15+ Year Old Account

Bugs! They All Must Die!!!

Okay I hate those stupid bug signature/avatar images, they are very annoying, serve no real purpose, and are spam, can they please be banned from being able to be used?

Stupid things like this:

Thanks.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    You can disable both avatars and signatures from displaying in the user settings then you never have to deal with any kind of irritating ones.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    You can disable both avatars and signatures from displaying in the user settings then you never have to deal with any kind of irritating ones.
    Is it per user or to all users?

I mean I guess I could just ignore anyone that has it....But still these stupid image is just to annoy someone, so it is basically spam.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post

I mean I guess I could just ignore anyone that has it....But still these stupid image is just to annoy someone, so it is basically spam.
    All users, it's either that, or you can just right click it and block it with adblock.

Yea you can only turn off all of them or none of them. I sort of have to will myself to ignore those avatars/sigs too ><

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IRunSoFarAway View Post
    All users, it's either that, or you can just right click it and block it with adblock.
    Update, when ever you do ban a picture make sure you only have that spefic picture banned, not the whole website. Because of this I was having a imgur problem and nothing was coming up....

But come on, just ban the stupid bug. It is not like MMO-Champion has no precedent on things like this, you have banned the ban hammer avatar from being used by none banned posters.

10+ Year Old Account
    But come on, just ban the stupid bug. It is not like MMO-Champion has no precedent on things like this, you have banned the ban hammer avatar from being used by none banned posters.
    Posters aren't allowed to use the banned avatar because it creates confusion, not because we dislike it. I realize you have a reason why you don't like a particular signature but we can't ban for that reason.

I'd support banning that annoying as hell signature.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Posters aren't allowed to use the banned avatar because it creates confusion, not because we dislike it. I realize you have a reason why you don't like a particular signature but we can't ban for that reason.
    You (Mmo-Champion) dislikes those kinds of images because they cause confusion. I dislike these kinds of pictures because I think they are spam/trolly.

Spamming and Trolling

Neither spamming or trolling is acceptable on the forums. This includes, but is not limited to, the following examples:
    Making non-constructive posts
    Posting meme or troll images, text, or videos; "cool story bro", "u mad", "10/10", captioned images, etc...
    I think these Avatars/Signatures are non-constructive(spam) and is a troll image. I simply want your posting rules to also apply to Avatars/Signatures.

Avatars/Signatures is supposed to tell something about yourself to our community. It is supposed to represent you in some way. Yours is a cute cold heart penguin and pictures of your mmo characters, mine is a Deathy dressed up like Michigan J. Frog and a quote from red vs blue.

What is someone with a bug supposed to tell us about them? It is not because they like bugs, that they find something common with bugs, the image is not descriptive in any way. They have it just to annoy us. It is just non-constructive/troll image. I see no reason to have these kinds of images besides that.

So I just ask you to apply the rules you already have to Avatars/Signatures.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just to clarify, the rules already do apply to signatures and avatars. Users might have a little more freedom with sigs/avatars because they don't tend to influence the path of discussion as posts do, but clear rule violations would definitely be subject to the same policies.

The issue is that while one person might interpret it as "trolling," I am not sure is an interpretation most people would agree with. I don't think it's really fair to assume that everyone is using that image for the purpose of upsetting people; maybe they like bugs or maybe they think it's cute or clever. It's possible they are trying to irritate people, but I don't think we can say so conclusively. Regardless of motivations, though, it's still a pretty benign image and can at least be avoided by disabling signatures or having the board display all images as links or even ignoring that individual. You can probably also use something like adblock to block those specific hosted copies as you see them.

We can't disallow a thing just because particular individuals find it annoying; there's always going to be someone out there who will find even the most innocuous of images to be irritating.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |