Thread: DISCI in CMs

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by magneeeto View Post
    Sorry but that's a sad post. Not only you rant, attacking the poster, but you don't even know what you are talking about.

Explain to us how you are going to heal heavy 5man group-wide damage without PoH.

You've never been into skyreach challenge mode, have you?
    I never said you shouldn't use PoH, I said you shouldn't spam it. I realize English might not be your first language, but I encourage you to learn from your mistake and read better in the future.

You do use PoH occasionally, but never without Serendipity. And honestly, Binding > Binding > Heal > Repeat is often the better choice if you are stabilizing group damage.

I have done Skyreach in fact and we struggled more on trash than on bosses. Reading your posts I honestly don't think you have the slightest clue about Holy mechanics.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by emni View Post
    I never said you shouldn't use PoH, I said you shouldn't spam it. I realize English might not be your first language, but I encourage you to learn from your mistake and read better in the future.

You do use PoH occasionally, but never without Serendipity. And honestly, Binding > Binding > Heal > Repeat is often the better choice if you are stabilizing group damage.

I have done Skyreach in fact and we struggled more on trash than on bosses. Reading your posts I honestly don't think you have the slightest clue about Holy mechanics.

Binding heal is so good for serendipity stacks<3
    Renew on everyone, binding to frequently refresh it, if tanks taking loads of damage, heal; if the party is not topped up, poh with 2 stacks.

I really love holy for 5 man content, but fuck me if it isn't boring in raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Papulipida View Post
    Hi,
    i tried to heal CMs as holy, but i find it impossible (with brm tank). In logs i can see, that priest are mainly going disci.
    Do you have any tips, such as how to choose last talent?
    Thanks
    Do you expect very heavy group damage? Go with Words of Mending.
    CoW is better in pretty much every other situation. Just don't forget that shields are not actually heals, heal first (if tank is at low health), CoW after that. Also using CoW on people other than the tank is a waste of time in the vast majority of cases.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycheh View Post
    I really love holy for 5 man content, but fuck me if it isn't boring in raids.
    Compared to disc playing holy in raids it's actual rocket science.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Goshko View Post
    Do you expect very heavy group damage? Go with Words of Mending.
    CoW is better in pretty much every other situation. Just don't forget that shields are not actually heals, heal first (if tank is at low health), CoW after that. Also using CoW on people other than the tank is a waste of time in the vast majority of cases.

Compared to disc playing holy in raids it's actual rocket science.

I'd have to disagree with you there, I used to adore holy but in raids I enjoy discipline far more, mainly because atonement has been shut down. That stuff made me not play my main for an entire expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycheh View Post
    I'd have to disagree with you there, I used to adore holy but in raids I enjoy discipline far more, mainly because atonement has been shut down. That stuff made me not play my main for an entire expansion.
    Well you must LOVE pws is all I can say. Even the holy nova spam of 6.0 was more complex.

Sorry but that's a sad post. Not only you rant, attacking the poster, but you don't even know what you are talking about.

Explain to us how you are going to heal heavy 5man group-wide damage without PoH.
    Oh man, someone was left 2 years behind

I find it interesting that to get any information out of this forum you have to be yelled at and personally attacked *occasionally on private messages too. If you ask politely you are being ignored. It's as if some people live to be in conflict.
    If you come here, act smarter than everyone else and then prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that you don't have a clue what you're talking about, you're going to get called down. Get over it. You've said repeatedly that CoW is not useful in CMs and that's bad information. Anyone who read your advice and tried to follow it would be worse off for it, so I'm not about to be shy about telling you how wrong you are (which doesn't constitute "be[ing] yelled at", by the way). You had zero clue about holy's mechanics, obviously, and CoW is the most used 90 talent in CMs, and the best choice for almost every encounter (there are exceptions, but it's certainly not the 1 in 8 you tried to claim with a straight face).

And just to make sure the record is straight, since he decided to say this crap while quoting me: I have never PMed him.

PS. It's also sad that the most frequent posters of the stickies also yell at each other whenever they have new information and then stop talking otherwise.
    Don't even know what you're on about, but don't really care, either.

That would make some sense if it wasn't completely nonsense about the last boss of ubrs. If you try to imply you can do "heavy usage of cow" in there, you are not fooling anyone.

Unless maybe your group is amazing and it never gets burned on anything.

That might be a possibility, but that wouldn't need a good healer anyway.
    See? This is passive-aggressive. You just called me a liar when I clearly explained EXACTLY what I do for that boss. The entire first phase is CoW spam and as long as your group isn't taking avoidable damage (yes, you're actually supposed to avoid the fire breath) it gets more use after the phase 2 adds are killed.

It's indeed quite ironic that some self-proclaimed "pro" healers always imply that their group never does mistakes.

Of course, since the damage will be much lower than in most groups, it needs sub-par healing in that case.

Which is an irony on their claim about their pro healing. Anyone can just spam cow on a low dmg group.
    I'm sorry, but this is comedic gold. You were expecting to do CMs with a "high dmg" [taken] group? Please go away, now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aimeez View Post
    I think by clunky, the implication is that it doesn't have much in the way of synergy with procs outside of PW:S reducing the cast time. It is also a pretty boring and uninspired spell but I'm going to eat all my previous complaints about it. Despite it being dull, it is an excellent spell and almost essential for making Discipline viable in challenging 5 man content.

I thought I'd miss Atonement but I'm happier with CoW. I feel like such a treacherous bitch saying that but yeah. CoW is good.
    He said CoW was clunky when trying to group heal, not the entire spec. So, no, I don't think that's the implication. I personally find CoW boring (as I find spamming slow cast "efficient" heals boring on any healing spec) but his use of the buzzword "clunky" was just plain wrong. He's said in at least one other place that CoW is a "useless" talent that you can only use pre-pull and never during the course of a fight, and he's flat out wrong about that, too.