account
    on my hunter i always had 2 stacks on lower quality ammo, so that sometimes during a fight i ran out i stil had a backup stash.
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Quote Originally Posted by lupii View Post
    Hah, you guys had ammo. We had....soul shards...friggin soul shards....
    And making sure you got them was a dps loss, since back in the early days, you had to channel Drain Soul to get them!

Deleted
    I remember having a crap bow to swap in on neffy boss fight. I remember having to melee him if i diden't swap my bow in time. I remember the guy who would swap the crafted bullet ammo for arrows too. Also remember hunting for Brokentooth because ZG bat was lame

That reminds me of the Shards for Warlocks ... when you had to get a full bag before a raid
    Anyway, I'm a hunter now

Those where fun days indeed.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You could always go melee and claim weapons as hunter weapons when they dropped afterwards and you'd get it, cause all weapons were hunter weapon

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by plantation View Post
    those were the days! idc what anyone says I loved having ammo, quivers, etc. made the game more immersive even if it was a pita at times.
    No, not at all, i hated using Ammo (it was nice in some ways and that also made the legendary bow even more legendary but still no....), you had 1 bag less than everyone else and sometimes for raids you had to fill your quiver and get 1 more bag full of ammo just to make sure you wouldn't have to be in the middle of a boss fight using melee attacks >.>

10+ Year Old Account
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    No, not at all, i hated using Ammo (it was nice in some ways and that also made the legendary bow even more legendary but still no....), you had 1 bag less than everyone else and sometimes for raids you had to fill your quiver and get 1 more bag full of ammo just to make sure you wouldn't have to be in the middle of a boss fight using melee attacks >.>
    I literally NEVER ran out of ammo.
    I always kept 7-8 Adamantite Stinger crates on me in addition to what was in my quiver. Plus had some lower dps Trash ammo.
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff

10+ Year Old Account
    If you ran outta ammo you'd just whip out your melee weapon and raptor strike/mongoose strike the shit outta them!

I remember that Hunters wanted to tame The Rake (a cat pet north of Thunder Bluff) because it had the fastest attack speed on a cat pet. Attack Speed on pet were a thing back in the days.

Ammo was horrible, to be honest. :/ I also remember most hunters would HAVE to sit in Aspect of the Viper the entire time cause our mana regen was just too low without it to sustain DPS. X_x

The one thing I miss: If you used Feign Death for the full 6 minutes, you'd actually die.

One thing I REALLLLLY don't miss: Having to tame various levels of pets and species in order to "learn" new ranks of skills for your main pets. :/ All with only 3 stable slots. :/
    Last edited by Myzou; 2014-07-19 at 08:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Myzou View Post
    Ammo was horrible, to be honest. :/ I also remember most hunters would HAVE to sit in Aspect of the Viper the entire time cause our mana regen was just too low without it to sustain DPS. X_x
    Some had specific macros for mana regen as far as I remember. /cast Aspect of the Viper /cast Steady Shot. And another one with hawk & Chimera shot. That way you made sure to get the most out of your mana and keep up the dmg.

I have an old screenshot somewhere that shows our old guild master/raid leader at the time making arrows during H LK progression...mid fight.
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

Deleted
    i remember running out of ammo mid raid and spent the rest of the time melee :P fun times

Quote Originally Posted by Ryas View Post
    Biggest use of Eyes of the Beast was pulling in MC and BWL. Me and another hunter used to chain pull in BWL so we could clear it in a little over an hour. Speed runs were fun.
    Was also useful for the second to last boss in Heroic Mechanar. She has these very annoying but slow-moving fire elemental adds, so groups would go all the way to the end of the instance and send a hunter pet back to pull her. The elementals would spend the whole fight slowly crawling their way up the corridor.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spalding View Post
    I'm unsure about yall but I also remember having to go into viper aspect to get my mana back too! Quivers used to give attack speed too! RIP quivers
    I'll one up you, I remember back in the days when you had to Feign Death to leave combat just so you could drink to restore mana. I especially remember doing this on Gruul the Dragonslayer.

I remember when you had melee attack, but I must say I like the new hunters more (without melee).
    I tried out an older version of WoW, and made a hunter and I was so used to the new hunter that I felt like I couldn't do anything, when enemies came close I failed to press my abilities only to notice that I had to use melee attacks