10+ Year Old Account

Targeted specifically in Highmaul Coliseum

I presume everyone really hates Ferals now, because 3 times out of 4 games last night and just now 4 games in a row, I've been targeted specifically. Hell, one time a guy whispered me and pretty much told me him and a few others were going to target me first.

It's getting annoying. Some games I last all of 6 or 7 seconds.

EDIT: 5 times in a row. Monk war and DK all targeted me off the bat again, lasted about 5 seconds.
    Last edited by Fahrenheit; 2014-11-20 at 04:13 PM.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Deleted
    Targetting fotm classes first seems like a valid strategy to me

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    I presume everyone really hates Ferals now, because 3 times out of 4 games last night and just now 4 games in a row, I've been targeted specifically. Hell, one time a guy whispered me and pretty much told me him and a few others were going to target me first.

It's getting annoying. Some games I last all of 6 or 7 seconds.

EDIT: 5 times in a row. Monk war and DK all targeted me off the bat again, lasted about 5 seconds.

stopped playing wow a long time ago but i still read up and watch streams from time to time.watch soda doing some pvp the other day and it seems to me ferals are sitting pretty well right now in pvp,so that might have something to do with you being targeted first.watching how much soda could heal himself on his feral was beyond dumb.self healing just seems op.ed/broken.just my 2 cents.

10+ Year Old Account
    lol@dk targeting you.
    Blood FTW
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

After having a feral druid hit me for 200k with one attack in Ashran they have flown to the top of my kill list. I am sure it was due to buffs of the zone and other stuff like that but being able to hit somebody for almost all of their life in one hit means you have to kill them every time they pop up.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Deleted
    I'm going to get on the bandwagon and kill ferals first

...if i can

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaelden View Post
    I agree that Feral is FotM and It's fucking annoying to a very long time player.

- - - Updated - - -

Well...

Lol, I wasn't targeted off the bat.

Fahrenheit, Lord of War
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    After having a feral druid hit me for 200k with one attack in Ashran they have flown to the top of my kill list. I am sure it was due to buffs of the zone and other stuff like that but being able to hit somebody for almost all of their life in one hit means you have to kill them every time they pop up.

There is a buff that gives you 200% more damage and 100% more hp. when you die, you drop the buff and someone else can pick it up. And a 60 to 70k crit is doable by almost any class with decent gear.
    In the end the winner is still the last man standing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quick q. Can't you stay stealthed at beginning and wait for the others to start getting into each other before you come out?

EDIT: Also, funny how I was ignored for pretty much all of the battle (I say battle, singular, because I won the very first one I entered) when I joined on my Blood DK. I killed a huntard and by the time he died it was just me and a Lock left, and of course I won. Blood is the undeniable king of 1v1.
    Last edited by Saverem; 2014-11-20 at 09:57 PM.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sengura View Post
    Quick q. Can't you stay stealthed at beginning and wait for the others to start getting into each other before you come out?
    No, you're in the same raid. You you just look grayish when stealthed and can be tabbed or clicked on. Once something knocks you out of your half-assed stealth though you can't reenter no matter how long it's been or how far away you get (maybe rogues can with vanish?)

When there was four left, two warriors were going at it near the middle, and I was mixing it up with a ret paladin towards the edge, who I assume had used his bubble earlier as he didn't use it after I dotted him up and he was getting low. I waxed the pally and the two warriors were both around 80ishK HP so I raked both and hit them both with the same thrash and swipe then saved the combo points for whom ever was left and it was game over. When it was over one of the warriors (the one who died first) started name calling the other warrior for not going after to me when it was the 3 of us. Wouldn't have mattered really once I got the rake and thrash on them. I could have easily FBed one there and ended him then handled the other one.
    Last edited by Fahrenheit; 2014-11-20 at 10:24 PM.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Quote Originally Posted by Gaelden View Post
    and one with long possible endurance thanks to the self healing.

It also doesn't help that the more kills you get in the Coliseum the more damage you do, so if a Feral gets 50% increased damage nobody has a chance against them. At least if it's a Boomkin or something they need to cast and you can compete.

Honestly if you want to win the Coliseum I found it was easy to just spec Resto, stand in a corner healing myself, then when it gets down to just me and 1 or 2 others pop Heart of the Wild and kill them.

10+ Year Old Account
    haha get rekt fotm scum

Post constructively in the future

~ Yva
    Last edited by Yvaelle; 2014-11-22 at 08:28 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Illiterate View Post
    haha get rekt fotm scum
    Been playing feral since April of 2005, back when I did more damage swinging my Herald of Woe in caster form than in cat form.

Besides, I won the Highmaul Coliseum, and now have the Lord of War title.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Only played Highmaul twice (won my 2nd), but in the 2nd game there were 12 people... 2 ferals and 4 ret paladins, and the other 6 people basically all agreed to kill the ferals and rets first. In my first, the last 3 people alive were a Holy Priest, a Feral, and a Ret Paladin.

Strong offhealing and survivability gives you a huge advantage, so yeah, it seems people recognize you as one of the most dangerous classes and focus you now.

As a Rogue, everybody basically ignored me the entire match because we're just complete and utter garbage in there. That's the only reason I won.

There's always a fotm class, they redesign the wheel every expac to create a myriad of class jumpers.

My advice as OP has done, stay with 1 class/spec forever and your time in the sun will come. Also others will attack you both personally and in the game for your choice.

Just remember for every time they jump you, they are acknowledging that you are a threat. Bite them when you get a chance.

Ferals are really dangerous if left alone. You want to get rid of him asap so you don't get to face him in a 1v1.

I focus ferals and rogues as well, particularly the highly annoying rogues who think having Burst of Speed up constantly is the mark of a pro.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Helltrixz View Post
    Band up with other ferals, no joke, that's how I got my win. :P Especially mages will try and call out on killing ferals first.
    It's funny you should mention that, as 90% of the time it was the one mage or warlock in the group that started the vocal campaign to kill ferals then ret, and DKs.

Mage: "Look guys, I'm a mage, we suck, can we just get the feral out of the way first?"
    Other guy: "Sounds good, they're OP as hell"
    Another guy: "For sure, you're screwed man (referring to me). We need to get you out of here"
    Yet another guy: "One FB'ed me the other day for like 200k, so um... yeah"

*Elevator starts to go up* and I die a little inside.

Glad, I've won it an don't have to go back with any regularity.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    It's funny you should mention that, as 90% of the time it was the one mage or warlock in the group that started the vocal campaign to kill ferals then ret, and DKs.

Mage: "Look guys, I'm a mage, we suck, can we just get the feral out of the way first?"
    Other guy: "Sounds good, they're OP as hell"
    Another guy: "For sure, you're screwed man (referring to me). We need to get you out of here"
    Yet another guy: "One FB'ed me the other day for like 200k, so um... yeah"

*Elevator starts to go up* and I die a little inside.

Glad, I've won it an don't have to go back with any regularity.
    It is quite understandable behavior. The weakest want to get rid of the strongest the most and it won't be difficult for them to convince the middle of the pack, after all their choice is to fight the weak and face the strong alone or the other way around. Darwin is at work!